• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great win

capstone21

He awas BAD. Terrible shooting. He had one or two good shots, but he fired up alot of bricks tonight.

Mo was also big. I was also frustrated that Mike got so many minutes tonight. He did nothing most of the game. For the Mavs... JT being so off really hurt them. Without Howard, they don't have the scorers.

Hawks were +15 in the 15 minutes Mike was out, and -8 in the 33 minutes he was in. Why was it hard for Woodson to see that Mike didn't have it tonight? Our defense suffered immensely for his inabilities.

I kept screaming at Woody to take Bibby out.

To be fair to Josh Smith...he SKYs for the rebound and realizes that the other guys are standing around (guards included). Everybody has the Woody-Detroit Walk-it-Up mentality. So he just thinks "fork it" I'll just go. IMHO. Yeah if he had a T.J. Ford coming past him he would pass in a heartbeat. But our guards are slow as mollasses in January on the break.

Flip notwithstanding.

Meaning: we just have slow guards - and what we really need is really fast guards because Smoove can get up - get the ball - and really make things go - even faster than other rebounders. So we have a really fast guy who can explode on a rebound and a bunch of slow guards - - - - I wonder - - -I just wonder - - - why JS is frustrated??..................because he has a bunch of slow guards.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I'm amazed by Flip's +24 plus/minus tonight. You've got to wonder how much worse we would be without him coming off the bench this year. I know someone mentioned it before, but it'd be nice to see a best "bang for the buck" player award. Hell, Flips gotta be getting votes for 6th man of the yr after his performance the last couple months... and that's at the league minimum.

If there was an All-Bench team, Flip should be on it, but his streakiness and his 1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio will probably keep him from getting any serious 6th man of the year consideration. I mean, tonight not withstanding, JT is averaging 20 ppg off the bench.

JT is actually averaging a shade over 17 ppg, but still. JT's salary is many times over what Flip makes, yet his impact is just as tangible.

If only we could get that Assist:TO ratio up. Outside of that, he has become much more consistent with his scoring over the past months compared to his wildly inconsistent play at the beginning of the season.

• Premium Member
To be fair to Josh Smith...he SKYs for the rebound and realizes that the other guys are standing around (guards included). Everybody has the Woody-Detroit Walk-it-Up mentality. So he just thinks "fork it" I'll just go. IMHO. Yeah if he had a T.J. Ford coming past him he would pass in a heartbeat. But our guards are slow as mollasses in January on the break.

Flip notwithstanding.

Meaning: we just have slow guards - and what we really need is really fast guards because Smoove can get up - get the ball - and really make things go - even faster than other rebounders. So we have a really fast guy who can explode on a rebound and a bunch of slow guards - - - - I wonder - - -I just wonder - - - why JS is frustrated??..................because he has a bunch of slow guards.

There was one play in particular, Josh does his bring it up thing.. Nique is screaming pass it.. because Flip or Bibby was up ahead.. Josh didn't and Kidd comes up from behind and steals it. There was another play Josh did his bring it up thing and went for a layin and missed it and there was no help to rebound. Between now and the playoffs, Josh has to understand that when we are up, we take our time.

• Premium Member

I'll mention it here...

JT's foul on Smoove

Damn JT, WTF. He was having a terrible game but I think he purposely pulled Smoove down. I was telling my wife, there has to be some Pachulia Justice!!...

I think Zaza has to be our enforcer!!

Sheez, he's Georgian.

He's big.

He's not scared.

Pachulia Justice!!!

I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning I'll get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and, uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your f-in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your f-in' head open again. 'Cause I'm f-in' stupid. I don't give a f- about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

-Zaza the enforcer as Nicky Santoro

Flip notwithstanding.

This, I agree with!

I'm mixed on Josh on the break. Most of the time someone runs with him, he's willing to give it up. Like when Joe will run on the wing, if they have the man advantage, Josh will attack the hoop and suck the defender and hit Joe for the 3. If Al/Marv is running with him, Josh is more than willing to pull a defender and give it to the other guy for an easy hoop.

The problem seems to be when no one else wants to run, Josh has trouble accepting that and tries to run the break without the advantage.

As far as whether you should walk it up when you are up. I'm mixed on that too. If you are a better half court team than your opponent, sure do it. If you are a worse half court team but a better full court team, don't play to their advantage unless you have a significant lead. Remember the Portland game last season where we had a chunky lead and then after half time we refused to push it - Portland, being one of the best half-court teams in the league, took advantage and came back from 20 or so.

Edited by crimedog

• Moderators
I'll mention it here...

JT's foul on Smoove

Damn JT, WTF. He was having a terrible game but I think he purposely pulled Smoove down. I was telling my wife, there has to be some Pachulia Justice!!...

I think Zaza has to be our enforcer!!

Sheez, he's Georgian.

He's big.

He's not scared.

Pachulia Justice!!!

I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning I'll get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and, uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your f-in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your f-in' head open again. 'Cause I'm f-in' stupid. I don't give a f- about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

-Zaza the enforcer as Nicky Santoro

Glad they made that a flagrant. I think it was a flagrant-1 but Smoove got ejected for much less than that a few weeks ago. JT had no play on the ball or any chance of wrapping him up. Dallas really played lazy.

This game was probably the worst the Hawks have played during their recent streak but it still counts.

Yes. True statement. Dallas still a strong team, even w/o Howard. Nice to see us winning a game vs. a decent team when we played like poop.

Flip notwithstanding.

I dont think it's that as much as he just wants to be the playmaker. He wants to get out and run and handle the ball and finish or make a play for someone else. The problem is he is not nearly skilled enough in these areas to make it profitable. Most of the time when he does these transition get-to-the-hoop-or-bust things the defense is already set.

Even with his athleticism your not going to be able to just go through 2 or three people and make a bucket often enough to make this a good play. He often gets the ball poked from behind or misses a contested layup, leaving no one in position for a rebound.

In the playoffs every possession is huge and this really needs to stop when we dont have numbers.