• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sheed says no thanks to Hawks

NJHAWK

Dam we helped him win a title, he could have at least stopped by for a visit.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2009/07/05/buye...age-3/#comments

Nobody worth a damn wants to sign here. This team is so damaged from all the losing, poor head coaching choices and poor ownership. It's as simple as that. The only players that are going to get picked up is players nobody else wanted. Thanks Billy Knight. We owe it all to you and the poor ownership.

Nobody worth a damn wants to sign here. This team is so damaged from all the losing, poor head coaching choices and poor ownership. It's as simple as that. The only players that are going to get picked up is players nobody else wanted. Thanks Billy Knight. We owe it all to you and the poor ownership.

You want some cheese with that whine?

Honestly people are crying over a 35 year old joining the geriatric club up in Boston. He wouldn't have been able to relate to our guys with their ipods and laptops with internets and whatnot. He's probably enjoying a shuffleboard game with Ray right now while KG walks in with his walker and Pierce rolls in with his wheelchair from the finals.

lol, Sheed.... he's done anyways and wants another ring before he retires.

Not worried about Sheed going to Boston. I don't think the Hawks missed out on a prize free agent either. If Sheed thinks Boston is the best place to win another ring, he chose wrong. The East has gotten so much better the last couple of years, and Boston is getting old, obviously.

If Sheed had wanted a shot at another ring, he should have looked hard at San Antonio. They were interested. Adding Jefferson made them contenders in the West again, not that they weren't already.

• Premium Member
Not worried about Sheed going to Boston. I don't think the Hawks missed out on a prize free agent either. If Sheed thinks Boston is the best place to win another ring, he chose wrong. The East has gotten so much better the last couple of years, and Boston is getting old, obviously.

If Sheed had wanted a shot at another ring, he should have looked hard at San Antonio. They were interested. Adding Jefferson made them contenders in the West again, not that they weren't already.

Though not in total disagreement with you, I do think that Jefferson is one of the most overrated players in the NBA... He's a hair better than Marivn IMHO... He's an upgrade over what they had though, and a healthy Ginobili is enough to propel them into contention.

Though not in total disagreement with you, I do think that Jefferson is one of the most overrated players in the NBA... He's a hair better than Marivn IMHO... He's an upgrade over what they had though, and a healthy Ginobili is enough to propel them into contention.

True. I agree. Duncan and Parker are pretty good. Add a healthy Ginobili, and you're contending. I do think Jefferson will add some talent and more depth.

Not a great fit here anyway.

Cost too much to bench and we don't want to stunt the growth of Horford. Sheed only has a few years left, might as well go to a championship contender.

By the time Sheed and the Celtics have nothing left in the tank 2-3 years from now, we should be really starting to peak

i believe in our core 100% .. i hate seeing all the fans who want to break our core of jj, marvin , smith and horford. we could win multiple championships with this team if we add the right pieces . hopefully crawford and teague can be

i believe in our core 100% .. i hate seeing all the fans who want to break our core of jj, marvin , smith and horford. we could win multiple championships with this team if we add the right pieces . hopefully crawford and teague can be

I do not believe in our core. To me we are like the Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, Curry, and Chandler Bulls. Do you know how many stars they could have brought in and screwed it up because they wouldn't trade Deng or Gordon? When the right deal comes along we need to make the trade. Don't be like the Bulls and turn down Kevin Garnett or Gasol. There are only a few teams that have attractive young players to package like we do. Get the star if the chance comes along.