• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow, it seems like the fans are cheering more for the Lakers

capstone21

Thats pretty the case Cap. Thats why i didnt even try to go to this game because hawk fans would be outnumbered and the overall vibe would be frustrating and annoying. People are just bandwagon groupies.

That's just it. Instead of complaining about not having enthusiastic Hawks fans in the arena, why don't you go and be one of them? Whenever I go to Hawks games, I'm always the loudest person out of all the people sitting around me.

I try to go to to a lot of Hawks games. I went to 31 Hawks games last year despite not being a season ticket holder, but this year I have only been to 9. I plan to be a season ticket holder next season though.

• Admin
That's just it. Instead of complaining about not having enthusiastic Hawks fans in the arena, why don't you go and be one of them? Whenever I go to Hawks games, I'm always the loudest person out of all the people sitting around me.

I try to go to to a lot of Hawks games. I went to 31 Hawks games last year despite not being a season ticket holder, but this year I have only been to 9. I plan to be a season ticket holder next season though.

If I lived in Atlanta I would have season tix. However, I would actually be cheering for the Hawks.

If I lived in Atlanta I would have season tix. However, I would actually be cheering for the Hawks.

the hawks fans were louder than normal though... it was like you could TELL they were trying to combat the bandwagon children. Especially when Mario West was doing a solid job guarding Kobe... next season- we all need to buy tickets in bulk earlier- and go rep for the home team... I'm a vocal fan anyway....lol

i've already got some nice photshop logos to put on signs for the playoffs- one for each potential opponent--- let me know if yall need it! haha. im going to print them out and hand them to some young fans when i go.

I thought it was just me, but the chants of "Luuuuke" sounded like Staples. Just face it. I was born and raised in Atlanta, so it pains me to say that we have awful sports fans. We'd rather beat traffic than cheer our team at the gun. We sell-out for Kobe and LeBron in hopes of what they may do. Totally illogically, an awful team comes into town, we have no care of what one of our players could accomplish, and Phillips has thousands of empties. I think the popularity of the NFL, Vick, and Arthur Blank's visibility swung us to a football town professionally after years of the Braves' dominance wanned, yet we still can't make it on time to the Dome when our defense needs our noise or when our phenomenal young QB wants to feel support after a big conversion on opening drives. Having a lot of transplants factors in, of course, along with a relatively young professional sports history compared to most major cities. But no other major city would dream of having Cubs fans basically punking us at the Ted or having such skewed attendance numbers depending on the visitor at Phillips. I get mad at times when we don't get national exposure when Metro Atlanta is more populated, interesting, and commercial than many cities that are better covered on the sports scene, but how can you blame the outlets when they see we don't care. You can't get headlining highlights when your venues are half empty or your fans are lifeless and unknowledgable. You can have a quality franchise, but your highlights come between the Marlins and Ottawa Senators. In the last block of Sportscenter, Stuart tells the nation "The Hawks own the longest win streak in the NBA right now." Really? The Suns' losing streak was covered in the intro. Atlantans who don't care about Georgia football could sure learn a lot from its fans, who help keep them relevant, respected, and thriving in the public's eye.

Edited by benhillboy

I thought it was just me, but the chants of "Luuuuke" sounded like Staples. Just face it. I was born and raised in Atlanta, so it pains me to say that we have awful sports fans. We'd rather beat traffic than cheer our team at the gun. We sell-out for Kobe and LeBron in hopes of what they may do. Totally illogically, an awful team comes into town, we have no care of what one of our players could accomplish, and Phillips has thousands of empties. I think the popularity of the NFL, Vick, and Arthur Blank's visibility swung us to a football town professionally after years of the Braves' dominance wanned, yet we still can't make it on time to the Dome when our defense needs our noise or when our phenomenal young QB wants to feel support after a big conversion on opening drives. Having a lot of transplants factors in, of course, along with a relatively young professional sports history compared to most major cities. But no other major city would dream of having Cubs fans basically punking us at the Ted or having such skewed attendance numbers depending on the visitor at Phillips. I get mad at times when we don't get national exposure when Metro Atlanta is more populated, interesting, and commercial than many cities that are better covered on the sports scene, but how can you blame the outlets when they see we don't care. You can't get headlining highlights when your venues are half empty or your fans are lifeless and unknowledgable. You can have a quality franchise, but your highlights come between the Marlins and Ottawa Senators. In the last block of Sportscenter, Stuart tells the nation "The Hawks own the longest win streak in the NBA right now." Really? The Suns' losing streak was covered in the intro. Atlantans who don't care about Georgia football could sure learn a lot from its fans, who help keep them relevant, respected, and thriving in the public's eye.

For those that were at the Boston series last year. You all know that the fans of atlanta were louder than any city in the country. we will be back for the playoffs!

For those that were at the Boston series last year. You all know that the fans of atlanta were louder than any city in the country. we will be back for the playoffs!

Now that's what I am waiting for. It amazes me that we are not having sell out games so late in the season. A guaranteed playoff spot. High potential for home court advantage yet when I go to the games I can move down to the empty seats below me during 3rd qrtr. Whats the deal.

This is true, for all the flack that the Hawks get for not having a home court advantage, it definitely showed up for us come playoff time. The atmosphere for the 3 games last year were electric to say the least, especially once the fans believed that the Hawks could actually beat the Celtics. The noise/scene rivaled that of when Golden State faced off with the Mavs.

I said that to say this: When Atlanta gets behind their teams, they really get behind them. It just doesn't happen as often as us hardcore fans would like.

I have had season tickets since they opened the building. It was the biggest crowd for an opposing team that I have ever seen at the Phillips. I think that the weekend date allowed more Laker fans from outside of metro Atlanta to attend the game. The Laker fans were acting like it was Christmas morning, half of them had a camera in hand to record their special event.

Two guys in my section were wearing full Laker warm-up uniforms ,the pants too. Isn’t there a Man-Law against wearing the pants?

It happens every year. The only good thing that come out of it. It make our overall attendance look a little better.

According to RealGM's wiretap today was record attendance for Phillips.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...endance_record/

I can't hate on other Atlanta fans too much if they fill the house in the playoffs like they did last year. Game 6 last year was just insane. Never thought I'd see that in Phillips.

The Lakers do that almost everywhere, they rarely play a "true" road game. Similar to the Steelers in the NFL, they takeover almost every stadium. Regardless, in the playoffs that won't happen, the Hawk fans will show up and be loud.

it seemed more about the lakers in teh first half

but for most of the second half it was all about the Hawks for the most part

especially the Bibby 3's and the Josh Smith block

i really enjoyed hearing that crowd roar...ive never seen alot of these players live before

very good game :D

Go Hawks!