• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need Thabeet

GameTime

We need to trade for a top 10 or 5 draft pick. With him we are a championsip squad. He is the second coming of a young Dikembe.

he is definitely a Mutumbo like player with his ability to block shots and change shots and what not but I dont know if he is worth trading for. what trade would we make..do u have any in mind?

looking ahead to next years upcoming draft, Im liking Patrick Patterson from Kentucky..I think he forfills our needs..reminds me of a Jason Maxiell type player..i think he is a sleeper. Id much rather have him than Thabeet because he can play right away while Thabeet is a project..but he might be worth waiting for lol

anyway..if u want, check out Patrick Patterson:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patrick-patterson

• Premium Member
he is definitely a Mutumbo like player with his ability to block shots and change shots and what not but I dont know if he is worth trading for. what trade would we make..do u have any in mind?

looking ahead to next years upcoming draft, Im liking Patrick Patterson from Kentucky..I think he forfills our needs..reminds me of a Jason Maxiell type player..i think he is a sleeper. Id much rather have him than Thabeet because he can play right away while Thabeet is a project..but he might be worth waiting for lol

anyway..if u want, check out Patrick Patterson:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patrick-patterson

Patterson has nowhere to play with us. Thabeet does.

The problem with a trade right now is that I don't really see what we have to trade. I suppose we could move Horford for a bigger center (Kaman?), but is that really the right move?

Marvin is really showing what his shooting can do for the team, so trading him for a center does't seem to make sense.

Trading Smith? He's the #2 player on the team and a budding superstar, can't see trading him either

The piece that I thought would make sense to move would be Bibby, but with Law playing so poorly how can we even entertain trading Bibby for a center?

In all, I just don't see any pieces that make sense to move right now that would get us back that missing big man.

Some minor moves coud be made, like Evans for some 3rd tier center, but does that really make sense either?

gsu has a point. I've heard since Thabeet came onto the scene how much we "needed" him. I've heard it from other fan bases too. If teams "needed" this guy so badly he'd come out. Simple economics, high demand, low supply, high price. If GMs were as convinced as fans that Thabeet was for real, he'd be a top 5 pick.

What we "need" is a capable frontcourt backup who can come in, rebound on D, alter some shots (doesn't have to be a 2 block per game guy) and play some physical D in the post. Kwame would have been perfect but there are other guys out there as well. Its hard to judge your needs though, when one of your most important players goes out. Imagine if Joe went out, would everyone on this board be saying we "need" to trade for Mike Redd or something?

Lets see if Thabeet can keep up the double digit rebounding for the season or if he goes back to being mediocre. Deke was more than just a shotblocker, Thabeet hasn't shown that yet and a big game agaisnt W. Carolina doesn't change that.

Edited by crimedog

Thabeet looked like garbage for the most part last year. Dude is 7'3" yet he can't dominate any aspect of the game.

Remember he declared last year and pulled out.

4.5 blocks last year isn't dominating? And he improved his rebounding this year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

• Moderators

Thabeet has always been a dominant shotblocker -- and that is it. Let's see him in Big East competition before judging. He may have really developed or he may be beating up on some inferior competition to start the season. Somehow I doubt Western Carolina is sporting athletic big men.

4.5 blocks last year isn't dominating? And he improved his rebounding this year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

He's played 2 games, one of them was a big rebounding game against W. Carolina. If you were to take two of Al's games, OKC and Chi, and use those to judge what he can and can't do he'd be looked at as a 17.5-14.5-5.5-2.5 player and we could say that he's improved everything across the board and was almost 6 times better as a shotblocker than last season.

Thats not how it works though. Thabeet has to prove that he can do more than shotblock for more than one game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him come off the bench, but as of now he's a lot more Theo Ratliff than he is Dikembe Mutombo.

Thabeet is garbage.

Next!

How about an athletic 7', 260 pound Russian who plays D?

More than just a 7-footer with an NBA body, though, Kravtsov possesses outstanding athleticism on top of that to complete a very intriguing physical profile. He runs the floor extremely well, moves laterally quickly and fluidly, and is absolutely explosive around the basket, looking capable of tearing down the rim every time he goes up to finish. He’s also quick off his feet to contest or block shots, giving him virtually everything you could ask for physically from a player his size.

Skill-wise, Kravtsov still has a ways to go to catch up with the tools he possesses. There are two things he does very well, though, which allows him to remain a pretty productive big man considering his age, Kyiv’s deep rotation, and the level of competition they play at. Those would be his shot-blocking skills, and his ability to finish around the basket.

The defensive end of the floor is probably where Kravtsov will always be most interesting, surely as far as the NBA is concerned. Looking beyond his size, frame, and athleticism, he also has pretty good instincts as well, particularly regarding his shot-blocking ability. Kravtsov gets low in a fundamental defensive stance guarding his man in the post, doing a great job following the ball, bodying up his matchup, and giving him very little space to operate. He has excellent lateral quickness sliding around to keep up with slashing guards or pivoting big men in the paint, and is quick off his feet and challenge a shot, coming up regularly with blocks both on-ball and from the weakside, with impressive timing. He did a terrific job on Mario Austin in both games Kyiv played Benetton, giving him fits around the basket. As a rebounder he also does an excellent job, pulling down nearly 6 boards a game in just over 17 minutes.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Slava-Kravtsov-5044/

Thabeet is garbage.

Next!

That dude is far from garbage but he is a sure fire top 5 pick so it doesn't matter. He already has a better offensive game than AL. The thing I like about him is his FT touch and pct. He has already gone to the line 20 times, I think he will have a huge break out season.

We need to trade for a top 10 or 5 draft pick. With him we are a championsip squad. He is the second coming of a young Dikembe.

We are too good to get a pick that high now unfortunately. We are in that in between phase where we are too good to get a pick that good but not yet ready to contend for a title.

I don't think we are stuck there though because we have a lot of guys with potential to progress

Edited by BusBoyIsBack