• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yep. The Hawks are still a fraud.

Plainview1981

This is a stupid thread.

The Cavs have lost to one team at home this year. I guess all of those other teams that have lost to the Cavs in Cleveland are bad.

Hotlanta, are you even a fan? All I read EVER are complaints from you.

Mods, is there an "ignore" feature on here?

You're like a troll...you roam around until there's a loss or a bad game and you just feed off any negativity. Get a life.

Yes, he's a fan. You guys always wanting to rip on him remind me of a high school mob that can't think independent of the others. You guys should get a life. As far as the Hawks go, he's at least 70% accurate I'd say, if not more. People who shoot the messenger because of the message are just so not worth the time of any person with critical thinking skills. To be fair, many of you "troll" as you say, looking for him so you can say " you're such a troll, blah, blah, blah, etc". Talk about lame.

If you are such a "fan" you should know all about Hawksquawk and all of it's features. Of course there is a "ignore" feature.

Glad the positive attitude works for you. You're going to need it. Enjoy the Lane Kiffin era!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a stupid thread.

The Cavs have lost to one team at home this year. I guess all of those other teams that have lost to the Cavs in Cleveland are bad.

Hotlanta, are you even a fan? All I read EVER are complaints from you.

Mods, is there an "ignore" feature on here?

You're like a troll...you roam around until there's a loss or a bad game and you just feed off any negativity. Get a life.

Somehow you guys seem to keep skipping over the part where I said the blow out was bad and not the loss. But you want spin what I say. Cleveland's record at home does not making getting killed acceptable. But whatever.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Yes, he's a fan. You guys always wanting to rip on him remind me of a high school mob that can't think independent of the others. You guys should get a life. As far as the Hawks go, he's at least 70% accurate I'd say, if not more. People who shoot the messenger because of the message are just so not worth the time of any person with critical thinking skills. To be fair, many of you "troll" as you say, looking for him so you can say " you're such a troll, blah, blah, blah, etc". Talk about lame.

If you are such a "fan" you should know all about Hawksquawk and all of it's features. Of course there is a "ignore" feature.

Glad the positive attitude works for you. You're going to need it. Enjoy the Lane Kiffin era!

I swear, this team teases it's fan base. It will win a few in a road and get peoples hopes up... Then when facing top competition it will tank most of the game and then try do dig themselves out of a big hole late in the game just so that they can have that moral victory.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with hotlanta but he does go too far with the hating sometimes. Suggesting the team should be moved out of Atlanta, saying everyone on our team is worthless, etc. But he's pretty critical of other teams as well, I've heard him mention many good NBA players and teams in a negative light. Guess that's just his nature.

Edited by AtLaS

Yeah, I don't have a problem with hotlanta but he does go too far with the hating sometimes. Suggesting the team should be moved out of Atlanta, saying everyone on our team is worthless, etc. But he's pretty critical of other teams as well, I've heard him mention many good NBA players and teams in a negative light. Guess that's just his nature.

Well these making excuses for the team. You have to wonder if the team feels the same way when they got on the road and play these teams. "Gee, we can't beat this guys on the road so we'll save it for the home games". That seems to be the players way of thinking also. These guys need to man up and stop falling apart on the road.

We clap about a win over Dallas at home... But they're like 5 games under .500 on the road or something. So when they come in, they're basically Chicago or the Bucks. The New Orleans win was probably the best win of the homestand. It's good that this team beat Cleveland once already this year. But no real noise can be made until the Hawks man up on the road. They're most likely going to have to beat Miami in Miami. Against Wade that's not going to be easy and they can't fall apart because of the calls he is going to get.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Well these making excuses for the team. You have to wonder if the team feels the same way when they got on the road and play these teams. "Gee, we can't beat this guys on the road so we'll save it for the home games". That seems to be the players way of thinking also. These guys need to man up and stop falling apart on the road.

