frankthetank966

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
There ya'll go. He hit his first 30 this year. :angel19:

Several posters in the chat room especially that smoovethefuture cat were screaming themselves over Chris Paul! Even Nique and Bob Rathman were praising every shot and New Orleans lost! How did that happen? They only scored 79 points HMMMMMMMMM! I thought that CP3 was Magic Johnson and show time! In fact, New Orleans averages fewer points per game than the Hawks! Did you know that?

• Premium Member
You knew the excuse machine was going to fire up for Paul if we won! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excuse machine? The dude is the best PG in the league. He doesn't need excuses at this point in his career. The guy was in the running for MVP last season for goodness sakes. With all that said, I'm gald we smacked those clowns up on our home court.

• Premium Member
Excuse machine? The dude is the best PG in the league. He doesn't need excuses at this point in his career. The guy was in the running for MVP last season for goodness sakes. With all that said, I'm gald we smacked those clowns up on our home court.

The Marvin haters are obvious in their attacks. They believe that Paul played like trash and that Paul needs excuses.

Ahm... How many Hawks fan would not trade Marvin for Paul in a heartbeat?

How many Squawkers would think your PG failed if he had 24, 4, and 10??

Hawks fans would slap their mothers if Bibby could consistently bring in 24, 4, and 10..even on a losing night. or 21, 5, and 11.

fACE IT We screwed up picking Marvin. PERIOD.

The Marvin haters are obvious in their attacks. They believe that Paul played like trash and that Paul needs excuses.

Ahm... How many Hawks fan would not trade Marvin for Paul in a heartbeat?

How many Squawkers would think your PG failed if he had 24, 4, and 10??

Hawks fans would slap their mothers if Bibby could consistently bring in 24, 4, and 10..even on a losing night. or 21, 5, and 11.

fACE IT We screwed up picking Marvin. PERIOD.

We did. That is correct. Why people continue to debate this blows my mind? It's been four years. It's done. We will never have Chris Paul, move on! :beathorse:

• Moderators

There are no longer any Marvin defenders who would not trade him for Chris Paul or who think that passing on Paul wasn't a mistake (with the benefit of hindsight). Everyone agrees it was a missed opportunity. The only thing still under debate is what we should do with Marvin now...which is, of course, completely irrelevant to where he was drafted or who we passed on to take him.

There are no longer any Marvin defenders who would not trade him for Chris Paul or who think that passing on Paul wasn't a mistake (with the benefit of hindsight). Everyone agrees it was a missed opportunity. The only thing still under debate is what we should do with Marvin now...which is, of course, completely irrelevant to where he was drafted or who we passed on to take him.

We need to sign him in the off season. He needs to be a Hawk. Too talented, too young. He's shown improvement every year...not necessarily stat wise, but anyone that has watched Marvin his first three years can't deny he's gotten better each year and will be a solid pro.

• Premium Member

Marvin and Paul have the same number of rings! :magnifier:

• Premium Member
So Marvin's value is on par with Lebron's but lower than Toine's.

What I'm saying is that New Orleans is no closer to winning a championship than the hawks are even with the great Chris Paul!

Edited by Peoriabird

We did. That is correct. Why people continue to debate this blows my mind? It's been four years. It's done. We will never have Chris Paul, move on! :beathorse:

I'm really shocked that people are STILL on this. What, next year's draft, are we gonna have a "5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY: WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN" celebration?

Damn, y'all. Get over it.

• Premium Member
What I'm saying is that New Orleans is no closer to winning a championship than the hawks are even with the great Chris Paul!

But bashing Paul doesn't make him any worse of a player. It would take someone seriously detached from reality to say that Paul isn't all that good because he hasn't won a Championship. That's just like me saying that Wade and Lebron are subpar players.

Back to JJ's 30. Hope he is back for real.

Good call. He was back for the NO game that's for sure. I'm just wincing thinking about the next game his jumper is off, and since we don't have an offense other than JJ iso's is cause for concern. From the middle of the 3rd quarter on last night, it was strictly jump shooting...or Flip/ JJ creating for themselves (90% of the time) or others.