• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Revised predictions

DrReality

55-27...... Ah Hell, 62-20 :worshippy:

The play of MoEvans and the New Zaza and Marvin will take us a long way.

good one...I give them 52-30....30-11 home record and 22-19 road record

Alllright....Giggity :cheers:

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

Don't know if you guys saw...but they had Jamal Mashburn on NBA Fastbreak (I guess that's what it is) after the game...and he said the Hawks were going to go "deep into the playoffs" now instead of "one and done". I love how one week he talks about how the Hawks have no bench because Childress is gone, and now he's saying we have a good bench with Flip, Mo, and Zaza!

Hilarious! We cannot let all of this love get to our heads! So many articles! haha

There's still more work to do.

Don't know if you guys saw...but they had Jamal Mashburn on NBA Fastbreak (I guess that's what it is) after the game...and he said the Hawks were going to go "deep into the playoffs" now instead of "one and done". I love how one week he talks about how the Hawks have no bench because Childress is gone, and now he's saying we have a good bench with Flip, Mo, and Zaza!

Hilarious! We cannot let all of this love get to our heads! So many articles! haha

If I was an outsider looking in like that I definitely would completely change my opinion about the Hawks if I saw that game. I mean how could anyone not be impressed with that performance by the Hawks?

I bet even Chad Ford and John Hollinger are secretly impressed

• Moderators

I did watch that. I love Mash but he probably sprained his neck changing his direction that quickly.

45-37 would work for me

This team is still growing minus Bibby. We'll be Boston in 2 years if these boys are kept together.

I think you guys are writing Bibby off too early. When we got him last year I think he was 2 years younger than Nash was when he went to Phoenix. He's not likely to get better the next few years but he could very well be able to stay around this level of play. That's certainly not worth what he's getting paid now, but I'd pay him the MLE or slightly over on a 3-4 year contract and not think twice about it.

Oh and to the original question, I thought we'd be at 45 wins before I saw us play. I know this will disappoint Peoriabird but I doubt we'll win 81 games but I think if we stay healthy we could 55 games.

I think you guys are writing Bibby off too early. When we got him last year I think he was 2 years younger than Nash was when he went to Phoenix. He's not likely to get better the next few years but he could very well be able to stay around this level of play. That's certainly not worth what he's getting paid now, but I'd pay him the MLE or slightly over on a 3-4 year contract and not think twice about it.

Oh and to the original question, I thought we'd be at 45 wins before I saw us play. I know this will disappoint Peoriabird but I doubt we'll win 81 games but I think if we stay healthy we could 55 games.

Agreed about Bibby. At 15-5, Bibby is better than any of us probably assumed Acie would be for the next couple of years even if he had developed. Moreover, he fits in well with the team because he can push the pace and iniate the offense but he can play off Joe in the half court without stalling the flow by overpounding the rock.

At 6-1 now, we'd have to go 35-40 to get to .500. I think most of us expect that. 45-37 (inverse of last season) would require 39-36 which seems doable provided the Smith injury isn't more serious than expected and the guys don't fall apart with the first consecutive losses. 50 games requires 44-31 from here on out which is a tall order, I'm still skeprical but I'd love to see that, obviously, as wins are more fun to watch than losses.

Lets shoot for 50 until further notice.

• Premium Member

I still say over 50 wins for the season. This team does NOT look like a 45 win team. I just can't see us playing at that .500 level anymore. I think this team will only get better as the season progresses. They just have to keep up the intensity and poise that they've shown thus far.