• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mario West

TheDude

Although he played limited minutes, the defense he played on Kobe was probably the best defense i've ever seen played on Kobe. Better than all the other "Kobe-stoppers" out there. Mario was extremely quick to stay in front of him and didn't bite but at the same time kept a hand in his face. Just outstanding defense. Kobe getting a turn around fade away from 18 foot out can't be deter the defense played on him.

If he could get some type of offensive rythym where he wasnt such a liability, he could be an extremely valuable member of this team.

Play this man Woody!!!! There is our quick guard.

Mario sent a message to Kobe. "I dont care who you are im gonna d you up. I have 10mins to show my coach what i can do."

I think Mario actually set the tone. I mean if you are a hawk player or fan and didnt get hyped when Mario went out there, you must be dead.

Play this man Woody!!!! There is our quick guard.

Mario sent a message to Kobe. "I dont care who you are im gonna d you up. I have 10mins to show my coach what i can do."

I think Mario actually set the tone. I mean if you are a hawk player or fan and didnt get hyped when Mario went out there, you must be dead.

the hawks fans in attendance showed him some love for it, too...

i've been pulling for Mario- and he's getting some (limited) shine these days... as a Georgia Tech fan, i couldn't be more proud of the dude's energy.

When West is in and we have the ball, instead of watching the play, I like to watch how West is setting himself up, and get the timing right for a high flying offensive rebound.

He's the total definition of a spark plug. He's perfect for our squad because we go through lulls of playing without energy and playing lackluster. Mario remedies this problem for the team. Rio has no offensive game, though. He took that 18 footer yesterday and it had no chance. For him to be successful in the NBA, he has to be able to score in other ways than offensive rebounding. Although, his defense and energy may be enough for him to stick around.

Mario West should work with a shooting coach all off-season long.

If he could knock down open shots, he could be a serious contributor for this team logging real minutes in meaningful situations.

He is a guy who can boost the energy of this team and play that tenacious pesky defense. He's not afraid to take on a challenge.

We've seen him take the ball from Lebron James in the open court, we've seen him take it from Tony Parker in the open court, and we've seen him do a wonderful job on Kobe Bryant.

Folks those are 3 of the best players in the NBA.

• Premium Member

If he could knock down open shots, he could be a serious contributor for this team logging real minutes in meaningful situations.

He is a guy who can boost the energy of this team and play that tenacious pesky defense. He's not afraid to take on a challenge.

We've seen him take the ball from Lebron James in the open court, we've seen him take it from Tony Parker in the open court, and we've seen him do a wonderful job on Kobe Bryant.

I agree. Investing some time in Mario wouldn't be a bad thing. I think he has a place in the NBA because of his tenacity and him giving 100% the ENTIRE time he is on the court. He has that football mentality out there and it works for this team. I'd like to see him do a 1000-15000 shots a day routine that some of the better shooters use to get better. He can already handle it pretty good, but he could use some ball handling drills as well just increase his confidence a little. Any imrpovement the guy needs to make is on the offensive end as his defense is top notch. He really got into Kobe's jersey yesterday and had outstanding footwork on defense. But the Lakers virtually left him wide open on the offensive end yesterday with no worries. I'd love to see him have the ability to knock down the open midrange shot or the three to keep defenses honest.

Seems like Mario can't get any time in the second half. In my opinion we always play better when we rotate a few more guys in.

We never go deep on the bench in the second half.

Mario should definitely get more minutes. Woody's been subbing him in to perfection, lately. He definitely does a good job of d'ing up whoever the best player on their side is at the moment, and then he's always good for a great offensive play here or there. He's definitely earned some more minutes, hopefully. Maybe he'll be an x-factor for us come playoff time since we've used him so sparingly.

When West is in and we have the ball, instead of watching the play, I like to watch how West is setting himself up, and get the timing right for a high flying offensive rebound.

Yeah I do this as well. Rio's approach to the offensive end is Rodman-esque. Except that Rio is looking to jam the putback out of mid-air. :)

agreed....his defense isn't just some decent hussle defense that's better than average..when he plays defense under control like he did against kobe, he can be one of the top on-ball defensive players in the entire league..bruce bowen my arse.....this is why i think it's important for the Hawks to invest time in his offensive abilities....because i think that not only can he find a place on this team, i think he can be an important part of this team....it would be a wise investment in my opinion... give him 15 minutes per game, equally divided between in first half and second half with changes made depending on the game...

we should call him The Ice Bucket since he can cool off a hot scorer...........also one of the fouls called on him in that game was bs and he just put his hands in the air like "what i'd do?"..you know he gets no respect from the refs...

Woody- work on him in the offseason and play him this season to cool off the opposing teams guards...

I wish I had a video of Mario embarrassing Josh Howard last year. Also when it was the end of the game and the other team was dribbling out the clock Mario check knocking the ball out of bounds for no reason. Whenever he gets in the game for more than 10 seconds you can bank on at least one awesome play.