• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic unlikely to match offers for Gortat

exodus

The Gortat issue really drives home the problem with the Hawks ownership.

Gortat essentially gets to choose whom he'll play for next season. Everyone can offer about the same thing- the MLE.

What is going to make the difference is which team he likes. A big factor in that will be the winning and dinning that goes on. If we were talking about the Falcons, Gortat would be signed by tomrrow evening. Say what you will about Blank, but the guy can close a deal with a FA fast. He just doesn't let a targeted guy leave Atlanta without a contract.

I don't see the ASG as ever doing that. Maybe Gearon can learn and wine and dine Gortat and woo him over to signing with the Hawks <Shrug>

Nonetheless, Sund and the gang need to see what they can do to get Gortat as he's the best option for FA big men. The next prize is probably Z, then McDyess or Wilcox.

We are over the cap when you account for cap holds. All we have is the MLE to offer other teams FA's if we want to keep the rights to our FAs like Bibby, ZaZa, Marvin, etc.

If we renounce the rights to ALL of our free agents then we have only have $12 mill in cap space. We could burn $7 mill on Gortat but then we would have only $5 mill and the MLE to fill out the roster since we could not go over the cap to sign other team's FA.

It can be done if we REALY want Gortat at all cost. It will cost us the rights to Marvin and Chillz (their cap holds are so high they would have to be renounced), and we definately lose at least one of Bibby and ZaZa.

I would prefer to try to offer him the MLE so we have the flexibility to sign our own free agents rather then puting all our eggs the Gortat's basket.

What about signing David Anderson? Where does he fit in?

He's made less than Solo salary wise. Only advantages I see going against NY is cost of living. If that's not an issue for Gortat, don't see him giving the team much consideration. When you see Darko being in the way of being a starter in MSG...

what? really? you are willing to blow 6 mill for gortat? sounds like a suicide deal to me.

With Yao gone for, possibly, a long time, the price for centers just went up.

I'd be willing to gamble on this one. What do you think he's worth? :magnifier:

Miami will have to go into the luxury tax to match any offer for Joel Anthony.

I'd offer him the LLE for two years. Solid role player.

Agreed, solid defender and shotblocker off the bench for cheap but I guess he's not as sexy around here as that other "Canadian" centre.