• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Falcons season opener

Eddielives

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matt ryan looks like he will be a "SAFE" Qb. not a great qb but a safe. quite honestly detroit stinks and we have a great running game. as long as ryan doesnt play qb like vince young then we are good.

Matt will rely heavily on the running game this year. He's a rookie. The falcons knew what they were doing when they signed Turner. Let Ryan develop slowly. He will be "safe" until the Falcons can build around him. He will be better as the Falcons get more pieces.

Gotta give a lot of credit to the O line. they took care of business. Turner sets a new single game rushing record. They keep doing that and Ryan will be a wiz kid.

Correction: He sets a new franchise single game rushing record. I believe Adreian Peterson ran for 290+ yards last year against the Chargers.

Great start to the opener for the Falcons. That went about as well they could have hope for. Don't expect Ryan to go over 20 pass attempts this season in any given game. Ryan job this season is to manage the offense. If he shows he is making huge strides then they may give more chances to make big plays with his arm in the 2nd half.

Great start to the opener for the Falcons. That went about as well they could have hope for. Don't expect Ryan to go over 20 pass attempts this season in any given game. Ryan job this season is to manage the offense. If he shows he is making huge strides then they may give more chances to make big plays with his arm in the 2nd half.

Ryan will easily go over 20 pass attempts a dozen times this year. We got lucky today. Detroit is bad. They don't tackle at all. If Ryan doesn't have to, we'll probably have 11 or 12 wins, which is highly unlikely. No way we'll be able to run like this all year. I was impressed with his check downs. He looked very polished.

Great win for the Falcons. I thought Ryan played well, not great, but well. Better than expected for a rookie. He did make a few bad passes that might be picked by a better defense. But he will learn.

Turner is the real deal. The guy just keeps motoring. Norwood looked great as well. With the way Turner runs, Norwood is going to be very important because there is no way Turner can stay fresh as hard as he runs every play.

O-line looked terrific in the running game and OK in the passing game. They made some mistakes when the Lions blitzed, but overall you have to say they did their job today.

Our defensive line is simply awful. No consistent pressure on Kitna, and when pressure came 80% of it was from Abe. Biermann had a nice pass rush on a few plays. Jam98 can't finish off plays. They guy looks like he tenses up when he gets near the qb. He has got to learn to drive all the way to the end of the play. The DTs were good against the run, but non-existent in creating an interior rush.

The LBs were as solid as predicted. Lofton is going to be a beast.

The DBs are just too small. Detroit is a bad matchup for this group, but in the end, considering Kitna really didn't face much pressure they actually did all-right. Still Houston needs to be more aware at what he's doing. Grimes played about as good as he could against those tall receivers. Grimes will shut down smaller WRs like Steve Smith and Marcus Golsten.

• Premium Member

The strength of our Offense is the Turner-Norwood combo. That allows us to "hide"Ryan for right now. It's best that his pass attempts be very limited for right now. He made a few throws that reminded me of the player I saw at BC, and that's not a good thing. But relying on the run opens up our passing game, making for some easier throws for Ryan. I'm still a little concerned about our defense though, both the pass rush and our secondary. Abraham got some pressure on the QB but it seemed like Kitna had waaaaay to much time in the pocket. But overall, a nice game, especially in comparison to the type of football we played last season.

For the first game under a new coaching staff they did great. I was impressed with how they mixed up Turner and Norwood. never happened like that before.

Got to remember the that the OC when as Steelers had a rookie QB and a steamroller for a RB and made it work. They didn't asked Ryan to do too much. He made a couple bad throws but he played within his game and that's what he needs to do until his gets the lay of the land. If we can run the ball and keep the defense on the bench to rest we may have a chance.

Wow, a great day! Turner and Ryan impress, my Titans win, and my FFB team is killer! Though I wish I started Norwood over McAllister I still scored 155.

Dr.R makes a good point comparing Ryan to Roethlisberger with Mularkey.

Actually, no he doesn't. Mularkey had already left the Steelers. He was the HC of the Buffalo Bills in 04' and 05'.

Edited by TroyMcClure