• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Were there suck chants for Wade?

Blunt91

yes, you heard right. I was there.

One thing that was really disturbing was some of the fans booing Wade when he

got up after he hit his head and laid on the floor for several minutes. Just classless, IMO.

Lots of folks were clapping respectfully when Wade got up (like they should), but there

were almost as many boos. If we want to become a true NBA city, we have to learn to act like one.

Edited by JackB1

yes, you heard right. I was there.

One thing that was really disturbing was some of the fans booing Wade when he

got up after he hit his head and laid on the floor for several minutes. Just classless, IMO.

Lots of folks were clapping respectfully when Wade got up (like they should), but there

were almost as many boos. If we want to become a true NBA city, we have to learn to act like one.

Tell that to Philiadelphia. They would have booed with absolutely no applause for Wade when he got up.

The booing started because they thought Wade was faking again, which i thought as well until I saw the replay.

I felt bad that he hit his head, as I never wish injury on anyone, but to tell the truth, i think he was milking it as well.

The booing started because they thought Wade was faking again, which i thought as well until I saw the replay.

I felt bad that he hit his head, as I never wish injury on anyone, but to tell the truth, i think he was milking it as well.

Yea they never once showed the replay on the big screen in the arena, so not too many people actually saw what happened since it happened kinda off the ball..

Yahoo is now running Josh's missed dunk on the front of their feature page and Holman has made national attention with these gems. Even when we run the other team off the court we get no respect. maybe we don't deserve it.

undefined

It just isn't fair. No matter what the Hawks do, the media looks to make us the badguy, or the inferior team.

Obviously the Hawks do wrong, but is it just me, or according to the media, the Hawks have never done anything right?

PLEASE do not try to make us like Philly, though... I agree that that part was in poor taste...

Oh God, no. Philly fans are the epitome of no class. Those fans went into a FRENZY when Michael Irvin injured his neck awhile back. No class at all.

But yeah, I was definitely disappointed in them booing Wade. Like the guy or not, you have to do the right thing in that situation.

But on the other hand, I do like the fact that Phillips Arena has actually become a hostile environment for the away team. I remember when it was the complete opposite a while back.

Probably. That's all he ever does is fake and milk injuries. He is just another PP.

Makes me proud of our fans.

I was booing my heart out, under the assumption that he was faking it and/or excessively milking it as he does every time he gets a scratch. I have never booed an injured player before, but I don't particularly feel bad about it. This is war and the whole point of home court advantage is to make it as pleasant as you can for your team and as uncomfortable as you can for the other team. I have never seen an injury booed at Philips before, and it is obvious that people were booing because of him being a baby / drama queen / whiner, and not rejoicing at his injury. Everyone in the building knew he'd be back in the game looking fine in a matter of minutes, and of course that was the case.

If you can't boo Wade when he's faking an injury, you can hardly ever boo Wade. D-Wade sucks!!