Georgia vs Alabama

DrReality

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Georgia fan I'm just worried about our OL. If they play well Georgia will win no problem.

That is my worry too. That 400 lb DT for Alabama commands a double team on every play. I expect us to hit the edges alot vs. the Tide to try and take that huge DT out of the game. I would also like to se Stafford master the short passing game a bit more.

Alabama offense is as vanilla as they come. Line it up in the I formation and pound the ball. Stopping that happens to be the Dawg's strength.

UGA's pass defense gives up a lot of yards due to the "bend but don't break" crap Martinez likes to run. (as much as I dislike his philosophy he is a college buddy of Richt's so he ain't going no where. However, b/c of seldom blitzing we have alot of defenders roaming the field to pick off any throw that is a mistake and John Parker Wilson makes alot of mistakes. He will throw some jump balls up to their AJ Green like freshman stud but Asher Allen will make him pay for that ! I just hope that #3 (forget his name) does not get torched too bad, as he usually does.

I predict two interceptions by the Tide's QB that will ultimately decide the game. I also predict Richt and Bobo will come out throwing (as they usually do). If they can get up on Bama early it will totally take them out of their offensive game plan of pounding the ball up the middle and force Parker into making mistakes that he alwayse makes when he is forced to pass more then 20 times per game.

Can't wait to be there at Sanford Stadium for another night game "black out." The Dawgs will be as amped as ever ! The crowd will be INSANE !!!

GO DAWGS !!!!!!

This is simply a huge game for us UGA grads and fans.

The funny thing is that my mom's side of the family all went to Alabama, in fact, my cousin played for the Tide back in the mid-80s. The jawing back and forth is sort of fun with them.

I really expect a long, back and forth game that won't be decided until late in 4th. It will be a typical SEC matchup where field position, turnover, and the kicking game will matter the most.

This is simply a huge game for us UGA grads and fans.

The funny thing is that my mom's side of the family all went to Alabama, in fact, my cousin played for the Tide back in the mid-80s. The jawing back and forth is sort of fun with them.

I really expect a long, back and forth game that won't be decided until late in 4th. It will be a typical SEC matchup where field position, turnover, and the kicking game will matter the most.

Thats funny ! My brother got his masters at Alabama and is working on his PhD. at Ohio State. He has completed everything but his disertation. Anyway, he loves the Tide over his home-town Dawgs. (Dude grew up in Athens and went to Clarke Central HS right in the middle of fraternity row.)

I'm just glad he did not turn into a Buckeye fan. That I could not handle !

Article in AJC indicated this is the tenth? time two top ten teams have played in Atherns. Pretty amazing.

How do you guys see it turning out? If we can run the ball we should do OK. Defensive line has to get pressure on the qb.

Georgia 24-19.

GA 27 - AL 17. Pretty close game in the first half but GA breaks it open with a big play in the 2nd half. Look for GA's "other" true freshman WR Tavarres King to make a big play (or two) in the game when the Tide's D over compensates for AJ Green.

I think the key will be our linebacker play stopping the run game of alabama. Their line might be better on both sides of the ball, but we have enough playmakers on offense to overcome this. I expect it to be like 35-27 or so, due to both coaches opening up the offense and trick plays etc...

I think the key will be our linebacker play stopping the run game of alabama. Their line might be better on both sides of the ball, but we have enough playmakers on offense to overcome this. I expect it to be like 35-27 or so, due to both coaches opening up the offense and trick plays etc...

I don't see GA giving up 27. If they do, I don't see us running the table this year even if we beat AL.

Thats funny ! My brother got his masters at Alabama and is working on his PhD. at Ohio State. He has completed everything but his disertation. Anyway, he loves the Tide over his home-town Dawgs. (Dude grew up in Athens and went to Clarke Central HS right in the middle of fraternity row.)

I'm just glad he did not turn into a Buckeye fan. That I could not handle !

Writing the dissertation is the hardest part. I just finished and defended on Sept 11, so I am now officially a PhD. Whew

It seems like a lot of guys that grew up in Athens don't want to play for UGA. My guess is that the Bulldogs get shoved down your throat in Athens, but if you aren't with UGA, the University can be a bit a pain to deal with.

Writing the dissertation is the hardest part. I just finished and defended on Sept 11, so I am now officially a PhD. Whew

It seems like a lot of guys that grew up in Athens don't want to play for UGA. My guess is that the Bulldogs get shoved down your throat in Athens, but if you aren't with UGA, the University can be a bit a pain to deal with.

Good job! Congratulations.

Piled Higher and Deeper. . . . . . . . . . congrats. Huge hurdle. What was it in.

I'd be surprised if they scored that many points too.

I think we need to mix up our passing game and if Stafford can connect on some long passes and open up the game we could do very well.

I think the whole think about wearing black is great and one of their team/coaches made a comment about going to our funeral? how stupid can you be???

Awesome frosgrim! Soooo....are we authorized to call your Dr F?

I'll be at the game, it's gonna get crazy. I just hope we play like we're capable of playing. I really think Alabama is overrated even though they've had some nice wins, because Saban has only been able to recruit for 1 full offseason, meaning all their top recruits are freshmen. They do have a good line on both sides of the ball though, which scares me. But, our skill players and QB is much better. It won't be easy.

I'll be at the game, it's gonna get crazy. I just hope we play like we're capable of playing. I really think Alabama is overrated even though they've had some nice wins, because Saban has only been able to recruit for 1 full offseason, meaning all their top recruits are freshmen. They do have a good line on both sides of the ball though, which scares me. But, our skill players and QB is much better. It won't be easy.

I think our skill position players are better too. That said, don't look for my man Tavarres King tomorrow. I think the high ankle sprain he suffered versus Arizona State late in the game will have him on the sidelines. :hush:

Piled Higher and Deeper. . . . . . . . . . congrats. Huge hurdle. What was it in.

I have my PhD in Medical Anthropology. Field work was in Otavalo, Ecuador.

Looking for an academic job now, but I am comfortably employed in public health right now.

Thanks for all the congratulations, its a huge burden lifted.

To whomever asked if I can be Dr. F, sure! (some of the students I taught in college might take that to heart...)