• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin 3 point contest?

DrReality

HAWKS REPORT

By Sekou Smith

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, December 04, 2008

> THE 3-POINT SHOW: The invitations won’t go out for at least a month or so, but if Hawks forward Marvin Williams gets an offer to participate in the 3-point shooting contest during All-Star Weekend he’ll gladly accept.

After making just one of his 10 3-point attempts from a year go, Williams is one of the top 10 3-point shooters in the NBA —- he’s tied for ninth at .474, while teammate Mo Evans leads the team and ranks fourth at .500.

“Without a doubt I’d accept,” Williams said before the Hawks faced the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night at Philips Arena. “You go out there and make them all or you miss them all. Either way, that would have to be the experience of a lifetime.”

Williams would have the ideal coach if he does make it into the field. He has been working overtime this season with Hawks shooting consultant Mark Price. They do a drill at the end of practice that is like the 3-point shooting contest but without the ball racks.

“Yeah, that’s a little different than what we do because those guys [in the 3-point shooting contest] look winded after every round,” Williams said. “But the practice would get me ready, and I’d go out there and give it everything I’ve got.”

> WELCOME BACK: In his first game after missing 12 straight, forward Josh Smith had four assists, three points and two steals in his first six minutes of action in nearly a month. He went down in the first quarter of a Nov. 7 win over Toronto with a high ankle sprain. Smith finished with 14 points, six rebounds, five assists, two steals, and a blocked shot in 28 closely monitored minutes.

Hawks coach Mike Woodson said he’ll monitor Smith’s minutes until he returns to form.

> BIBBY, C-WEBB REUNITED: Hawks point guard Mike Bibby will be reunited with his former Sacramento Kings teammate Chris Webber as a studio guest during tonight’s TNT NBA coverage. Bibby and Webber, now an analyst with the network, played together on powerhouse Kings teams that routinely played deep into the Western Conference playoffs.

I was comin here to post that too!

It´s definitely gotta be Marvin or Mo (or maybe even Joe).

We lead the league in 3P%, so someone is gonna get a spot in the contest.

What a turnaround that would be for Marvin.... from a non-existent 3P shooter, to competing in the 3P contest. Crazy.

Anyone wanna bump that thread about who will have a higher % this season, Smoove or Marvin. Its pretty comical now.

Actually i think Bibby would be more likely to go. He is taking nearly 6 three point attempts per game and shooting 45%. It doesn't get much better than that.

Yeah youre right, it probably will end up being Bibby (considering he has the biggest name out of him, Marv and Mo). Prolly Bibby or Joe.

• Premium Member
Actually i think Bibby would be more likely to go. He is taking nearly 6 three point attempts per game and shooting 45%. It doesn't get much better than that.

I think Marv may be the better choice due to his quick release. But Mo, Bibby, Joe, and Marv have been downright DEADLY in game situations. I'm really liking the three ball this season!

I was comin here to post that too!

It´s definitely gotta be Marvin or Mo (or maybe even Joe).

We lead the league in 3P%, so someone is gonna get a spot in the contest.

What a turnaround that would be for Marvin.... from a non-existent 3P shooter, to competing in the 3P contest. Crazy.

Anyone wanna bump that thread about who will have a higher % this season, Smoove or Marvin. Its pretty comical now.

The fact that his name is even being discussed for the 3 pt shoot out is a testament to how hard he must have worked on his game this summer. He always showed flashes of talent but he was young and needed time to mature and develop. He is playing consistently good basketball right now. He was a big +30 in the game last night which illustrates just how much of an impact he is having this year.

One thing I think would hurt Marv in a 3pt contest is how high he jumps when he shoots from long distance. Joe and Bibby don't put as much into the jump part of the jump shot. marv would wear himself out quickly.

I don't think he should NEED to jump as much as he does with his height, but right now that's the only shot I've seen from him.

If Joe got hot in one of those contests it would be lights out.

• Premium Member
One thing I think would hurt Marv in a 3pt contest is how high he jumps when he shoots from long distance. Joe and Bibby don't put as much into the jump part of the jump shot. marv would wear himself out quickly.

I don't think he should NEED to jump as much as he does with his height, but right now that's the only shot I've seen from him.

If Joe got hot in one of those contests it would be lights out.

That's true, but speed is also the name of the game in the 3pt contest and Marv has the quickest release. His legs would wear out a little, but I get the feeling that Marv could shoot the 3 without having to elevate so much in a non-game situation.

> BIBBY, C-WEBB REUNITED: Hawks point guard Mike Bibby will be reunited with his former Sacramento Kings teammate Chris Webber as a studio guest during tonight’s TNT NBA coverage. Bibby and Webber, now an analyst with the network, played together on powerhouse Kings teams that routinely played deep into the Western Conference playoffs.

Bibby a studio guest? I wonder when he's going to be on? I hope it's not early because I won't be home until around 9:00 or so. I really want to see that because I want to hear what the TNT guys have to say.

HAWKS REPORT

By Sekou Smith

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, December 04, 2008

> THE 3-POINT SHOW: The invitations won’t go out for at least a month or so, but if Hawks forward Marvin Williams gets an offer to participate in the 3-point shooting contest during All-Star Weekend he’ll gladly accept.

After making just one of his 10 3-point attempts from a year go, Williams is one of the top 10 3-point shooters in the NBA —- he’s tied for ninth at .474, while teammate Mo Evans leads the team and ranks fourth at .500.

“Without a doubt I’d accept,” Williams said before the Hawks faced the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night at Philips Arena. “You go out there and make them all or you miss them all. Either way, that would have to be the experience of a lifetime.”

Williams would have the ideal coach if he does make it into the field. He has been working overtime this season with Hawks shooting consultant Mark Price. They do a drill at the end of practice that is like the 3-point shooting contest but without the ball racks.

“Yeah, that’s a little different than what we do because those guys [in the 3-point shooting contest] look winded after every round,” Williams said. “But the practice would get me ready, and I’d go out there and give it everything I’ve got.”

> WELCOME BACK: In his first game after missing 12 straight, forward Josh Smith had four assists, three points and two steals in his first six minutes of action in nearly a month. He went down in the first quarter of a Nov. 7 win over Toronto with a high ankle sprain. Smith finished with 14 points, six rebounds, five assists, two steals, and a blocked shot in 28 closely monitored minutes.

Hawks coach Mike Woodson said he’ll monitor Smith’s minutes until he returns to form.

that would be awesome to have Marvin in the all star game...what a complete turn around that would be huh..from a non 3 point shooter to one of the best! lol but i really think Bibby is the best 3 point shooter we have..he makes the most and his shot just looks the nicest too lol

Bibby a studio guest? I wonder when he's going to be on? I hope it's not early because I won't be home until around 9:00 or so. I really want to see that because I want to hear what the TNT guys have to say.

yea me too..i wanna see Bibby one there with those guys especially Charles Barkley lol

I think Marv may be the better choice due to his quick release. But Mo, Bibby, Joe, and Marv have been downright DEADLY in game situations. I'm really liking the three ball this season!

Bibby is the one with the quick release,not Marvin.