• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby is such a team leader

GameTime

I don't remember what the scenario was, but in the Heats series Bibby also got on Josh Smith's back because of how much he was complaining to the referees. He told him something like "stop complaining about the calls and just concentrate on how you play". I can't really see him saying shut the f*** up, it just looks like he says f***, but who knows if it was really directed to Woodson in that way? Mike Bibby was the leader and the conductor of this offense since he's been here. Watch the games and see how many times Bibby shows off his poise when the rest of the team is running around like chicken without heads and Bibby sets up a play and we score a basket.

Bibby is not a perfect PG, but I would take him on my team for many reasons including team chemistry, good leadership (this video is bologna), and three point range. He's also a good mentor to match with Jeff Teague as I'm sure Teague has a lot to learn from someone like Bibby. If Kidd or Nash is a hot commodity out there, then there's no reason for Bibby to be hated on this much.

I don't remember what the scenario was, but in the Heats series Bibby also got on Josh Smith's back because of how much he was complaining to the referees. He told him something like "stop complaining about the calls and just concentrate on how you play". I can't really see him saying shut the f*** up, it just looks like he says f***, but who knows if it was really directed to Woodson in that way? Mike Bibby was the leader and the conductor of this offense since he's been here. Watch the games and see how many times Bibby shows off his poise when the rest of the team is running around like chicken without heads and Bibby sets up a play and we score a basket.

Bibby is not a perfect PG, but I would take him on my team for many reasons including team chemistry, good leadership (this video is bologna), and three point range. He's also a good mentor to match with Jeff Teague as I'm sure Teague has a lot to learn from someone like Bibby. If Kidd or Nash is a hot commodity out there, then there's no reason for Bibby to be hated on this much.

Are you comparing Bibby to a Kidd or Nash?

If we sign Bibby to a one-year contract I have no problem with him coming back.

Are you comparing Bibby to a Kidd or Nash?

If we sign Bibby to a one-year contract I have no problem with him coming back.

exactly, 1 yr contract, cool but this 3-yr is a joke man! where are the hawks going the next three years? and then the other guy says bibby is great at conducting the offense?? what offense dude? Anyone can skip it up the court, pass and stand waiting for the 3...most anyone on this board can conduct the hawks offense, stop reaching. But I guess...Yeah let Teague watch Bibby/learn for a year. SMH i just don't see this team improving. Bibby is not that dude real talk

exactly, 1 yr contract, cool but this 3-yr is a joke man! where are the hawks going the next three years? and then the other guy says bibby is great at conducting the offense?? what offense dude? Anyone can skip it up the court, pass and stand waiting for the 3...most anyone on this board can conduct the hawks offense, stop reaching. But I guess...Yeah let Teague watch Bibby/learn for a year. SMH i just don't see this team improving. Bibby is not that dude real talk

Just because he is signed three years does not mean he will be our starting point guard for the next three years.

It kinda looks like he said f*ck midway through the sentence, but i don's think he was telling Woodson to shut the f*ck up just like that man. At least it doesn't really look like it. Besides, in all the interviews i've heard Woodson speak in regards to Bibby he has nothing but good things to say about him. I'm sure if Bibby was lashing out at him like that he wouldn't speak so highly of him. I know I've heard Woodson say negative stuff about Josh.

• Premium Member

For some strange reason Woodson loves the guy.

A couple Woody Quotes on Bibby:

"The fact that Bibby has gotten guys to buy into how he plays and how he leads says a lot", Woodson said. "He’s not a screamer or a yeller. That’s not his nature. It’s the subtle things he says and does on the floor and off that let guys know it’s time to get serious about what they’re doing. And that’s helped Joe. It breaks the locker room pressure.

"He’s been good for me, too. Because I can come in there all upset and he will instantly say, "Hey man, relax. Settle down and relax. Everything’s going to be alright.’ And I need that. It’s reassurance for me that they have things under control in there as veterans."

