• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen wants to come to NBA.

Chaze

Accordingly to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo (a reputable news outlet), David Andersen is finally joining the NBA and the Atlanta Hawks.

The Australian big man had a great season with Barcelona, in his first year in the Catalan club, culminating with the ACB championship and two great games in the Euroleague Final 4.

To sum it up briefly, the article states that Andersen can exercise a clause that allows him to walk to the NBA till the 15th July, that his dream was always to play for a NBA, that he's willing to play there for the same salary he earns in Europe (€2M), that the Hawks are interested on him to replace Zaza Pachulia, who's possibly leaving. His agent made no comments except to notice that Andersen's contract allows him to leave for the NBA without any payment.

link: http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2009/7/4/938...igning-with-the

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think he's replacing Zaza if he's only signing for 3 mil. What's that? Like half the MLE? We can still go out and get another solid bench player with the other half while still keeping Zaza(provided he signs for a reasonable price and we aren't over the luxury tax threshold)

• Premium Member
Accordingly to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo (a reputable news outlet), David Andersen is finally joining the NBA and the Atlanta Hawks.

The Australian big man had a great season with Barcelona, in his first year in the Catalan club, culminating with the ACB championship and two great games in the Euroleague Final 4.

To sum it up briefly, the article states that Andersen can exercise a clause that allows him to walk to the NBA till the 15th July, that his dream was always to play for a NBA, that he's willing to play there for the same salary he earns in Europe (€2M), that the Hawks are interested on him to replace Zaza Pachulia, who's possibly leaving. His agent made no comments except to notice that Andersen's contract allows him to leave for the NBA without any payment.

link: http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2009/7/4/938...igning-with-the

I'm still not seeing anything definitive. Nothing even that we didn't already know... just a few more websites picking up on the same info.

While I'm like anyone else who would like to see him finally come over, I'm no fan of using MLE on him.

• Premium Member

El Mundo Deportivo

It's the same article that was mentioned the other day. It does not say he is definitely signing with the Hawks. It says he wants to play in the NBA and is willing to come over for a similar salary to his Barca contract (~$2.8M US).

I'm not going to merge this, but I am editing the title.

The problem is things always get lost in translation. They could be saying these are things he could do or they could be saying these are the steps he has to take to play here but he will be playing here. For example lets use the recent agreement of Sheed to sign with Boston. We now know that he will sign there but in a euro paper they could say he will sign there like this: "Rasheed Wallace can sign a deal for the 5.8 mil next week if he chooses with the Boston Celtics if the Boston Celtics use their MLE on him". With this David Anderson article there is just no way to surely tell if they are saying he can and how he can or he will and how he will.

Edited by NJHAWK

Does the LLE still exist? Will it be near 2.8 mil and last can we use it and our mle? I mean can we get a better big prospect then Anderson that cheap? Why does he have to replace ZazA, WHY CANT WE HAVE BOTH if he will come that cheap.

Edited by NJHAWK