Top Posters In This Topic

Because in the West you can play these teams 4-5 time a season

Sacromento 14-49

La Clippers 15-48

Memphis 16-46

Oklahoma City 17-46

Minnesota 18-45

Golden state 21-42

and if you are an average team, that is at least 25 wins per season without even trying!

So I guess last seasons Hornets' record of 57 - 25 was a fluke when the West was even better, correct?

What about the fact that this season they've already beaten the Spurs, Lakers, Cleveland, Orlando, Dallas twice, Houston, Portland twice, Detroit twice, Philly twice?

Paul is only 23 and is already recognized as the best PG in the game and clearly elevates his teammates as much or more than anybody in the league. Bashing him for not winning it all in only 3 seasons is just dumb. If you've watched him play any games other than versus the Hawks this season (we seem to have the Hornets number) or last year, you wouldn't even question this. Hell, he was 2nd in MVP voting last year.

Because in the West you can play these teams 4-5 time a season

Sacromento 14-49

La Clippers 15-48

Memphis 16-46

Oklahoma City 17-46

Minnesota 18-45

Golden state 21-42

and if you are an average team, that is at least 25 wins per season without even trying!

Please point to whatever team plays one of those teams 5 times a year. Secondly, point to one team that plays each of those teams 4 times a year.

New Orleans plays Golden state and Oklahoma city 4 times this year

I said each of those teams, not 2 out of the 6 you mentioned. NO actually plays GS, OK, Memphis, and Sacramento 4 times. The point is that they don't play all 6 teams you mentioned 4 times a year, much less any team 5 times a year.

Paul is a better point guard than Marvin but my point is that basketball is a team sport and it does matter how great people my think a player is, if he doesn't elevate the team to greatness then nothing else matters. Iverson was a great score that could elevate aany of his teams to greatness. Same with T-mac, Carmello Anthony, Vince Carter, Chris Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal etc and the list goes on. Now people throw that term greatness around here a lot especially toward other team's players. I just want to clarify to many here what true greatness is! That's all. And Chris Paul is not a great player! Fantastic ball handler and gifted passer yes but it takes more than that to be great.

this post is total BS. Paul makes everybody on that team better than they would be anywhere else.

• Premium Member
this post is total BS. Paul makes everybody on that team better than they would be anywhere else.

1st of all I said the great players elevate their teams to greatness and the Hornets are anything but great. And secondly to address your post and I'm assuming you mean scoring when you talk about Paul making others better. If I read you correctly then why are Paja Stojakovic's scoring numbers down with the Hornet? He is a career 17ppg scorer and is averaging 13 with the Hornets shooting 40% from the field?

Posey's scoring is up 2 points because he is getting more playing time but his efficiency ratings are about the same as his years in Boston and Miami

Melvin Ely has regressed this year!

Devin Brown has regressed this year!

Rasual Butler's efficiency is about the same as it was in Miami

Wright and Armstrong just have done nothing in the NBA with the Hornets

Actually the only player that you can say really improved with the Hornets is Tyson chandler!

So again, prove to me that Chris Paul has elevated his team and teammates to greatness!

Edited by Peoriabird

lol, I am one who doesn't think CP3 is the best PG in the league. I think Deron is but to say his name in the same boat with J. O'Neal, VC is hilarious. CP3 does make his teammates better, you really think Tyson Chandler would be good without CP3. David West is on the same level with Horford currently if CP3 is not there. lol, he is a great player and is one of top NBA best talent's. I don't believe CP3 would be great in Atlanta because of the players we currently have and Woody offensive system. If we had Terry Stotts coaching then I might change my mind.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member
CP3 does make his teammates better, you really think Tyson Chandler would be good without CP3.

I said that Chris Paul made Chandler better but who else? David West in the 2 full games that he played without Chris Paul this year scored his average! All of the other players that i mention that came from other teams either are performing at the same level with the Hornets as they did with their previous team or worse.

I said that Chris Paul made Chandler better but who else? David West in the 2 full games that he played without Chris Paul this year scored his average! All of the other players that i mention that came from other teams either are performing at the same level with the Hornets as they did with their previous team or worse.

Chris Paul makes everyone around him better. He creates open shots and opportunities for everyone. Two games is hardly enough time to evaluate the importance of a player. Add to that the fact that West, I'm guessing, took more shots with CP3 out of the line-up to make up for CP's points.

1st of all I said the great players elevate their teams to greatness and the Hornets are anything but great.

So again, prove to me that Chris Paul has elevated his team and teammates to greatness!

Talk about loosing credability. You don't have to elevate your team to greatness in order to be great. In fact there is only one player that, in my history of the NBA, actually elevated HIS TEAMMATE(S) to greatness and that was Jordan. Bird, Magic, Isaiah all had other allstar(s) by their sides in their championship runs. Jordan had only Pippen who wouldn't have been Pippen without him.

I consider Lebron and Kobe great yet neither one has elevated his team to greatness. Go ahead and say Kobe did it but without Shaq he wouldn't have ANY rings.

So given your requirements for "greatness" please tell me who, in your world, is considered "great". Must be a short list.

Talk about loosing credability. You don't have to elevate your team to greatness in order to be great. In fact there is only one player that, in my history of the NBA, actually elevated HIS TEAMMATE(S) to greatness and that was Jordan. Bird, Magic, Isaiah all had other allstar(s) by their sides in their championship runs. Jordan had only Pippen who wouldn't have been Pippen without him.

I consider Lebron and Kobe great yet neither one has elevated his team to greatness. Go ahead and say Kobe did it but without Shaq he wouldn't have ANY rings.

So given your requirements for "greatness" please tell me who, in your world, is considered "great". Must be a short list.

Agreed. Even Jordan is debatable. Heck, he had one of the 50 greatest of all time playing next to him.

Agreed. Even Jordan is debatable. Heck, he had one of the 50 greatest of all time playing next to him.

See I think Pippen is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NBA. We saw how far the bulls went with him as a #1. He couldn't handle the pressure. It was a sham he was chosen over Nique in that list.

• Premium Member
There are no longer any Marvin defenders who would not trade him for Chris Paul or who think that passing on Paul wasn't a mistake (with the benefit of hindsight). Everyone agrees it was a missed opportunity. The only thing still under debate is what we should do with Marvin now...which is, of course, completely irrelevant to where he was drafted or who we passed on to take him.

This may be true... But what's the need for trying to down CP3? It is a very settle villification of CP3 here and it's because he's not a Hawk. Dude turns in a 24, 3, and 10 performance and guys are saying he played like trash? I never did like him? This is backlash and there's only one reason for it...

See I think Pippen is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NBA. We saw how far the bulls went with him as a #1. He couldn't handle the pressure. It was a sham he was chosen over Nique in that list.

Without a doubt. It was a list compiled of players during that era. it would be totally different if it were done today. Think of how many current players would be on that list now. Pippen would be the first bumped.

• Premium Member

Several times in this thread, I have read Perioabird mention AI as if it was something ironic that AI won a MVP award.

That's disrespect.

AI is probably the best OG to have played this game. The year he won the MVP, he took his team to the NBA Championships against Shaq and Kobe. At the time, he was one of the top defensive players in the game and top scorers in the game.

Perioa if you're even old enough to remember the series, Iverson was cheated out of his ring. The refs looked the other way when Derrick Fisher raped AI on defense. The refs looked the other way everytime Shaq lowered the shoulder and committed the blatant offensive foul. The officiating was a joke.

MVP Iverson = 4.5 reb 5.5 assists 2.8 steals .2 blocks 31.4 ppg

I would have been proud that have that guy on my team.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">