• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Amare for Smith rumors seem to be heating up according to ESPN!

JTB

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for great deals but I don't want to make an Amare trade just to make a trade, thats stupid. I love our young core and hope we stand pat, however if we are to make a push for Amare or even Bosh here are the trades I would consider..

Smoove + Evans

or

Horford + Evans

There is no way is hell I would give up Teague and Smoove or Horford..that would just be robbery by the Suns......Like I said I hope the Warriors move forward and make the Amare deal, I'd rather stand pat and move forward with our pieces.

ps Also wondering why in the world do the Suns wanna trade Amare within their division to the Warriors? They would have to face him multiple times a year...thats just dumb. If I were the Suns, I'd wanna send him out East so he wouldn't wanna punish me everytime he faced me. :no-no:

The old Suns couldn't get to the finals so how is a poor man's Suns going to get anywhere near the finals?

i've been thinking about this lately. under d'antoni, the suns played plenty of offense, but little to no defense. with woody, we have good defense, and hot and cold iso joe offense. somewhere in there lies a balance that could get us closer to the finals. would woody be able to get amare and crawford to turn their defense up a tick or two? or would his coaching be more likely to just suffocate their offensive abilities? bibby wasn't any good defensively after getting here, but was his game any different at either end of the court from before he got here? more importantly, how much different is joe's o and d since he came over from the suns. they didn't play d in phx when he was there, but he's a good defender now, on top of being the primary offensive weapon. i'm just asking, cause honestly i hadn't played that much attention to joe or bibby before they were here.

I love Josh but I probably wouldn't be mad if this happened. As long as we can resign Amare this would be good for us. Think about this guys. All the major teams have scoring threats down-low. Amare could be the piece we need to be just a little scarier in the Eastern confrence. I think we're better off having amare guarding KG or Dwight then Josh. I love Josh and I want to keep him but Amare does give us star power and an additional threat. You can never have to many threats on offense. Look at the Lakers for proof.

The teams biggest weakness is interior d and rebounding. Don't see how Amare can help that out. They won't make a move until they see how Smith does in Las Vegas.

Amare is bigger and is a better rebounder than Josh. Josh's weakside shot-blocking makes him very needed to us.

Amare is bigger and is a better rebounder than Josh. Josh's weakside shot-blocking makes him very needed to us.

Josh weakside blocking is key. But Amare scoring and being a #1 option is a lot more important for what we have.

Josh weakside blocking is key. But Amare scoring and being a #1 option is a lot more important for what we have.

True and they both average 1 block a game. We need Amares scoring and along with JJ, Jeff, Marv, and Al we have alot of different things we can do on offense.

True and they both average 1 block a game. We need Amares scoring and along with JJ, Jeff, Marv, and Al we have alot of different things we can do on offense.

i havent heard anything online or anywhere else besides ESPN this morning. im pretty sure nothing is going ot happen

How many young teams can you name that kept 4-5 young players together for years ? That pretty much is a fantasy video game way of thinking . That they all will grow at the same rate and that they all will reach their potential.

It would be pretty naive of Sund to think that all our team needs is seasoning.

Potential doesnt win championships and its not like Amare is 30+ hes 27 .

How would Amare make our defense worse he blocks shots at the same rate and is a pretty good help defender in his own right. We would trade away some perimeter defense versatility but add a player who we could go to when our outside shots are not falling. We are talking about someone who lives in the paint who makes over 80% fta and is top ten in the league in fta .

Amare would actually balance the way this team plays and I would rather balance it out and take my shot now with flexibility to quickly retool than to sit back in the middle of the pack and watch our window close .

My God, what sense and reason. I'm not passionate about either side here, falling slightly to the side of *trade for Amare*, but I admire your well constructed argument, and I wish to see more of the same on this board.

Actually, on the subject of the trade, I'd almost do it just so I don't have to see "smoooove" brick another 3 pt attempt on another crucial wasted possession.

i've been thinking about this lately. under d'antoni, the suns played plenty of offense, but little to no defense. with woody, we have good defense, and hot and cold iso joe offense. somewhere in there lies a balance that could get us closer to the finals. would woody be able to get amare and crawford to turn their defense up a tick or two? or would his coaching be more likely to just suffocate their offensive abilities? bibby wasn't any good defensively after getting here, but was his game any different at either end of the court from before he got here? more importantly, how much different is joe's o and d since he came over from the suns. they didn't play d in phx when he was there, but he's a good defender now, on top of being the primary offensive weapon. i'm just asking, cause honestly i hadn't played that much attention to joe or bibby before they were here.

Amare is not good enough to get this team to the finals. He is still not enough to make the hawks better than Orlando who are probably also going to sign Sheed.

My God, what sense and reason. I'm not passionate about either side here, falling slightly to the side of *trade for Amare*, but I admire your well constructed argument, and I wish to see more of the same on this board.

Actually, on the subject of the trade, I'd almost do it just so I don't have to see "smoooove" brick another 3 pt attempt on another crucial wasted possession.

It would almost be good besides that with Amare the Hawks are still a 4th place team.

Amare To Golden State Talks Continue, But Pace Slows

Jun 27, 2009 3:09 PM EST

The Amare Stoudemire to Golden State talks have continued since Thursday, but are moving at a slow pace.

"Dialogue has been had, but nothing relevant," said one executive involved in the talks.

Amare To Golden State Talks Continue, But Pace Slows

Jun 27, 2009 3:09 PM EST

The Amare Stoudemire to Golden State talks have continued since Thursday, but are moving at a slow pace.

"Dialogue has been had, but nothing relevant," said one executive involved in the talks.

Sounds good for us. So don't expect a real update until maybe Monday-Wednesday of this week. They seem to have to get rid of Amare and other than us and the Warriors (trade dead) I don't see anyone else doing this.

I heard one of the espn guys today said Memphis was talking to Pho about Amare as well.

I read that too but I think that was predraft. Something about Amar'e for number 2 and Rudy Gay. Pheonix is trying to fleece teams for a guy with an injury history and little chance of resigning just anywhere.

i think whats getting lost in this whole thing is that whether we trade for Amare or we keep Smith and even if we keep Bibby, we aren't going to beat Orlando, Cleveland, and a healthy Boston (maybe them actually). That isn't a championship team. So if you make a deal, you would have to do so knowing that the risk you take won't be well-timed unless you pick someone else up or keep Amare long enough to pick someone else up later. So if you aren't going to not only grab Amare but also get another player to cover a weakness (perimeter defense for example), then you are making the trade (and risk of Smith blowing up) for nothing.

If you make this trade Sund, you must be sure A)you think this team can compete for the championship(it probably cannot) or B) go get another player in addition to Amare that can get us over the top.