• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Would You Rather Face in the 1st Round?

BusBoyIsBack

All three of those teams are tied right now for the 5th seed.

First of all, obviously I hope we keep the 4 seed more than anything because Home Field Advantage is key for this team making the 2nd round.

But with the Pistons falling off a little bit, the team I assumed we would play in that 1st round, I started to wonder, do I want them to fall and play someone else?

Who would you guys want to face?

• Premium Member
All three of those teams are tied right now for the 5th seed.

First of all, obviously I hope we keep the 4 seed more than anything because Home Field Advantage is key for this team making the 2nd round.

But with the Pistons falling off a little bit, the team I assumed we would play in that 1st round, I started to wonder, do I want them to fall and play someone else?

Who would you guys want to face?

I know what team the Hawks don't want: NJ Nets

:sad:

Anyone but:

The 76ers or the NJ Nets.

The 76ers are rolling. They would be a hard opponent for the Hawks.

Plus, they may be able to overtake Atlanta and grab the 4th seed.

That would give the home court edge to them, Not good.

The Nets seem to have the Hawks number this season. They aren't

a great team, that is, until they see a Hawk uniform. Then, they bo

balistic. Stay away from them.

:no-no:

Yeah, I would say Miami but Wade can single handedly win games, and with the ridiculous calls that refs give him it would be extremely tough to stop him.

I think we match up with Detroit well, they can't compete with us athletically with their best players.

I wouldn't mind facing Philly either but if they are hitting jumpshots they are extremely tough to beat.

Probably Detroit with Philly a close 2nd. Although I honestly think we could and should beat all 3.

Philly scares me the most. They are the best defensive team of that bunch and will be a tough match up for whoever draws them. Especially w/ that Speights kid playing so well. We would struggle against any team w/ that much depth at center. Also, they're just as athletic as us so that takes away our best advantage.

While Miami looks tough recently, they don't scare me as much as Philly. That could drastically change after the trade deadline though.

Honestly, Detroit scares me the least. I'll be shocked if they finish the season in the 5th spot.

Edited by DChawk

Well I'd say Detroit because they don't look very good right now... but for that reason we probably won't play them. For the same reason I'd least like to play Philly because they are playing well which means we are most likely to play them... we need to watch out so they don't pass us on our roadie actually.

Detroit. I don't wanna hear about how "they will turn it up in the playoffs." Detroit is getting old, their coaching is bad, and A.I. has had a negative effect on their team. I'd definitely want Detroit, then Philly, and Miami last. I want no part of D-Whistle in the playoffs when the officiating gets worse.

Edited by LOL_Hawks

I'd go with the Pistons especially after holding them off Wednesday night. Woodson may for once have an advantage with Curry on the other end, despite the Pistons experience. I wanted to get seperation from Detroit but I didn't want them to decline that bad, lol.

I'll mix things up and say Miami. I think we could beat Detroit, but Miami, like us, lacks a true center. Horford is very good against teams where he can match-up in terms of size, and Miami plays Haslem at center when they're not trying to force Magloire in. And it goes down from there- I believe we have the advantage at every position except SG.

Now, Wade would cause problems, and Mario Chalmers definitely falls into that rather broad category of PGs that Mike Bibby can't defend, but Dwayne Wade isn't a shooter, and we'd actually have a rather big advantage in terms of floor spacing and knocking down threes against them. Being able to make threes during the fourth quarter is the great equalizer, and the only place they really can go to for that is Daequan Cook, who is weak in every other aspect of the game.

If Josh Smith plays in the playoffs the way he played against Boston last year, he should be able to just go out and dominate anyone that Miami tries to use to guard him. And Horford should have some nice games as well-Marvin could probably will be able to score almost at will when he's not guarded by Marion...basically, they might not even need JJ on the offensive end against the Heat.

I'll mix things up and say Miami. I think we could beat Detroit, but Miami, like us, lacks a true center. Horford is very good against teams where he can match-up in terms of size, and Miami plays Haslem at center when they're not trying to force Magloire in. And it goes down from there- I believe we have the advantage at every position except SG.

Now, Wade would cause problems, and Mario Chalmers definitely falls into that rather broad category of PGs that Mike Bibby can't defend, but Dwayne Wade isn't a shooter, and we'd actually have a rather big advantage in terms of floor spacing and knocking down threes against them. Being able to make threes during the fourth quarter is the great equalizer, and the only place they really can go to for that is Daequan Cook, who is weak in every other aspect of the game.

If Josh Smith plays in the playoffs the way he played against Boston last year, he should be able to just go out and dominate anyone that Miami tries to use to guard him. And Horford should have some nice games as well-Marvin could probably will be able to score almost at will when he's not guarded by Marion...basically, they might not even need JJ on the offensive end against the Heat.

Whew, Miami in the first round is going to be tough because of Wade. However, you make some valid points here.

I watched the Heat/Bulls game last night and for the life of me I can't figure out why teams don't use a 2-3 zone vs. the Heat. In a playoff series I would expect that a zone would be the way to go to beat them 4 out of 7. They just don't have the shooters to bust a zone, nor do they have the post players to make it collapse.

All things considered, I would rather play a disinterested Pistons team or a Brand-less Philly in round 1. Wade just gets too many calls for it to be a comfortable series. However, I if I were to guess, I would say that Miami will be the 5 seed and the Hawks will retain the 4 (assuming no trades)...

• Premium Member

We still have a long way to go.

Right now, all three teams have their good points and bad points. Moreover, trades will be made before the deadline. So, let's wait and see.

Scariest though is Miami. Wade is a bonafide superstar. Even with no help, the refs will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Whew, Miami in the first round is going to be tough because of Wade. However, you make some valid points here.

I watched the Heat/Bulls game last night and for the life of me I can't figure out why teams don't use a 2-3 zone vs. the Heat. In a playoff series I would expect that a zone would be the way to go to beat them 4 out of 7. They just don't have the shooters to bust a zone, nor do they have the post players to make it collapse.

All things considered, I would rather play a disinterested Pistons team or a Brand-less Philly in round 1. Wade just gets too many calls for it to be a comfortable series. However, I if I were to guess, I would say that Miami will be the 5 seed and the Hawks will retain the 4 (assuming no trades)...

I think they have some decent shooters there. Wade has really become a deadly midrange shooter, Beasley has a very nice shot and really fills up in short minutes, Chalmers and Quinn can hit from deep, Haslem is also a very solid shooter. They don't have too many 3pt threats but Beas can hit from there and hits a lot of long 2s as do Wade and Haslem.

The way I figure is that even though we have advantages at most positions, their SG advantage is really really really big. At the end of the day though, I'd probably want to play the one with the worst record which looks like it'll be the Pistons, which means we won't get them.

The other thing to consider is that Miami might make a trade for JO. If JO is healthy (big "if") it makes their team better because he can make up for the D/Rebounding that they lose with Marion and he frees up more time for better offensive players (Beasley) than Marion at the 3/4 positions.