• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks add flip

lawman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince doesn't have to score 25ppg every night. He just needs to serve the purpose that Ray Allen serves on the Celtics. Avg 17-20ppg with an occasional 30 point outburst. He would make sure that we would have 4 scoring threats on the floor every night. This could be a viable trade

Marvin

Zaza

Speedy (or rights to Josh Childress)

Carter

1st rounder in 2010

The Nets would clear salary space and get a young player. We would clear off 14 million by letting Bibby walk at the end of the year, which makes Vince's contract palateable, and will set us up for resigning JJ in 2010. It is a win win for both teams.

Edit: And most importantly, it would spare us the embarrassment of trying to resign Marvin Williams to a manageable contract. Imagine if he avgs 16/7 this year. As the former #2 pick overall I am sure he will ask for a contract comparable to Smooves. And some team looking to add young talent may just outbid us. We could lose Marvin without getting anything in return.

Edited by Johnnybravo4

• Premium Member
Vince doesn't have to score 25ppg every night. He just needs to serve the purpose that Ray Allen serves on the Celtics. Avg 17-20ppg with an occasional 30 point outburst. He would make sure that we would have 4 scoring threats on the floor every night. This could be a viable trade

Marvin

Zaza

Carter

1st rounder in 2010

The Nets would clear salary space and get a young player. We would clear off 14 million by letting Bibby walk at the end of the year, which makes Vince's contract palateable, and will set us up for resigning JJ in 2010. It is a win win for both teams.

Edit: And most importantly, it would spare us the embarrassment of trying to resign Marvin Williams to a manageable contract. Imagine if he avgs 16/7 this year. As the former #2 pick overall I am sure he will ask for a contract comparable to Smooves. And some team looking to add young talent may just outbid us. We could lose Marvin without getting anything in return.

No thank you!

FYI, the RealGM trade checker gives the impression that Flip's deal is ~$1.5M for one year...and that would mean the Hawks used approximately half of their remaining MLE.

We should think about this for a minute or so. We know Bibby is our leading PG...we also know Speedy is untrustworthy health-wise...and we know Acie is a 2nd year guy coming off an average at best 1st year. Does this mean their is a Bibby trade in the works - or planned around mid-season?

Marvin

Zaza

Carter

1st rounder in 2010

I think Marvin'll be more effective for our team, simply because he has chemistry with the players. Marvin may or may not be more productive than Vince Carter, but he's the better rebounder. If Marvin hasn't shown he's drastically improved (18/7/3 or something like that) then you talk about moving him for Vince, mid-season. However, I am eager to see what Marvin will do this year. If we trade him to NJ and he blows up, I'd be highly upset.

• Premium Member

Marvin

Zaza

Carter

1st rounder in 2010

Actually, Vince is no longer in his prime, but he would provide much more of an impact that Marvin. IF we were to add Zaza, I would want one of NJ's young bigs and I would not ask for the 1st in 2010. Come on, if we're giving them Speedy, then we can't ask for a 1st. Honestly, Marvin is not worth more than Vince right now. Vince = Perinneal Allstar. Marvin = ??? If you put Vince at the SG, JJ at the Sf... then JJ will go buck wild having a scorer playing next to him.

Actually, Vince is no longer in his prime, but he would provide much more of an impact that Marvin. IF we were to add Zaza, I would want one of NJ's young bigs and I would not ask for the 1st in 2010. Come on, if we're giving them Speedy, then we can't ask for a 1st. Honestly, Marvin is not worth more than Vince right now. Vince = Perinneal Allstar. Marvin = ??? If you put Vince at the SG, JJ at the Sf... then JJ will go buck wild having a scorer playing next to him.

Vince is only a perennial all star because the fans are stupid and like seeing people who dunk.

FYI, the RealGM trade checker gives the impression that Flip's deal is ~$1.5M for one year...and that would mean the Hawks used approximately half of their remaining MLE.

Is there any chance we used the LLE instead of the MLE? I was hoping we still had the 3.3 available for the right big if a deal came along.

I wouldn't be against bringing in Carter. He's a great player, and would be a very good second option next to Joe. They are both good scorers and I think they would compliment each other well. Carter is a good enough ball handler and distributor to take the pressure off of Joe. Of course, I don't know how well it would work out, considering we'd have to trade Bibby. We would need a player that could defend the PG position and hit the open 3 to replace the loss of Mike. There's also chemistry issues, considering Marvin has been playing with this team for the past 3 years and might mesh better with his team mates. Like I said in a previous post, if Marvin doesn't pan out by the middle of the season, I would love to trade for Vince Carter.

Eh ?

That's not true, and you know it.

So we wouldn't make the playoffs by adding a 21/6/5 player, just because he's not a lockdown defender ?

Marvin Williams is only above average defensively, and Vince Carter isn't too much worse than him defensively. He'll make up for that with the shooting/scoring/playmaking he provides.

I know your a huge homer, but I mean..c'mon Vince Carter is better than Marvin, hands down.

Edited by EazyRoc