• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI.com--Nash to Hawks?

Swish

Doubt the Suns drop Nash for just an expiring, especially when they have no other point guards on the roster.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd bust one if that happened.

LOL, I didn't mean to get y'all's hopes up, it was an interesting blurb though.

I'd run into the streets shirtless and scream if we got Nash for that package.

We'd probably be able to give them the closest thing to Nash in return but I'm not overly excited about an aging PG with a bad back.

Edit - According to Sham Sports, Nash's deal is not guaranteed next year and I don't know what makes it guaranteed but if this were a 1 season rental that would make me a little more interested in trading for him but it would depend on the pick. I don't think it would be wise to give away a 1st for Nash at this point in his career.

Agreed about the first rounder. Wonder if he would be a better turor for Acie?? What are his numbers this year?

The Suns seem to be in a free fall.

He's having a solid year with 15 ppg and 8.5 apg but that's down from 17/11 of just last year. He will be 34 in February and this may be the year that he really starts to break down. Then again maybe it's losing D'Antoni or some other reason that his numbers are down, but with his back and his age I would definitely have some reservations about trading for him.

• Premium Member
He's having a solid year with 15 ppg and 8.5 apg but that's down from 17/11 of just last year. He will be 34 in February and this may be the year that he really starts to break down. Then again maybe it's losing D'Antoni or some other reason that his numbers are down, but with his back and his age I would definitely have some reservations about trading for him.

I know this might not be a popular view, but I'm thinking Marbury will be a STEAL if/when he gets let go by NY. He'll be cheap and eager to prove his doubters wrong. Like I said, I know that I'll get flamed for this but the guy has skills. If his head is right after all of the negative press, he would be a bargain for little to nothing given up on our part. But then there's that issue of chemistry... :doh:

We'd probably be able to give them the closest thing to Nash in return but I'm not overly excited about an aging PG with a bad back.

Edit - According to Sham Sports, Nash's deal is not guaranteed next year and I don't know what makes it guaranteed but if this were a 1 season rental that would make me a little more interested in trading for him but it would depend on the pick. I don't think it would be wise to give away a 1st for Nash at this point in his career.

I agree.

I know this might not be a popular view, but I'm thinking Marbury will be a STEAL if/when he gets let go by NY. He'll be cheap and eager to prove his doubters wrong. Like I said, I know that I'll get flamed for this but the guy has skills. If his head is right after all of the negative press, he would be a bargain for little to nothing given up on our part. But then there's that issue of chemistry... :doh:

While I think the Marbury situation is overblown in the media, I still wouldn't want him on this team. If we're going to have a scoring point guard, I'd rather have Bibby than Marbury just from a chemistry perspective.

i dunno i think marbury could be a steal too. people forget that he was up there as one of the best pgs in the league. and i think hed like being in atlanta, he played right down the road at ga tech in college.

Marbury is from New York,he made a 1 year pit stop at Ga Tech,he has no ties here.

I would love to do that deal if Woody would let them run...if not then i don't really see the point.

Don't forget the first rounder will probably be in the 20's...

lol Marbury I don't want that cancer near this team.

u could just run with Acie then,it's that simple. No matter what Woody aint changing his dumb ways.we're not running with Woody here,especially with Joe here too

Nash is one of my favorites of all time, but I say no thanks to that. Bibby is doing great and it's clear that he fits in nicely with our team.

Nash would give us even worse D, and marginally better offensive production. He won't be the same player under Woody, and as good as he'd make Smith and Joe, I just don't think it's worth it.

We'll probably need that 1st anyway to get another young big. I just see Nash for Bibby a lateral move right now, given Nash's contract status and fading defense.....which was already pretty nonexistent before the injuries.

I don't see the need to make any moves, personally.