• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rotation question.

Diesel

If we pulled Speedy out of his suits and played him... where will he fit in the rotation. After watching Parker scorch us last night, we need some defense from the pG position.

Unless you are gonna bring tree rollins out of moth balls or give Woody's brain a defensive lobodomy, it won't help. Our scheme has holes and good teams exploit them consistently.

• Moderators

Speedy would get minutes at the point instead of Flip. So JJ would have less minutes so Flip could play the 2 or JJ could shift to SF and put Mo or Marv or Smoove on the bench more. Having Speedy and Flip would be a pretty good defensive backcourt.

I didn't see much of the first half but I couldn't figure out why Mario wasn't getting minutes guarding Parker in the second half. JJ can't guard him.

We need to learn how to to play defense. Dam yesterday we shouldve just switched to a dam zone.

Its no secret that Parker and Harris torch us with regularity. Games like this are when Law would have been nice to have around. Flip and JJ did OK jobs on Parker. JJ size seemed to really bother him at times.

One time Nique said: "Parker went by Bibby like he was standing still !" That is b/c Bibby was standing still !

I do agree with you. If a zone would have held Parker under 25 points (he scored 42 I think), then use it the whole game in hopes that the Spurs have a off shooting night from the perimeter. That probably would not have worked either since the Spurs are he 2nd best 3 point shooting team in the league but what the heck. It would get the ball out of Parker's hands and that would be an accompishment for this club.

The Spurs are just a well coached and fundamentally sound ball club.

None of their players played heavy minutes the night before. They were relatively fresh for the 2nd game of back to backs. Heck, Pop only played Duncan 24 minutes in their 1 point victory over Golden State Tuesday night............They only have a 1/2 game lead for the 2nd seed in the West so its not like each game is not important. They are just good enough to win without 2 of their 3 best players.............or maybe its more that Pop is a good enough coach to make the right adjustments.

Back to the original question though.

If Speedy could play, when would he play?

Speedy can't play !

Turn the page !

UCLA's Collison sure would be a nice fit on this team. He could defend the quicker PGs better then any one we have..............just as long as he doesn't have to defend Maynor...LOL.

Seriously though, Collison would be ideal here.

It all depends what the GM and coach think of Law.

Edited by coachx

Speedy is not the first Hawk player who was left on the bench and put on 'ignore'.

We have all saw this movie before if we've been around for a while.

Speedy has worked out with the team. He says he's healthy enough to play.

In fact, he has been quoted as saying he's feeling great.

The Hawks will not activate him. Whether it's Woody or the front office, we will

probably never know.

I dont care what their rank is. I would have ran a zone until they starting hitting the shots and killing us outside. I mean as the coach you already know Bibby cant check Parker.

What really pisses me off is that Woody didnt make any dam adjustments on the switching. How about putting Mario in on Parker. Was Mario gonna stop Parker? No, but at least he would make him earn his points instead of watching Horf get killed by an 3 time championship point guard. I felt bad for Horf, he had no chance.

Like everyone else said. Put in Othello to give Parker a hard foul and let him know when mean business in the paint and in our house. You not gonna come to Atlanta and do what the hell you want. But i guess Woody doesnt think like the rest of us.

If we pulled Speedy out of his suits and played him... where will he fit in the rotation. After watching Parker scorch us last night, we need some defense from the pG position.

Good point D...personally I don't have any inside info on Speedy's knees...but I do know one thing from watching...when we first got Speedy he was so fast that Utah had to change who was bringing the ball upcourt - Speedy was much too fast for Deron.

So I don't really hold the Speedy deal agianst BK.

shoot the Doctors.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member
Speedy's d would be an asset for us but we will never let him play. The Hawks want insurance to pay for his salary.

Cap, Honestly, this is the hardest part to understand.. I guess you call it cheap owners... but my thinking is if Speedy is really healthy, he's the best defender we have in the backcourt. I think what we have here is cheapness and punishment. The owners will not let Speedy snooker anybody else into a big contract by playing 1.5 years after missing 3.5 years.

Fortunately, in the east, there's no Tony Parker like PGs we have to contend with until we see Cleveland. And in my heart, if you take the refs out of the equation, I think we are a better team than Cleveland. But I'm scared of Philly.

Speedy can't play !

Turn the page !

UCLA's Collison sure would be a nice fit on this team. He could defend the quicker PGs better then any one we have..............just as long as he doesn't have to defend Maynor...LOL.

Seriously though, Collison would be ideal here.

It all depends what the GM and coach think of Law.

Good call Diesel !

I owe you an apology.