• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It would've been better for us to lose to Miami

AtLaS

This is pure torture.

Only if you let it be. There are a couple of players on this team that i really like. That's about it. The organization is garbage. I'm not crowing about this, but I said 4 years ago, and from the minute I got on this site, that this would happen in just this way. Anyone who's ever played for a coach... or really listened to Hubie Brown, would know that this is what happens with a "coach" like Mike Woodson.

Don't let the losses bother you... they don't bother him.

Only if you let it be. There are a couple of players on this team that i really like. That's about it. The organization is garbage. I'm not crowing about this, but I said 4 years ago, and from the minute I got on this site, that this would happen in just this way. Anyone who's ever played for a coach... or really listened to Hubie Brown, would know that this is what happens with a "coach" like Mike Woodson.

Don't let the losses bother you... they don't bother him.

All I know is that Mike Woodson is supposed to be a defensive coach, but his defensive scheme sucks. It's the same thing every game. During halftime, Avery Johnson said that switching everything is a very dangerous scheme, yet, we continue to do it and get burned by it routinely. I'm CONVINCED that Woody is not the man for this team.

All I know is that Mike Woodson is supposed to be a defensive coach, but his defensive scheme sucks. It's the same thing every game. During halftime, Avery Johnson said that switching everything is a very dangerous scheme, yet, we continue to do it and get burned by it routinely. I'm CONVINCED that Woody is not the man for this team.

I've been convinced for 4 years. Welcome to the show.

I've been convinced for 4 years. Welcome to the show.

Don't get me wrong, I never really cared for him. However, after what the Hawks did in the playoffs last year, I only though it was proper to give him another season or two to see what he could do. However, based upon how poorly the Hawks play on the road, and looking at how we have a poor offensive system AND a poor defensive scheme, Woodson doesn't even deserve another year. He's not good at any phase of the game. I know he doesn't have the type of team that can actually win a championship, but he's also not the type of coach that can win a championship. He's not the type of coach that can maximize a team's potential. If anyting, he minimizes the team's potential with his dumb "strategies."

I think Woody and Josh Smith fail to relate because they can't decide who is dumber between the two.

This playoff BS is such a facade. If we were in the West we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. As it stands we made the playoffs only to embarrass ourselves.

The fact that simply making the playoffs, even though HALF OF THE ENTIRE LEAGUE makes it in, keeps Woody in Atlanta is enough to make me crazy. The guy is simply awful as a coach.

No constant embarrassment on national TV, and a good chance Woody gets fired.

I just can't take watching this...

So, would have it been better to not be in playoffs at all?

So, would have it been better to not be in playoffs at all?

I know you didn't ask me, but I am giving you my answer.

ABSOLUTELY.

What is the point of making the playoffs if the team beats a 1 man Miami team in 7 (while getting blown out on the road and having national media laughing at your offensive "gameplan"), then getting swept by Cleveland with an avg margin of loss of over 20?

What good is making the playoffs if it doesn't do anything to actual improve your team. If anything this playoff stretch sets us back.

Woody needs to be fired, simple as that. A new coach for this team would do wonders, and I don't even care who the hell it is as long as it isn't Mike Woodson. It's no secret that Smoove doesn't get along with Woody either, this just builds even more drama within the team. Get rid of this damn coach already.

I know you didn't ask me, but I am giving you my answer.

ABSOLUTELY.

What is the point of making the playoffs if the team beats a 1 man Miami team in 7 (while getting blown out on the road and having national media laughing at your offensive "gameplan"), then getting swept by Cleveland with an avg margin of loss of over 20?

What good is making the playoffs if it doesn't do anything to actual improve your team. If anything this playoff stretch sets us back.

Sitting at home doesn't set us back?

Look, if we didn't make the playoffs, the same threads, and same topics would be discussed. Nothing would be different. Woody is Satan, Joe is soft, whatever.

As a fan, I enjoy seeing the team in the playoffs, not matter the situation. We're in the final 8 left in the NBA. Obviously I'm bummed, but the Hawks still have a couple of games (hopefully more) to save some face here. I'm hoping they do, and happy that they have the opportunity.

Winning the Miami series was a step in the right direction. I would not take that back. This does hurt though watching these games and now knowing we will prolly miss 3 of our 5 best players back in Atlanta where at full strength we could take 2 from these guys.

Hello,

While watching the Hawks on the road is often comparable to Chinese Water Torture, are these road games really that much different than our past two playoff series? I am honestly cautiously optimistic that we are going to be a different team when we take the floor at Phillips Arena. Obviously, the injuries to JJ, Horf, and Marvin are cause for concern. However, I have a sneaking suspicion JJ is going to be a different player in Atlanta. Judging by the comments he has made, I fully expect him to suit up in Game 3.

Cheers,

JJ

Edited by Jungle Jack

Winning the Miami series was a step in the right direction. I would not take that back. This does hurt though watching these games and now knowing we will prolly miss 3 of our 5 best players back in Atlanta where at full strength we could take 2 from these guys.

Yea. I too am glad we beat Miami...

• Premium Member
Yea. I too am glad we beat Miami...

"Better to be in the playoffs and lose than to not be in the playoffs at all"

Like most Hawks fans, I don't like the way we are losing. But I would rather the Hawks be 'relevant' and have a 'slight' chance of winning the NBA title than sitting at home saying, "Woulda, coulda, shoulda".