• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson needs to be traded.

Plainview1981

• Premium Member

Nobody other than crimedog will propose a joe trade?

What about new guy from Benhill?

What about Trill the thrill?

What about Hots?

What about absent Mr. H?

All of you guys want to trade Joe, but nobody has a trade for Joe?

figures.

If you just wants something frivolous to argue... say so.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Johnson has some big flaws in his game

If Joe has BIG flaws in his game then there are a lot of really sucky players on this team and in this league. He has shooting range to mid-court, excellent ball-handling, good passer, very good defender, good ability to get to the basket. Not to mention he has great size and strength for a two and is a great teammate who rarely misses a game. He's never claimed to be Kobe or Lebron. He's not going to carry us every night. That doesn't mean he's not the star of our team or needs to be traded. How many teams have a player better than Joe Johnson?

If Joe has BIG flaws in his game then there are a lot of really sucky players on this team and in this league. He has shooting range to mid-court, excellent ball-handling, good passer, very good defender, good ability to get to the basket. Not to mention he has great size and strength for a two and is a great teammate who rarely misses a game. He's never claimed to be Kobe or Lebron. He's not going to carry us every night. That doesn't mean he's not the star of our team or needs to be traded. How many teams have a player better than Joe Johnson?

Well said. I think it is pretty obvious that JJ has not played well in January. Period. We can all speculate regarding the reasons why (too many minutes, asked to do too much, injured, bored in the middle of a long season etc) but the truth is he simply has not played well in January. It has probably ben his worst month as a Hawk. That said, not only would I be "upset" if we traded JJ, I would be FURIOUS!

There is no player out there that we could realistically get in trade for JJ who would have NEAR the impact that he does on this team. We are NOT getting LeBron, Kobe, D Wade, Paul or Howard for JJ and even if we could get a young gun like Durant or Jefferson (doubtful), neither of those guys are win now guys with this team.

Bottom line, JJ is a perennial All Star who has just entered the prime of his career. He is going to be really good for a long time and we are damn lucky to have him. My only concern about his bad month is that I feel Woody playing him too many minutes every night is limiting his effectiveness. Limit him to 38 minutes per night max for a month and see how much his production improves. I think it would be dramatic.

JJ is a warrior and he will fight through this slump just as he did last year. It sure would be nice if his coach would help him do so by limiting his minutes to keep him as fresh as possible. Only Woody plays a guy 44 minutes on the first night of a home/road back to back. JJ will play hard tonight but will he have anything left in the tank in the 2nd half?

who missed that layup in the 4th really?

joe is really bad finishing around the basket. the guy is 240 pounds. charles barkley was around 240 when he was with the sixers i think. still, that's the only weakness from joe.

i rather see a coaching change before any trade

Charles Barkley hasn't seen 240 lbs since like the 4th grade. :biggrin:

Seriously, the Chuckster was listed at 6'6" 252 for most of his career but he was really around 6'4" 265 most of the time. In college, he was over 300 lbs at times. Still, Charles was a FAR better leaper than JJ and as strong as JJ is, his strength pales in comparison to Barkley's.

Nobody other than crimedog will propose a joe trade?

What about new guy from Benhill?

What about Trill the thrill?

What about Hots?

All of you guys want to trade Joe, but nobody has a trade for Joe?

figures.

If you just wants something frivolous to argue... say so.

Don't hold your breath. It is funny how short people's memories can be. Sure JJ has had a bad month. But it was just last month that he averaged 24 ppg shooting 47%. Acting like this is normal for JJ is a joke.

This is probably the worst month he has ever had as a Hawk an people want to use this as a reason to trade JJ?

:nono:

britney5.jpg

Come on man. This is ridiculous. Joe Johnson is probably the second best player to ever suit up for the Atlanta Hawks. The man had 13 assists. We didn't lose because of Joe. We lost because Bibby was off and Woody didn't play Flip at the end like he should have. I swear, it's dumb post like this that give Atlanta fans a bad name.