We clap about a win over Dallas at home... But they're like 5 games under .500 on the road or something. So when they come in, they're basically Chicago or the Bucks. The New Orleans win was probably the best win of the homestand. It's good that this team beat Cleveland once already this year. But no real noise can be made until the Hawks man up on the road. They're most likely going to have to beat Miami in Miami. Against Wade that's not going to be easy and they can't fall apart because of the calls he is going to get.

I was looking at NBA.com the other day and it was astounding how bad teams are on the road. Something is seriously wrong. If we could win on the road we'd be a title contender. It's what separates the good from great teams. Look at the road records of teams out west. Other than LAL and SA they are terrible.

I don't know why there is such a dramatic gap between home and road for teams in the NBA. It's really not seen anywhere else, even in college basketball.

I'm not really sure how the Hawks could be a fraud. When one ponders the last decade, putting this season in context, there is an overwhelming excitement that arises. We are contending for the first time in a while. This post is ridiculous - it took James and the Cavs how long to be truly dominant in the regular season? So the Hawks are inconsistent, and seem to lose most of their games on the road. Does that mean they're a fraud? No, it means this is the best Hawks team since a 30-something Dikembe Mutombo hung around ATL.

• Premium Member

But has he ever said that he wished those other team's flights would crash on the way home? I don't care what anyone else thinks on this subject, but the guy goes way too far. The guy had a Hornets avatar for almost all of last season for crying out loud! Now he has a pic of JJ with his head down as his avatar. We won 7 straight and I don't hear a peep out of this guy. We lose 1 on the road to the best team in the East and we're frauds? Give me a break dude. I remember him trashing the team during the Playoffs last season and almost getting banned from the chat. I'll be fair and say that by definition he is NOT a troll, even though he behaves just like one. If you took away his years of membership here and the fact that many here may have gotten to know the guy, he'd be banned just like Lawstudent/Acielawschool or Mookie Gaylock right now.

We won 7 straight and I don't hear a peep out of this guy.

So ok, they can win at home.... But so can a team like Chicago. They atleast needed a good showing against Cleveland. Instead, they went in there and got blown out until the backups came in. Cleveland right now is even a banged up team. On top of that, only Mo Williams had a great game.... Lebron had decent game for him, West was off... They're missing Wallace and Wally... Yet they still basically won in a blow out.

Despite the win total, Cleveland had only been pulling out close games at home as of late:

97-92 against Portland in overtime

97-93 vs. Orlando

98-93 against NY

99-89 against Miami

I was on here during the 7 game home streak.

Also, notice the word "STILL". Meaning this team still can't run with the top teams on the road. That doesn't mean I'm saying they suck because of this one loss. They're bad play on the road is still there despite all the winning at home. That's what is being said.

Maybe :Yep, this team is still a fraud on the road" is a better title. I admit that.

Even if you're disappointed at first in a game like the Boston road game. You can get over that quickly as everybody here has. But to go in and get clobbered right at the start of one of the biggest games of the season is a real letdown. But I'm moving on from the Cavs game. Tired of talking about this game.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Despite the win total, Cleveland had only been pulling out close games at home as of late:

97-92 against Portland in overtime

97-93 vs. Orlando

98-93 against NY

99-89 against Miami

I was on here during the 7 game home streak.

It is pretty funny how a 10 pt win over the Heat is a close game but a 6 pt win over the Hawks is a blowout.

I disagree because no one thought of this team as a contender, even with the 7 game winning streak. So we aren't frauds. We are what we are mediocre. Which is fine, because mediocre is on par with even the best of the Atlanta Hawks teams past.

This team thinks they're special because of winning some home games. 22 NBA teams have a winning record at home. Winning at home isn't all that special. Most of the teams do it. Only 7 teams have a winning road record. Which in reality means they're only 7 good teams in the league. I think the Hawks found out today they're still along way away from being a really good team. This was a big game to prove themselves in and they got clowned.

Just like Orlando clowned them.

You need to focus on the dopeness. Not so much on the wackness.

Does it count as a close game when it's not close until the backups get in? But if it makes you feel better...

You only looked at the final scores of the other games. Why should it be different for the hawks game?

Miami never led and was down as much as 20. If the hawks game was a blowout then the Miami game was too.