• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yep. The "Streak" was fools gold.

Plainview1981

Not just because they embarrassed themselves tonight. The defense has been regressing for several games. Perhaps it was only good for a few games as I suspected. I know... I know. People are going to say Josh Smith is out. Defense is a TEAM game. If the defense falls apart because one player is out, it's not really a good defense in the first place.

Second, the Hawks were giving up 104PPG the second half of the season WITH Josh in the lineup. This a lazy team that fouls on the defensive end instead of playing good solid defense. Really, they haven't played good defense since they played Toronto. Oak City didn't score alot, but they're not really an extremely talented team.

If you look at the box scores you would think JJ had a great game. If he had actually done something in the first 3 periods they might have had a lead and one this game. It's not all his fault... People simply drunk too much Kool aid on this team. I'm glad I didn't let myself get let down because that's what would have happened had I believed this team was for "real". They're not.

They made a 4PPG player look like Shaq tonight. Shame on them.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Not just because they embarrassed themselves tonight. The defense has been regressing for several games. Perhaps it was only good for a few games as I suspected. I know... I know. People are going to say Josh Smith is out.

And they are right. That just shows how valuable Smith is. He bails out everyone else when they get beat.

Last years team isn't relevant because Childress, Lue and Salim (all poor defenders) have been replace by guys who play better D.

And they are right. That just shows how valuable Smith is. He bails out everyone else when they get beat.

Last years team isn't relevant because Childress, Lue and Salim (all poor defenders) have been replace by guys who play better D.

Lue didn't play with the Hawks the second half of the season last year. Salim didn't play huge minutes. Try again. The Hawks have been a bad defensive team since before Josh Smith was drafted and they're still a bad defensive team with Josh Smith in the lineup. The Hawks didn't give up 104PPG the second half of last season because of Childress and Salim playing once every 4 or 5 games. Get real. He played in 37 games last year for an average of 11MPG. Often times he would come in sometime in the 4th and try to help shoot the Hawks back into games.

Like I said, I was tempted to believe. And maybe I did alittle perhaps. But I didn't 100% believe. Like I said, it's a long season. The Hawks are exposed.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Lue didn't play with the Hawks the second half of the season last year. Salim didn't play huge minutes. Try again. The Hawks have been a bad defensive team since before Josh Smith was drafted and they're still a bad defensive team with Josh Smith in the lineup. The Hawks didn't give up 104PPG the second half of last season because of Childress and Salim playing once every 4 or 5 games. Get real. He played in 37 games last year for an average of 11MPG. Often times he would come in sometime in the 4th and try to help shoot the Hawks back into games.

Like I said, I was tempted to believe. And maybe I did alittle perhaps. But I didn't 100% believe. Like I said, it's a long season. The Hawks are exposed.

The Hawks gave up 4 more ppg last season when Childress was playing last year. They gave up 7 ppg less when Smith was playing.

The defense dropped off hard as soon as Smith was out. It isn't a surprise. Horford is too small to guard someone like Lopez and Zaza sucks.

The Hawks gave up 4 more ppg last season when Childress was playing last year. They gave up 7 ppg less when Smith was playing.

The defense dropped off hard as soon as Smith was out. It isn't a surprise. Horford is too small to guard someone like Lopez and Zaza sucks.

I'm not saying Josh makes no difference. But in the long run their a bad defensive team with or without him. My sample size is much larger than your 3 or 4 games. It looks like Al is too small to guard just about anybody. He sure ain't stopping people.

I'm not saying Josh makes no difference. But in the long run their a bad defensive team with or without him. My sample size is much larger than your 3 or 4 games. It looks like Al is too small to guard just about anybody. He sure ain't stopping people.

The Hawks were middle of the pack defensively last year and are certainly better now. But to truly become a strong defensive team they need a center with size who can play D and someone other than Bibby as the starting pg.

The Hawks were middle of the pack defensively last year and are certainly better now. But to truly become a strong defensive team they need a center with size who can play D and someone other than Bibby as the starting pg.

No doubt a center is needed. But it isn't like there are a boatload of teams that have good centers. I should also note that the Hawks have a weak schedule the second half of last year. Which makes the 104PPG given up on the defensive end worse.

You cry about folks overreacting after 6 games, yet you overreact after 1. Take a look in the mirror. This thread is ridiculous.

The defense hasn't played well since The Toronto game. Stat wise, it looks good on the Oak City game... But the defense wasn't as good as the box score suggested. I'm not buying that a defense is going to play great and then fall completely apart just because Josh Smith goes out. You don't go from being a great defense (Like some would probably claim) to being unable stop stop anybody because of him. I refuse to believe that. Flat out refuse until I see the Hawks play long term good defense with Josh Smith in the lineup.

Say I have no faith or whatever. Maybe I don't. I don't have faith in anybody. I want to see results before I believe.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The defense hasn't played well since The Toronto game. Stat wise, it looks good on the Oak City game... But the defense wasn't as good as the box score suggested. I'm not buying that a defense is going to play great and then fall completely apart just because Josh Smith goes out. You don't go from being a great defense (Like some would probably claim) to being unable stop stop anybody because of him. I refuse to believe that. Flat out refuse until I see the Hawks play long term good defense with Josh Smith in the lineup.

Say I have no faith or whatever. Maybe I don't. I don't have faith in anybody. I want to see results before I believe.

Their defense isn't as bad as it looks now without Smith just like the defense wasn't as good as it looked the first 3 games with him.

I would say with Smith they are certainly a better than average defense, maybe even top 10 but not top 5. Without him they are below average.

To be a top 5 defensive team over the course of the season they need more size and a starting pg who is at least average on D. Bibby isn't that guy.

Their defense isn't as bad as it looks now without Smith just like the defense wasn't as good as it looked the first 3 games with him.

I would say with Smith they are certainly a better than average defense, maybe even top 10 but not top 5. Without him they are below average.

To be a top 5 defensive team over the course of the season they need more size and a starting pg who is at least average on D. Bibby isn't that guy.

Even with that, this is still a VERY flawed team. It's probably closer to an average defense with Josh Smith. That and you consider a lack of post game. It's going to be live and die by the 3 often. Marvin and Flip aren't likely to keep shooting these percentages.