He shot horrible again. Missed easy layups. Yes, they did lose last nights game because of him. He's supposed to step up... Kind of like what Wade did tonight anytime the Hawks got within 10 points. Joe isn't that great. Face it. I'll admit though, it's not is fault they passed over Chris Paul for the mediocrity known as Marvin Williams.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was about to post this, too. Woodson overworks JJ every year. Every year, JJ wears down and his effectiveness declines. He gets hurt or gets some rest and he perks back up. When Abraham got rest for the Falcons this year, his effectiveness increased. It is the same with JJ. He needs some rest and now we have SG who can fill in for him with some production in Flip. I don't know why this amounts to a zero reduction in JJ's minutes, though. Oh, right, it is because Flip is a true PG and that is his only role with the team. Sigh.

Kevin Durant plays 39MPG and he's still having a better season than Joe. Caron Bulter plays over 38MPG....Bosh plays 38MPG....Wade plays 38MPG.... JJ has been struggling since that 2nd Boston game. JJ was struggling early in the season before the games and minutes started to pile up.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Don't hold your breath. It is funny how short people's memories can be. Sure JJ has had a bad month. But it was just last month that he averaged 24 ppg shooting 47%. Acting like this is normal for JJ is a joke.

This is probably the worst month he has ever had as a Hawk an people want to use this as a reason to trade JJ?

:nono:

Stats can indeed lie. Last month he still had plenty of game bad games and in the good shooting games it was his 3 minute offense.

Yeah, smart idea. Trade Joe. Trade the best player on a team that has sucked for a decade and now are 26-17, 4th best in the East. Great thinking. Let's trade our most important piece....brilliant!

First of all, 26-18 is not that good. The mediocrity of the NBA makes it look better than it actually is. The Hawks aren't going to be 4th in the east much longer. They can't beat anybody worth a crap unless that team has key players out. Seriously, who have they beaten since Denver? Anybody of note? Anyone? Yeah, the Clippers (missing 3 starters) The Bucks. Teams below the Hawks like Miami and Philly are starting to run the Hawks off the floor. The Hawks are going nowhere. In the end, they will have accomplished very little this season. They'll likely be down to 6th seed and people will be saying: Well, it's 2 seeds better than last year.

But who gives a crap. It's still not that good. They just got whipped by Philly at home and lost to a team that had just got blown out by the Bobcats. So that home field advantage is slipping also.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Stats can indeed lie. Last month he still had plenty of game bad games and in the good shooting games it was his 3 minute offense.

Other players have bad games too. Wade had a bad night the last time we played them.

So where is that JJ trade proposal? You start a thread about trading JJ but you don't make any trade proposals regarding JJ.

sucks8.jpg

Other players have bad games too. Wade had a bad night the last time we played them.

So where is that JJ trade proposal? You start a thread about trading JJ but you don't make any trade proposals regarding JJ.

You should be pooping on this team. 27 points in a half? What kind of professional team does this? Wait, they don't care. They got Jay Z on the ipod and the big paycheck. It's not like these players care about anything else.

JJ has bad offense games almost every single game now. It doesn't matter what trade I might propose. You will either say I can't expect that much since I don't view JJ highly, or it's not enough. Or something. I know how the game works. I'd take Boozer over JJ.

sucks8.jpg

Show me a goto guy not named Kobe, Wade, or Lebron??? You just named Caron Butler, Chris Bosh, Kevin Durant, What are their teams' records???? Are any of the three on a team that has a better record than the Hawks?? Now you are going to start throwing off on Steve Smith. Seriously why do you even watch?

First of all, 26-18 is not that good. The mediocrity of the NBA makes it look better than it actually is. The Hawks aren't going to be 4th in the east much longer. They can't beat anybody worth a crap unless that team has key players out. Seriously, who have they beaten since Denver? Anybody of note? Anyone? Yeah, the Clippers (missing 3 starters) The Bucks. Teams below the Hawks like Miami and Philly are starting to run the Hawks off the floor. The Hawks are going nowhere. In the end, they will have accomplished very little this season. They'll likely be down to 6th seed and people will be saying: Well, it's 2 seeds better than last year.

But who gives a crap. It's still not that good. They just got whipped by Philly at home and lost to a team that had just got blown out by the Bobcats. So that home field advantage is slipping also.

Well, they Hawks also have key starters out for a good stretch. And one is still out.