• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where's the love for Big Al?

JackB1

I don't know if it was his best game but it was definitely good and more importantly it came on the heels of us being embarrassed in the rebounding department the night before. I hope to see more of this from him!

I'm sure the lack of chatter has to do with the fact that it was against the Kings and who also didn't have Brad Miller.

C'mon people! Where's the love? Al had 18 rebs and 18 pts, not to mention 4 assists and 2 blocks. Those are HUGE numbers. People are so busy knocking Smoove, they are overlooking Al's great performance last night.

I thought he was outstanding! THAT is the guy I have been looking for for most of the season. I know he has been injured and I know Miller didn't play but he still showed a nice plethora of offensive moves and he was a beast on the glass. Couldn't have asked for anything more from Big Al last night.

Hello squawkers. Long time reader, first time poster. I agree that Al needs his props for this game. But more importantly, HE NEEDS MORE TOUCHES! He's the only player who get regular minutes that is shooting over 50%. He averages about 7- 8 touches per game. He needs 11 - 13.

Now, I'm not saying that he is a dominate offensive player, but he is our only reliable answer to the "iso-offense." Look, he makes good decsions with the ball, he's really the only player that gets the picknroll, and he has true low post moves. Is he the solution to Woody's "no plan B" off and def schemes, no. But he can be a bigger help when Joe, smoove, and bibby are ice cold or have not determined that they can't play 1 on 3 the whole game.

I love Horford, but he needs some teaching on the offensive end. He turns to face a little too much. He should use his strength to back guys down more. That said, he does have a ways to develop yet, so we win either way.

But, I LOVE when he dribbles out of the rebound and pushes the ball himself. He is a 110% guy and i'd love to see the rest of the team follow his lead and have some fun and energy out there.

C'mon people! Where's the love? Al had 18 rebs and 18 pts, not to mention 4 assists and 2 blocks. Those are HUGE numbers. People are so busy knocking Smoove, they are overlooking Al's great performance last night.

Horford played very well. He was our MVP against the Kings..I wanna see him be that aggressive more often

• Moderators
I too am wondering why my fantasy team isnt getting more love. I mean, once Jason Terry comes back, things are gonna get real ugly for the rest of the league.

He has another month off which always makes me nervous about how well he'll come back but I would have gone for him if you didn't!

Al is my favorite on the team beside Flip. Yes he needs more touches. Not as skilled as you would like on the block, but his soft touch on the rim makes up for some of the unsteadiness when creating his shot and getting it off. I disagree about his starting the break, though. Many times he takes 1-2 too many dribbles and funks it up, but there was a pass to Josh last night on the break that would make a lot of point guards blush. Let's go, Al! One of the few players on the team who can actually step it up and play above his head when absolutely needed on a consistent basis due to his professionalism. We all are waiting for the day when he can have long-term position security at the 4 next to a center who actually has skills, although I respect Zaza's toughness, a toughness that has been the foundation for at least a win or two.

Being even keel the opponent played a rookie front court basically the entire game and just traded two front court starters. They've been in the top 3 lottery standings all year. A similar performance against a tougher lineup would be great this evening would be great.