• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suggestion post for Woody

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Four from me:

1. Send Josh to the locker room the next time he jacks an ill-advised 3.
  2. Get Josh to pass the ball to a guard while in transition.
  3. Get one Mr. Ronald "Flip" Murray to play team ball. I can't count how many times (while at PG) he's taken the ball down court and hoisted up a shot without anyone else touching the ball.
  4. Get Mike Bibby to realize that he's not paid to pop cute little 3-pt shots all night. He must understand that it’s his job as PG to get players (other than JJ) easier shots by penetrating the defense.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Three from me:

1. Send Josh to the locker room the next time he jacks an ill-advised 3.
  2. Get Josh to pass the ball to a guard while in transition.
  3. Get one Mr. Ronald "Flip" Murray to play team ball. I can’t count how many times (while at PG) he’s taken the ball down court hoisted up a shoot without anyone else touching the ball.

Considering these have been issues with these players their whole careers, I don't think Woodson has the coaching cache to change them. If we had Larry Brown, Greg Popovich, Jerry Sloan, or Phil Jackson, then yeah, that would happen. As is, I don't think the guys respect Woody enough to listen to him and get their respective games under control.

• Moderators

I don't understand what makes 3 pointers 'cute little' shots. You do realize they are the longest shots and worth more points than regular smaller shots.

Bibby has made more 3 pointers than anyone on the team and has the second best percentage on the team (.436).

I don't understand what makes 3 pointers 'cute little' shots. You do realize they are the longest shots and worth more points than regular smaller shots.

Bibby has made more 3 pointers than anyone on the team and has the second best percentage on the team (.436).

I agree that Bibby shooting 3s is part of his game and it spreads the floor. Rhino added that part about Bibby after I made my initial response.

• Premium Member
I agree that Bibby shooting 3s is part of his game and it spreads the floor. Rhino added that part about Bibby after I made my initial response.

I'll admit to being a little unreasonable with Bibby's game. I seriously doubt if asked to penetrate more that he could do it. At this stage of his career he's probably best served being a jump shooter but Woody could give Acie more meaningful minutes to offset Bibby's lack of aggressiveness.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

As mentioned on the other thread, IMO the first step should not be to yank Smith from the floor when he shoots a three. The first step should be revising the offensive "system" that Woodson has in place so that Smith is spending his time inside the 3pt arc and doesn't have the temptation to launch 3's. Let Marvin, JJ and Bibby spread the defense by roaming outside the arc and let Horford and Smith work off eachother inside. Both are "plus" passers for interior players.

As mentioned on the other thread, IMO the first step should not be to yank Smith from the floor when he shoots a three. The first step should be revising the offensive "system" that Woodson has in place so that Smith is spending his time inside the 3pt arc and doesn't have the temptation to launch 3's. Let Marvin, JJ and Bibby spread the defense by roaming outside the arc and let Horford and Smith work off eachother inside. Both are "plus" passers for interior players.

Plus there are more offensive rebounds opportunity for Josh if he is closer to the basket.

Seems more constructive to try to play to your players strengths than to hope that they can conform to a system that exploits their weaknesses.

1) When we play Boston on Wednesday night, show the type of emotion in that game, that you did during our playoff run. Do that "He-man . . . I have the power" double fist pump when the crowd gets hype over a great play, forcing Boston to call timeout.

2) Put the "Salim Rules" on Flip. If he commits 2 turnovers before he makes 2 shots, sit him down. If he hits 2 of his first 3 shots, give him extended minutes. But keep the green light for him to shoot . . ON. Do not try to limit him to playing a PG role, when his role is to be an instant offense type player.

3) Tell Smoove to only shoot 3 pointers, when he's at the top of the 3-point arc. Otherwise, take it to the basket or look to pass to an open man.

4) Tell Zaza to stop missing easy shots on the inside, just so he can pad his rebounding numbers.

5) Tell Solo to quit fouling so much. He's averaging 7.4 fouls per 48 minutes. Amongst the guys that play at least 10 minutes per game, that's 12th most in the league.

Other than that, you're doing a great job Woody. Keep it up!!

• Premium Member
1) When we play Boston on Wednesday night, show the type of emotion in that game, that you did during our playoff run. Do that "He-man . . . I have the power" double fist pump when the crowd gets hype over a great play, forcing Boston to call timeout.

2) Put the "Salim Rules" on Flip. If he commits 2 turnovers before he makes 2 shots, sit him down. If he hits 2 of his first 3 shots, give him extended minutes. But keep the green light for him to shoot . . ON. Do not try to limit him to playing a PG role, when his role is to be an instant offense type player.

3) Tell Smoove to only shoot 3 pointers, when he's at the top of the 3-point arc. Otherwise, take it to the basket or look to pass to an open man.

4) Tell Zaza to stop missing easy shots on the inside, just so he can pad his rebounding numbers.

5) Tell Solo to quit fouling so much. He's averaging 7.4 fouls per 48 minutes. Amongst the guys that play at least 10 minutes per game, that's 12th most in the league.

Other than that, you're doing a great job Woody. Keep it up!!

I wish Woody was more demonstrative after no calls. Sometime it's good to take a "T" early to let then refs know what's up. Go all ABM on those fools Woody. :smile:

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Run, baby, run.

Speed kills.

Rotate players in and out. Keep fresh players on the court at all times. Don't

be afraid to push. Move the ball around. Make sure players move without

the ball.

Speed doesn't necessarily mean just fast break or the quick shot. Speed means

that there's none of this "Just stand there and see what happens."

Still water runs deep. No, it doesn't. It's stagnant. Don't become stagnant

on offense. Move the ball around. Move the players around. Keep fresh

players on the floor.

Hawks are too young and full of energy to "Sleep Walk" at any point in any game.

Move it! Move it! Move it!