• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: News on Marvin

jerrywest

He's getting treated at Duke?

yup. most articles I read says he will be out for a few weeks. I mean it sucks but hopefully guys can step up and Woody can play some guys who usually wouldnt see many minutes like Acie, Solo, and Mario West. It will help us come playoff time if we had to use our bench. lets look on the bright side guys

• Premium Member
yup. most articles I read says he will be out for a few weeks. I mean it sucks but hopefully guys can step up and Woody can play some guys who usually wouldnt see many minutes like Acie, Solo, and Mario West. It will help us come playoff time if we had to use our bench. lets look on the bright side guys

"A few weeks" sounds worlds better than the "possibly out for the rest of the season" reports. I just hope he doesn't rush back, contract/Playoff year or not. Back injury ruined Larry Johnson's career and it may shorten Mcgrady's as well. If he can come back 100% this season, that would be awesome. But if he looks gimpy when he returns, shelf him for his own good and let him rehab properly over the offseason.

"A few weeks" sounds worlds better than the "possibly out for the rest of the season" reports. I just hope he doesn't rush back, contract/Playoff year or not. Back injury ruined Larry Johnson's career and it may shorten Mcgrady's as well. If he can come back 100% this season, that would be awesome. But if he looks gimpy when he returns, shelf him for his own good and let him rehab properly over the offseason.

There is only 4 1/2 weeks left in the season so a few weeks could mean out for the season.

He walks gimpy when he is healthy. If he walks normally than something is wrong.

Too bad, no one will believe him during contract negotiations, even if his back is 100%.

That's a good thing for the Hawks. We need to re-sign him. If we can get him cheaper, that's a plus!

• Premium Member
That's a good thing for the Hawks. We need to re-sign him. If we can get him cheaper, that's a plus!

Get him cheaper???? Don't hear the Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Celtics and other teams trying to get their players cheaper. If we go on the cheap as you suggest we will always be a fringe team. BTW we have been a fringe team the 31 years I've been a fan.

Let's get over this cheap crap. We need some more help up front. We have seen that Marvin is a player that can carry this team, so he is really needed

Get him cheaper???? Don't hear the Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Celtics and other teams trying to get their players cheaper. If we go on the cheap as you suggest we will always be a fringe team. BTW we have been a fringe team the 31 years I've been a fan.

Let's get over this cheap crap. We need some more help up front. We have seen that Marvin is a player that can carry this team, so he is really needed

Cheaper as compared to other teams that offer him money. If his injury causes for concern for other teams to offer bigger contracts, the Hawks could get him "cheaper" than originally anticipated.

The Laker dumped Rad's salary this year. The Cavs talked a big game of adding a mega deal like Carter or Shaq but they never did it. In fact the Lakers have already let it be know they cannot pay Odon the $10 mill (+) ,annually, he desires at years end. There is talk that Celtics will move Ray Allen's expiring contract to get younger in the off season or before next years deadline.

Marvin is a RFA. That is just how the game is played when you have the rights to match another team's offer sheet once signed. That is how Sund played the Smoove situation and it worked out in the Hawks favor.

Once they become unrestricted (UFA), like Bibby will be, is when the game of waiting for the market to set the value stops.

JJ will be a UFA in 2010 and I believe Horford will be a RFA in 2011. Sometimes you can't resign every body. You have to have a long term plan.

Edited by coachx

Darn, Im freakin pissed that this happened. Marvin finally starts to shine and now an injury is here to F that up.

Yeah I hope he's back for the playoffs, but even if he is he may rusty by that time. I really wanted to see him in the postseason since he's been playing much better in clutch situations this season.

• Premium Member
I don't know what all would have to be done to allow for this to happen, but if MW is out for the season, would it be possible to bring Chillz in?

Man, that would be great if we could bring him back in time for the Playoffs. But isn't Chillz hurt and rehabbing here in the states now? I'm not sure his Euro team would be too happy if he's playing over here when he's supposed to be healing from an injury. If we could get him back in a Hawks uniform in time for the Playoffs, the loss of Marv would sting a lot less. Heck, it would benefit the Hawks and Chillz too if he plays well during the Playoffs and we decide to trade him later. We could get a lot more for him.