"I would love to have him back next year," Woodson said. "Mike Bibby is a big part of what we did this season. He came over last year and we don’t make the playoffs without Mike. We don’t win 47 games this year and sew up the fourth spot and host the first round at Philips Arena without Mike. I would love to have Mike back."

Doesn't this make woody seem a little weak? Keep in mind the the second quote was given after Bibby totally undermined his authority by openly disrespecting Woody and his assistant coaches. Not saying Woody should have trashed the guy but that definitely would have been a time to pull out some good ole coach-speak.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Hmm. If anyone can do what Mike Bibby can with this offense, then I wonder why this team didn't start winning until they got Mike Bibby in at the point guard position? Based on what you said, you would think that Ty Lue and Anthony Johnson could run the offense and not be a drop off from Mike Bibby.

• Premium Member

I don't see any incriminating evidence on that footage.

However, I asked Sekou directly who was the lockerroom leader and he said Bibby by a mile. I think it's a good thing to bring back Bibby because he has shown leadership. However, I still say at a range about 3 years 15-21 Million and i would even give Bibby a PO at year 3.

I am for getting Bibs back on a 3 year deal. Teague is probably not ready to give more than 18 minutes a night this year.

Next year Teague can step up and either start or be the 6th man. The following year, Teague is the starter and Bibby can be used in a trade. That seems like a reasonable scenario.

A second reason is leadership. As others have mentioned in the thread, Bibby appears to be the team's leader. The Hawks need a guy like Bibby to help the team get through the grind of a season.

However, the Hawks still need a more kick in the rear type of leader. Maybe that is what Horford will grow into this season.

Wait, I'm trying to keep up with the board trends...so now we hate Bibby?

I need to keep a log on this stuff.

Not everyone. People want to dump Bibby because of things out of his control...like age. We are forgetting he's a leader, a veteran, soon to be a mentor, and our head coach loves him.

Oh, he's not liked because he skips when he runs...??????

Not everyone. People want to dump Bibby because of things out of his control...like age. We are forgetting he's a leader, a veteran, soon to be a mentor, and our head coach loves him.

Oh, he's not liked because he skips when he runs...??????

Yep. People don't like Mike Bibby because he is 31, but they would rather have Andre Miller who is either 33 or 34. Mike is also one of the better jump shooting point guards in the league. The fact that he was the stabilizing factor in this team since the team traded for him is being ignored here.

• Premium Member
Wait, I'm trying to keep up with the board trends...so now we hate Bibby?

I need to keep a log on this stuff.

No! Bibby definitely a board favorite. I would bet my life that more than 80% of HS members want him back.

Hmm. If anyone can do what Mike Bibby can with this offense, then I wonder why this team didn't start winning until they got Mike Bibby in at the point guard position? Based on what you said, you would think that Ty Lue and Anthony Johnson could run the offense and not be a drop off from Mike Bibby.

LOL dude Ty lue? are u serious? that's weak! Both him and anthony had a rookie marvin williams and no Al Horford! they had peeps like Cedric bozeman. I think that guy was in my P.E. class. sorry, i didn't mean to bash your team savior in BIBBY! but according to u they started winning when they got bibby. really? I'm not the biggest hawks fan obviously, but I live in ATL now and I pull for the home team. If you're satisfied with fighting for seed 4 then fine. But deep down you know in this PG driven league now, Bibby won't carry you over cavs, magic, celtics, and yeah you got 47 wins, but other teams will get 47 wins also. It's progression, the hawks aren't the only team. lol I mean what do u have to lose with Teague starting from day 1? Either way with or w/o bibby you won't be the top 3 in the east! You're fighting the teams at the bottom like my Knicks. Let's just be real man

All Bibby does is skip the ball up the court and pass it to joe i one of the people also thinking we should let him go Teague/Crawford can easily do the samething but also with the bonus of penatrating and dishing. i mean common crawford average 4.4 assist bibby 5.0 really guys? Its not that hard to play point in woodson offense.