• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby looking for long expensive contract so Hawks will go after Sessions

NJHAWK

I'm not so sure Sessions is an upgrade over Bibby. Whatever PG we go after will have to have some shooting ability AND some ghostly outline of defense or it will be a step backwards. I'm throwing price out of the window when I say that though because if Bibby does want a long term expensive contract at the age of 31, Sund will NOT bring him back. It would be nice to have him around though, but as a security blanket while we groom the PG of the future, whoever that may be. I just refuse to disregard the value of getting 15ppg and 5 apg from the PG position in the NBA.

How will it be a step backwards? Ramon Sessions is a playmaker and great rebounder at the PG position. I believe he will be a triple double (or close to a triple double lol) machine with us. He has a fantastic mid range shot and is young so him gaining 3 point range is not too far fetched. Ramon Sessions can give us 15-5 given stater minutes easily, so we will not be missing out at all.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How will it be a step backwards? Ramon Sessions is a playmaker and great rebounder at the PG position. I believe he will be a triple double (or close to a triple double lol) machine with us. He has a fantastic mid range shot and is young so him gaining 3 point range is not too far fetched. Ramon Sessions can give us 15-5 given stater minutes easily, so we will not be missing out at all.

Woody wouldn't let him average that because he wouldn't touch the ball.

Teams are going to back off Sessions and he is going to have to knock down open shots like Bibby did. I dont think he can so the ? will be can he dominate going to the basket even in 4th quarter win time of key games to make up for the big shots Bibby hits?

Woody wouldn't let him average that because he wouldn't touch the ball.

Great point as well, does Woody have the patience to let Sessions grow with this offense or will we be trading for an Anthony Johnson type by Jan. Whats going to happen when Woody and Sessions clash? Will Sessions have the balls to tell Woody to shut the F up like Bibby did? Would Woody be as lenient with Sessions as he was with BIbby even though Ramon is not a proven vet like Bibby is? Bottom line: will all this ruin Sessions confidence?

Edited by NJHAWK

I would love to get Sessions, as long as we aren't planning on keeping Acie. If that's the case, I'd rather us sign Sessions to the MLE and trade Acie for a first rounder.

With our first pick, draft BJ Mullens. With our second first round pick, draft Terrence Williams. Maybe then we wouldn't have to sign Marvin allowing us to have more budget room this offseason to extend JJ and maybe even Horford?

Well I don't see Bibby coming back, but i've been playing the Association Mode on NBA2K9, and after every season the assistant GM's auto-sign Sessions :D This has happened 3 times.

COULD IT BE A SIGN????

Well I don't see Bibby coming back, but i've been playing the Association Mode on NBA2K9, and after every season the assistant GM's auto-sign Sessions :D This has happened 3 times.

COULD IT BE A SIGN????

I don't know but when you consider that I can only think of Philly, Portland, us and maybe Dallas if Kidd leaves as teams that are looking for a starting PG and are able to offer full MLE, it only makes sense why his name keeps coming up.

I would love to get Sessions, as long as we aren't planning on keeping Acie. If that's the case, I'd rather us sign Sessions to the MLE and trade Acie for a first rounder.

With our first pick, draft BJ Mullens. With our second first round pick, draft Terrence Williams. Maybe then we wouldn't have to sign Marvin allowing us to have more budget room this offseason to extend JJ and maybe even Horford?

Mullins? If a 7 footer is still around at 19 it is because he is a stiff. I'd rather draft Tyler.

Mullins? If a 7 footer is still around at 19 it is because he is a stiff. I'd rather draft Tyler.

Mullens will be dropping because of the fact that he's raw and two years away from being 'ready' for the NBA. If we are set in all the starting positions, and have re-signed Flip / Zaza to solidify the bench, I would be willing to invest in Mullens.

You talk about stiff? Tyler Hansbrough really does not have that high of a ceiling in the NBA anyways. I would not want Tyler on this team at all.

COULD IT BE A SIGN????

Isn't this the same method the Hawks used to sign Bibby? :computer8:

• Premium Member

Would something like this work?

Sessions is likely to make something in the neighborhood of $5-$6 mil. (As I understand it, he can max out with Milwaukee at $42m over six seasons, or could make more if a team with cap space blew all or most of it on him, but it seems safe to say for the sake of argument here that that's about where to peg him.)

At that amount, per the earlier conversation with Dolfan and having read a little more on Coon, we could do an SnT with MIL, but the could only take back something in the neighborhood of $3 mil depending on the structure of the deal (--there are restrictions in years 1 and 2, but those are essentially removed for the years thereafter).

The most logical player to move in that case would be Acie, who could count about $2.7m.

MIL wouldn't ordinarily make that deal, except that that might be their best option under the circumstances.

But let's say that there might be another team who would enter the competition.

This is where having Speedy and/or the #19 pick to dangle in a separate but complementary trade may make it difficult to turn us down.

Thoughts?

Sessions is likely to make something in the neighborhood of $5-$6 mil. (As I understand it, he can max out with Milwaukee at $42m over six seasons, or could make more if a team with cap space blew all or most of it on him, but it seems safe to say for the sake of argument here that that's about where to peg him.)

At that amount, per the earlier conversation with Dolfan and having read a little more on Coon, we could do an SnT with MIL, but the could only take back something in the neighborhood of $3 mil depending on the structure of the deal (--there are restrictions in years 1 and 2, but those are essentially removed for the years thereafter).

The most logical player to move in that case would be Acie, who could count about $2.7m.

MIL wouldn't ordinarily make that deal, except that that might be their best option under the circumstances.

This is where having Speedy and/or the #19 pick to dangle in a separate but complementary trade may make it difficult to turn us down.

Thoughts?

Sounds doable at first glance. I do like the idea of Sessions.

Couple of questions:

1) How does Sessions fit in with Woodson's offense? I thought Sessions is a drive and dish sort of guy. Woodson hasn't shown he's willing to use that sort of player

2) I am still not comfortable with trading our pick unless we get someone that is still on their rookie contract. That 19 pick gives the Hawks a cheap bench player. Those sorts of players are critical to the teams success. However, there may be a trade there that works well for the Hawks (deepening the bench while keeping cap sanity).

Thoughts?

Yep I think we'd have to get a 3rd team involved in order to make it happen since we're over the cap and I don't believe you can use your MLE in a SnT deal but Acie for Sessions seems like a pretty good deal for both teams under the assumption that Milwaukee doesn't plan to keep Sessions.

• Premium Member
Yep I think we'd have to get a 3rd team involved in order to make it happen since we're over the cap and I don't believe you can use your MLE in a SnT deal but Acie for Sessions seems like a pretty good deal for both teams under the assumption that Milwaukee doesn't plan to keep Sessions.

Hmmm... really?

As I understand it, Sessions would count something close to $2.5 mil, which is easily within the 125% of Acie's salary for 09-10.

Edited by sturt

Hmmm... really?

As I understand it, Sessions would count something close to $2.5 mil, which is easily within the 125% of Acie's salary for 09-10.

Milwaukee could only take back half of whatever his new salary would be ($2.5) but we'd have to be able to absorb his entire salary ($5 million) which is why most BYC trades require a 3rd team to be involved OR if the deal were expanded to include bigger salaries on each side we could get that $2.5 million difference to be within the 125% plus 100K or whatever it is.

then watch Acie be better than Sessions was in Milwaukee