• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yep. The "Streak" was fools gold.

Plainview1981

I know I'm hard on this team and everybody gets tired of seeing that. But I'm tired of watching the Hawks give up career nights to every Johnny come lately they play. They've been doing it for years. Bad defense is possibly the most annoying thing in sports. Atleast for me.

There is just no way that guy should have had a game like that. It's just not believable.

The offense will score enough, but I can't see these guys staying committed to the defense. So far it doesn't look like they are.

I know I'm hard on this team and everybody gets tired of seeing that. But I'm tired of watching the Hawks give up career nights to every Johnny come lately they play. They've been doing it for years. Bad defense is possibly the most annoying thing in sports. Atleast for me.

That's the first time this season a random guy had a career night. Every team gives those up every once in a while. And it was Zaza's fault for giving him two And1's to start the game and it boosted his confidence for the rest of the night.

You say a great defensive team shouldn't suffer by losing their best defender? How do you think the Spurs would look without Duncan in the middle? Individual players (especially ones who play excellent help D) are what make a good defensive team.

That's the first time this season a random guy had a career night. Every team gives those up every once in a while. And it was Zaza's fault for giving him two And1's to start the game and it boosted his confidence for the rest of the night.

You say a great defensive team shouldn't suffer by losing their best defender? How do you think the Spurs would look without Duncan in the middle? Individual players (especially ones who play excellent help D) are what make a good defensive team.

I said a defensive team shouldn't fall apart and give up 115 points to a team they're clearly more talented than. Even without Josh Smith.

The Nets are averaging only 94PPG even after that 115 point game last night. They scored 20 something more points than their average last night. Even without Josh Smith that is bad. There is no excuse for it. Every fan of every teams looks for excuses as to why their team didn't get the job done. (The refs screwed us, so and so was out. blah blah blah)The bottom line is they didn't play hard enough on the defensive end. They would have fouled my 70 year old aunt if she was playing for the Nets last night.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Truth. Lakers = Pretenders. Same old Celts, too. Lost to the Nuggets in Boston. Pathetic.

I'm sorry, but if I'm not mistaken, one team won the title last year and the other got to the finals. The team here hasn't posted a winning record in a decade. History shows us The Lakers and Boston (Although, it's a unique situation so not as much history here) will be alright. The Hawks haven't earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

There is just no way that guy should have had a game like that. It's just not believable.

The offense will score enough, but I can't see these guys staying committed to the defense. So far it doesn't look like they are.

You're not a coach, buddy. You "being hard" on them will make absolutely zero difference.

You're "tired" of the Hawks playing this way and that way... Yet they are playing the best basketball they have played in a decade, are considered conference contenders, are playing without one of their best players, and you take a dump on them after 1 bad game at the end of a very tough road trip.

Wake up dude and be a fan for once, if you really are one.

You're not a coach, buddy. You "being hard" on them will make absolutely zero difference.

You're "tired" of the Hawks playing this way and that way... Yet they are playing the best basketball they have played in a decade, are considered conference contenders, are playing without one of their best players, and you take a dump on them after 1 bad game at the end of a very tough road trip.

Wake up dude and be a fan for once, if you really are one.

Conference contenders? You don't become conference contenders after a couple of games. People are so damn fickle. Let them actually earn something before writing them down as legit. They haven't earned the right to be called conference contenders. Let them atleast have a good record at mid season. Or even into Jan before you hand them this and hand them that.

Maybe I should give them chance to prove themselves. There has simply been too many letdowns by this team over the years.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Conference contenders? You don't become conference contenders after a couple of games. People are so damn fickle. Let them actually earn something before writing them down as legit. They haven't earned the right to be called conference contenders. Let them atleast have a good record at mid season. Or even into Jan before you hand them this and hand them that.

Maybe I should give them chance to prove themselves. There has simply been too many letdowns by this team over the years.

They will never earn anything from you. You want to wait til midseason to give them any credit, but you only wait for one bad game to badmouth them and say the previous 7 games were not legit?

Am I the only one missing something here? Fact is, you were waiting for a game like this so you could trash them. This thread is sheer hypocrisy at it's finest. If you don't want to call them conference contenders, I'm ok with that. But you can't deny this is the best they've played in a decade, and here you are a trashin'.

They will never earn anything from you. You want to wait til midseason to give them any credit, but you only wait for one bad game to badmouth them and say the previous 7 games were not legit?

Am I the only one missing something here? Fact is, you were waiting for a game like this so you could trash them. This thread is sheer hypocrisy at it's finest. If you don't want to call them conference contenders, I'm ok with that. But you can't deny this is the best they've played in a decade, and here you are a trashin'.

Alright, I'll put my money where my mouth is.

If I go on big rant about this team the next 2 months, I'm banned for the entire season. We should know if this is a good team or not by the middle of Jan.

To be honest Hot . . . they only had one bad quarter. When you give up 42 points in the 4th quarter, you deserve to lose.

And we STILL were one stop away from possibly tying the game with about 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, after Al cut it to 3 with thsoe FTs.

Ish, if you told me before the season that the Hawks would be 6 - 2 . . . even 6 - 3 ( if we lose tonight ), after 8 or 9 games, I'd be happy as hell.

LOL @ me trying to explain this. Da hell am I thinking?