• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson needs to be traded.

Plainview1981

Joe needs to shoot the ball better no question, but if we were to get rid of him I feel everyone would quickly regret it. I don't think there's anybody we could realistically replace him with that would make this team better. We need improvements from his supporting cast (not necessarily new players, just for the current ones to play better) and Woodson doesn't help matters with his "offense."

If Josh can build on his success this month and make it a habit you'll undoubtedly see Joe's percentages go up. Unless there's something truly wrong with his health.

People need to realize that more is asked of Joe than just about everyone in the NBA. The only players I could confidently say would do better are future Hall of Famers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you going to actually propose a trade, one that legitimately makes us better, or are you just going to continue to stay silent on the subject? After 5 pages, I'll just take your silence as acknowledgement that you can't think of a legit proposal, and that you just wanted to vent. I mean, it's fine if you have issue with his play, you can say whatever you want, but if you make a post suggesting that we trade JJ and can't even end it with a viable trade proposal, then you might as well have titled this topic, "I don't like JJ." Trust me, you'll still get your 5+ pages of replies.

Don't get me wrong, I too am disappointed with his play as of late, but without his solid play the first two months of the season, we're not relevant. I even sat here, trying to think of trade proposals that would work and actually make us better, and I can't really think of one. Maybe trade him for expirings, start over, tank the rest of the season, and hope for James Harden? :white flag:

It's not all JJ's fault. If the team had drafted somebody else (We all know who) instead of a bust like Marvin Williams we wouldn't have to worry about it. Wait, we might still have too.... Because Woody is the coach. The bottom line is that perhaps the Hawks are just rotten from start to finish. Their fate is to accomplish nothing as long as the poor ownership and Woody are in place. I believe this team will go nowhere of importance until a player better than JJ is on the team. Maybe the Hawk are stuck with the 2nd or 3rd option, but then somebody else needs to be traded in order to bring a better player in. Boozer would be a good addition.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

BTW - My philosophy on trading is that typically the guy getting the best player wins. I take quality over quantity in the NBA.

Thats my stance too.

JJ is a Tier 2 star IMO.

So really, the only thing that will might make us better is something like...

JJ and Marvin for Durant or Melo.

Basically a 2-for-1 that nets us someone who has true superstar potential.

(btw, Id do the Durant one but not the Melo one).

Thats my stance too.

JJ is a Tier 2 star IMO.

So really, the only thing that will might make us better is something like...

JJ and Marvin for Durant or Melo.

Basically a 2-for-1 that nets us someone who has true superstar potential.

(btw, Id do the Durant one but not the Melo one).

You've got to be kidding. I'd take JJ over both of those two. They are not "tier 2" players like Deron, Paul, Kobe, LB, Wade, ect.

You've got to be kidding. I'd take JJ over both of those two. They are not "tier 2" players like Deron, Paul, Kobe, LB, Wade, ect.

I agree with you in the case of Melo.

Durant is a different case. I honestly think he will be a top 10 player for 7-8 years.

As a 20-year-old in his sophmore season, his numbers are:

24.5 and 6.5

on 47% shooting, 42% from 3p.

How good will he be in 2-3 years when he starts peaking??

Thats the type of guy that can win you a championship.