• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos to Horford in a big division vs. Miami game at home...

HAWKS1986

I was beginning to doubt Horford's ceiling as offensive player, but the last few games --especially against Denver on the road and Miami at home has renewed my hope that he still has more potential to be fulfilled.

The Hawks needed that type of performance in an important division game that has importance in the playoff standing.

Kudos to Horford for his outstanding effort... keep it up (we need it)...

I was beginning to doubt Horford's ceiling as offensive player, but the last few games --especially against Denver on the road and Miami at home has renewed my hope that he still has more potential to be fulfilled.

The Hawks needed that type of performance in an important division game that has importance in the playoff standing.

Kudos to Horford for his outstanding effort... keep it up (we need it)...

More than Kudos. There's nothing to doubt about Al Horford's game. He brings it every night. Plays his as* off. He's just a winner, period. He doesn't know what it's like to lose. And to think, he's playing out of position most of the time. 22,21 is extremely impressive for a second year player.

BOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only Woody would wake up and start running some offense thru Horf and design some plays for him.

His 15 footer is money.

I agree 100%. Even if his shot is not falling, we should continue to run some offense through him. He makes good decisions w/ the ball, his post offense allows the backside rebounder to get into good rebound position, he's really the only big we have that can run the pnr with Bibby, and if we consistently show that we will feed the post, he'll draw double teams and further open the offense. Its a good idea Woody, let's hope that light stays on.

Horford has been getting the same opportunities these last two games that he has been getting all season. The only difference is that in these last two games he has actually been looking to score when he gets the ball 15 feet from the basket.

Most of the season when he has gotten the ball 15-18 feet from the rim he hasn't looked to score at all even if his man is way off him.

Horford's lack of scoring this year isn't because he has been playing center, which i have seen so often here. He has been playing center the last two games. He didn't suddenly change positions.

Horfords lack of scoring isn't because of the offense. The offense didn't change the last two games. Everyone knows Woody isn't going to suddenly change his offensive scheme, assuming there is one.

Horford's increased scoring the last two games is 100% because of Horford. It has nothing to do with anyone else. When he has gotten the ball 15 feet from the basket and is wide open he shoots. He has been passing up those shots all year unless the shot clock is running down.

Most of the year he has tried to be a back to the basket player and it just doesn't work. He doesn't have the size or the post skills to be effective with his back to the basket. These last two games his scoring hasn't increased because of getting fed in the post. It has increased because he is shooting his midrange shots, moving without the ball for easy looks, hitting the offensive glass and taking it to the basket. In other words he is playing the way he should be playing.

• Premium Member

While I generally agree with you, ex, Horford did a lot of his scoring last night with Zaza at center. He has been more effective at PF the past two games.But, he's also been effective at center the past two games.

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow...amp;game=MIAATL

I still think he has the potential to be one of the best pick/pop guys in the NBA with his wide, strong body and solid mid-range J. Adding that wrinkle to the offense would really open up the paint for the slashers.

Edited by mrhonline

While I generally agree with you, ex, Horford did a lot of his scoring last night with Zaza at center. He has been more effective at PF the past two games.But, he's also been effective at center the past two games.

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow...amp;game=MIAATL

I still think he has the potential to be one of the best pick/pop guys in the NBA with his wide, strong body and solid mid-range J. Adding that wrinkle to the offense would really open up the paint for the slashers.

Smith missed 12 games earlier in the season and Horford didn't reach double figures half the time. He has been left open from 15-18 feet regardless of what position he has played.

Ex is right, Horford's scoring bump the last two games is all on him. He is getting the same looks he's gotten all year; he's just being more aggressive with them.

15 ft and in, facing the basket, is where Horf should try to go to work on offense. He gives up too much size and is too mechanical to try to go at guys with his back to the basket.

He's also been getting the stickbacks around the rim alot more, being more active on the O-boards. We need that, no doubt.

I don't think it's possible for Al to have a "statement" game. He did average a double-double against the Champs for seven games last year. 20 and 20 seem likes a normal day at the office, as I've seen just as poignant performances from him at 12 and 11. Hopefully, Al doesn't fall into the trap of people wanting a certain stat line from him every night, as numbers don't tell half of his game, although I want him to reach his personal goals, get paid, and buy more executive suits. His signature winning style of play satsfies me. Let's go Big Al.

I don't think it's possible for Al to have a "statement" game. He did average a double-double against the Champs for seven games last year. 20 and 20 seem likes a normal day at the office, as I've seen just as poignant performances from him at 12 and 11. Hopefully, Al doesn't fall into the trap of people wanting a certain stat line from him every night, as numbers don't tell half of his game, although I want him to reach his personal goals, get paid, and buy more executive suits. His signature winning style of play satsfies me. Let's go Big Al.

A 20/20 game is just another day at the office for a guy who was averaging 10/8 at the break?

:lol6:

• Premium Member
A 20/20 game is just another day at the office for a guy who was averaging 10/8 at the break?

In actually a 20/20 game would not be a normal day at the office for anybody. However, that is not validation for your previous statements about Horf being more aggressive. I think Horf is just hitting his shots. He shot some of those same shots before and missed. Now it just goes in. I think two things that are missing from this conversation is that Horf needs more looks and Horf can outrebound undersized centers.

In actually a 20/20 game would not be a normal day at the office for anybody. However, that is not validation for your previous statements about Horf being more aggressive. I think Horf is just hitting his shots. He shot some of those same shots before and missed. Now it just goes in. I think two things that are missing from this conversation is that Horf needs more looks and Horf can outrebound undersized centers.

It isn't about Horford just making his shots. It is about him actually taking them. He has been passing up those midrange shots way too often. He was shooting them well before the last two games he just didn't take them very often. All season long he would get the ball in the 15 foot range and just stand there looking for someone to pass to.

He has also spent way too much time trying to back guys down which he sucks at.

Some of those rebounds were garbage time boards. Again, I would never judge Al's performance on numbers. You are aware that there are countless winning plays you can make that don't appear in the stat sheet.