• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: McDyess not Zaza or Gortat

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion we need to get McDyess. He is physical and can play down low. ZaZa and Gortat are just fringe bench players, and neither could make a layup if their lives depended on it. ZaZa did play some good minutes in the playoffs with hustle but let's face the truth here he is not a very good player. I would take Zaza over Gortat anyday though.

I also think there is no way we should let Josh Smith be traded, he WAS the best player on the team in the playoffs, bar none.

So, let's go get McDyess, he should be our free agent pickup of the summer.

Great, another undersized frontcourt player.

Gortat scored 11 ppg per 36 minutes shooting 56% which is comparable to Horford. If he can't make a layup if his life depended on it what does that say about Horford?

Gortat's rebounding a shotblocking numbers are far better than Horford's and Zaza's.

Gortat scored 11 ppg per 36 minutes shooting 56% which is comparable to Horford. If he can't make a layup if his life depended on it what does that say about Horford?

Gortat's rebounding a shotblocking numbers are far better than Horford's and Zaza's.

I'm with Ex on this one, we need to address Center not adding another PF. Zaza is our main goal because he is the most attainable and affords us more flexibility but I would consider Gortat as an upgrade to him. Only if Zaza is taken care of will I bother to think of McDyess.

not true... we still need a back up PF as well as back up C. We only have Smith, Horford, and Morris. Some writer stated that you need 5 quality bigs to seriously compete for a title and right now we barely have 2 since Smith likes to play outside the paint so much. Morris really doesnt even count cuz he barely does anything at all. Do you want to rely on Solo and Hunter to our bu PF?

We could use a vet like Mcdyess as well as Zaza or Gortat, even somebody like Joe Smith would help.

Regardless of who we acquire, we need to add 2 more Bigs to our roster b4 the season starts, point blank.

not true... we still need a back up PF as well as back up C. We only have Smith, Horford, and Morris. Some writer stated that you need 5 quality bigs to seriously compete for a title and right now we barely have 2 since Smith likes to play outside the paint so much. Morris really doesnt even count cuz he barely does anything at all. Do you want to rely on Solo and Hunter to our bu PF?

We could use a vet like Mcdyess as well as Zaza or Gortat, even somebody like Joe Smith would help.

Regardless of who we acquire, we need to add 2 more Bigs to our roster b4 the season starts, point blank.

We all understand that but we need a center first then we can worry about our PF position. We need size first then we can worry about aquiring any more 6'9" forwards.

• Premium Member

What's going to help more... Size or experience. Gortat is not going to help our youngs figure out the game. He's going to come in and be just as inexperienced as they are. Our frontline didn't get beat up because of a lack of size, but mainly because a lack of experience. They didn't know what the hell Cleveland was doing and they had no clue how to stop it. Mcdyess would be that Terry Pendleton type guy in our lineup who brings good play and experience.

he probably has enough left to help us. His age is actually a good thing for us though because we can get him for cheap and still have money for other areas.

We all understand that but we need a center first then we can worry about our PF position. We need size first then we can worry about aquiring any more 6'9" forwards.

What does the order matter as long as we fill our needs. we needed a center in the draft but they chose to add to our pg situation instead. In all realism tho, our biggest need is to sign a starting SF (whether its Marv or somebody else). i dont believe Joe is moving to the 3 at all, because that really changes our "chemistry" as a team. a term that has been floating out of everybody in our organizations mouth this off-season.

We have a long time before camp to fill our needs, I doubt it happens right away. but if u have the oppurtunity to fill a need you take it, whether its a PF, C, SF. we cant afford to lose out on talent because we are waiting for 1 or 2 players.

he probably has enough left to help us. His age is actually a good thing for us though because we can get him for cheap and still have money for other areas.

What does the order matter as long as we fill our needs. we needed a center in the draft but they chose to add to our pg situation instead. In all realism tho, our biggest need is to sign a starting SF (whether its Marv or somebody else). i dont believe Joe is moving to the 3 at all, because that really changes our "chemistry" as a team. a term that has been floating out of everybody in our organizations mouth this off-season.

We have a long time before camp to fill our needs, I doubt it happens right away. but if u have the oppurtunity to fill a need you take it, whether its a PF, C, SF. we cant afford to lose out on talent because we are waiting for 1 or 2 players.

If you walk into the new season with a 35 year old 6'9" PF as your only notable aquistion in your already undersized frontcourt you've failed as a GM. Our need as it pertains to the frontcourt is adding size. Regardless of Bibby, Flip or Marvin if we spend our limited resources aquiring a forward at the expense of Zaza or any other Center we will be looking at a long season. Mcdyess should be icing after we've addressed the Center position, if we miss out on him so what? There's plenty of cheaper and younger options out there at that position we can plug in the lineup but as always quality bigs are at a premium.

Brandon Bass can do what Mcdyess does but is 10 years younger and would be cheaper

i had to research on him, but yeah i would have to agree on the value.

i also came across Nesteravic and if Zaza and Gortat are asking for too much, I wouldnt be unhappy with him at all. A legit 7 footer, shoots a good % and gets boards. over his career he has been a decent rebounder, but that wasnt the case this year.

----------Mpg--FG-----3PT-----FT---OR--DR-TOT--A--S---B---TO---FL--PTS

Rasho

Career 22.8 0.501 0.077 0.588 1.9 3.4 5.3 1.1 0.4 1.1 0.95 2.80 7.0

Zaza

Career 21.2 0.457 0.000 0.737 2.2 3.4 5.6 1.0 0.7 0.3 1.44 2.70 7.7

Gortat

Career/

Season 12.1 0.559 1.000 0.583 1.5 2.9 4.4 0.2 0.3 0.7 0.39 1.70 3.7

If you walk into the new season with a 35 year old 6'9" PF as your only notable aquistion in your already undersized frontcourt you've failed as a GM. Our need as it pertains to the frontcourt is adding size. Regardless of Bibby, Flip or Marvin if we spend our limited resources aquiring a forward at the expense of Zaza or any other Center we will be looking at a long season. Mcdyess should be icing after we've addressed the Center position, if we miss out on him so what? There's plenty of cheaper and younger options out there at that position we can plug in the lineup but as always quality bigs are at a premium

True, what im saying tho is that if you have a good plan, it doesnt matter when you sign player A or player B, so long as they get signed. If you can get McDyess while waiting on Gortat or Zaza to shop themsleves around the league because they are in higher demand and are thus looking for the best deal, then do it. I never said bring in McDyess and thats gonna solve our frontcourt for this offseason. I want Zaza back, but if he is taking a long time then Sund would still have to be proactive in other areas. You cant put everything on hold for 1 guy. Dice is CHEAP so the money will still be there if we get him.

Bass would be good, but I like Leon Powe. He's coming off an injury and the Celtics might not even resign him. He also might come cheap b/c of the injury. He gives us a low post presence. I would be more concerned about keeping Zaza though... looks like Houston is going hard at Gortat

Edited by Theeyo

Brandon Bass can do what Mcdyess does but is 10 years younger and would be cheaper.

No way in hell......Brandon Bass will get a larger contract than McDyess, you can count on that...just because of the very fact you stated, he's 10 years younger.

Lets just get Dice, he's one of the most effecient players out there...I like Dice all around factoring in everything...money, on court #'s, off court leadership, just got it all and he's a warrior night in night out.