• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks vs. Hawks Game Thread

buckeye242424

I hope that we win and it wouldn't surprise me if we won, but the Bucks match up with us well and they got done throttling the Mavericks by 34 points so it wouldn't surprise me if we lost either. The good news is that we're at home and they're missing Bogut so that will help to make up for us missing Horford.

Until either Horford or MW are playing, I have no idea what to expect from the Hawks. I really thought they'd loose in Chicago. They had every excuse to loose that game, but pulled it out. If I was a gambler, there is no way I would touch a Hawk game until the team gets healthy.

Nonetheless, I will be glued to the TV watching the hometown heros fight the Bucks.

Somethings I'd like to see tonight:

Get out to a good start. They did that in Chicago and blew it, but it still put Chicago in catch up mode early.

Zaza hit the boards and block your man out. Stop worrying about everyone elses man and just put a body on Gadzurick or whomever is playing Center.

Josh Smith keep up the intensity and better decision making. Keep driving that lane as well.

JJ get back on track.

Some burn for Morris. The Hawks just need to figure out what to do with him. Give him 10-12 tonight and if he doesn't start cutting it, cut bait with him.

I'll be at this game and the Suns game on Sunday night as well, so I guess I'll have a pretty good view of what the shorthanded Hawks have to offer...

I really don't know what to expect. The Bucks have been playing some good basketball lately, but at the same time, our guys have definitely risen to the occasion while missing players. Once again, it'll take one of our starters having a huge night for us to win, IMO. Smoove also needs to continue playing smart basketball. He's been playing very nicely as of late, and that's been a big help as well.

per 680 Horford and Williams likely out again tonight.

I wondered why Marvin didn't return in the GS game. He koncked his noggin but when they said he went to the hospital I was suprised.

Seems like he's still having dizzy spells.

Concusions are a b*tch to deal with. I gave myself one a couple of summers ago when I wrecked twice in a bike race. Both times fell head first into the pavement. Took a few weeks for me to feel "normal" again.

Bogut appears to be out again tonight. That's good news for us...considering he averages 10 boards a game and that has been our achilles heel lately, rebounding.

I think tonight's key matchup will be between Mo Evans and whoever he guards between Jefferson and Redd. I think Mo's man to man D is WAY overrated but if he can keep his man from going off, I think we'll win this game. I hope I'm wrong but I think we are REALLY going to miss Marvin tonight.

I think tonight's key matchup will be between Mo Evans and whoever he guards between Jefferson and Redd. I think Mo's man to man D is WAY overrated but if he can keep his man from going off, I think we'll win this game. I hope I'm wrong but I think we are REALLY going to miss Marvin tonight.

I think the key is whether Charlie V. is playing well for the Bucks or not. He is capable of having huge games and then disappearing completely, so they are a different team depending on which guy shows up.

Just getting back in from the game...and that was fantastic. I had a freaking blast. I'm really kind of shocked that we seriously destroyed the Bucks while Joe probably had the worst game he's played in years. If you had told me a couple of years ago that Joe would have as terrible of a night that he did and the spread was 30 points, I'd think that it was in favor of the other team. But everybody else stepped up. Bibby had a great game once again. He has been playing out of his mind, and we need to ride that as long as we can. Flip had a great game as well, he got a standing O from the few folks that stayed around until the game was over. It was cool to see West, Gardner, Hunter, & the rest of the bench actually get in some time. It looked like Milwaukee gave up around halfway through the 4th.

Overall, it was a blast, and I definitely picked a good time to go to my first game of the year. Hopefully we have the same result when I go on Sunday.

Wow! Everyone got to play tonight. Not a single dnp-coaches decision.

Starters got the 4th quarter off. 1st. time ever, for Woody? I believe

that it is. Zaza had as many points as JJ!

Winning the last two games with two starters out and missing one

tonight, kinda gives us hope for our bench players, doesn't it. Who

said, by his actions, that they weren't capable of doing what they

have just now done?

Josh now looks like Josh is supposed to look like. Yea! Bibby, handing

out those assists like the so called "pure" point guard. Way to go!

Side note: NBA League Pass Broadband now has blacked out the last

six Hawks games for me. I paid. They will not deliver. It sucks!

:no-no:

• Premium Member

Hawks are clearly one of the best teams in the NBA. They may not show up every night but when they do....