• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie vs Teague

Admin

Teague can play much bigger then his height suggest with his long reach and vertical.

I hope Woody makes him focus on defense b/c he has all the tools to be a heck of a defensive player if he decides too be.

Plenty of scorers in college change their game to adapt to the pros.

Just work on the catch and shoot shot and defensive fundamentals.............hopefully he picks up some natural PG instincts too but I never really expected him to be a conventional PG any way.

Teague seems to have some natural strength too with his bench press reps for his size is pretty good for a 20 year old ball player.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Teague has a VERY different game compared to Acie. The athletic measurements look kinda similar but Teague uses every bit of his athleticism on the court as far as explosiveness and leaping ability. Acie was quick, but Teague is on another level when it comes to explosiveness during the actual game. I think some fans may be surprised by the impact Teague has early on.

The biggest difference is Teague is excited to be here. Law on the other hand from day 1 I never got the impression he was excited to be here. Horford was very excited to be here from day 1. The Hawks were bad at the time excuse doesn't work.

I think Acie wanted to be here

The difference is that Woodson has already stated he likes Teague.

And Teague is a guy who does not show signs of being as timid as Law. When Acie Law got here he surprised me in the first game when he showed he had the ability to take people off the dribble in the NBA in the first game vs Dallas. But he shied away from that completely for most of the time he was in the game.

For Teague, that's his bread and butter. He's not afraid to take someone off the dribble, or even posterize them if they get in his way.

I think he basically plays with more confidence/heart/passion than Acie. And hopefully he can avoid the injury bug

I think Acie wanted to be here

The difference is that Woodson has already stated he likes Teague.

And Teague is a guy who does not show signs of being as timid as Law. When Acie Law got here he surprised me in the first game when he showed he had the ability to take people off the dribble in the NBA in the first game vs Dallas. But he shied away from that completely for most of the time he was in the game.

For Teague, that's his bread and butter. He's not afraid to take someone off the dribble, or even posterize them if they get in his way.

I think he basically plays with more confidence/heart/passion than Acie. And hopefully he can avoid the injury bug

this is what i'm talking about. Where was the sign that Law was timid coming out of A&M? exactly ,u don't have one and how do u know Teague will not be timid when he hasn't gotten to the point where Acie began shying away from action? I have to see it happen first before I realize that it was just Acie and not the cirmcumstances as a Hawk under woodson.

and Acie did want to be here, he even predicted that this was one of the better places for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70uxcDW3xM8

Edited by Cwell

The biggest difference is Teague is excited to be here. Law on the other hand from day 1 I never got the impression he was excited to be here. Horford was very excited to be here from day 1. The Hawks were bad at the time excuse doesn't work.

i remember acie being excited to be here. he just got stuck in that pile of crap salim left behind in the doghouse. even when acie got his 2 minutes of run he still had that crap stuck to his shoes.

The thing that worried me about Acie before his rookie season was his shot. His mechanics on his J looked strange to me in college.

When i went to a game in person and watched him shoot my fear was confirmed. His 3 pt shot is a total knuckleball. If i got in a shooting contest with him i would beat him easily. I wouldn't even need to practice.

As far as the rest of his game i think he is fine although i don't understand why he didn't shoot higher off the glass when he drove. Layinig it up just above the rim made his shots easy to block.

Teague did way better in Hollinger's projections for college players in the NBA (anyone have that link?).

I think that this is what you're talking about ...

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....mp;#entry389637

Jeff Teague has a projected PER of 12.5

Acie Law wasn't projected in the top 10 which is all that is shown but #10 had a rating of 12.73 so obviously he was rated below there somewhere.

The thing that worried me about Acie before his rookie season was his shot. His mechanics on his J looked strange to me in college.

When i went to a game in person and watched him shoot my fear was confirmed. His 3 pt shot is a total knuckleball. If i got in a shooting contest with him i would beat him easily. I wouldn't even need to practice.

i agree his shot was not pretty coming in as a rookie, but i thought this past season it was much improved.

Acie didn't have much potential and now we catch a glimpse of his ceiling as an NBA player. Their jumping ability suggest similar finishers but Teague is actually dunking on people standing just 6'1" and Acie never showed that type of ability.

Acie didn't have much potential and now we catch a glimpse of his ceiling as an NBA player. Their jumping ability suggest similar finishers but Teague is actually dunking on people standing just 6'1" and Acie never showed that type of ability.

Considering his 2.5" advantage with max vertical and .5" advantage with max reach he's able to get 3" higher than Acie but then he's 2" shorter so I guess that means he can only get 1" higher but he's clearly a better finisher than Acie is, I just hope he's strong enough to take the pounding in the paint that he'll likely struggle with a bit more than in college.

I don't go much by the measurements but I do find it surprising that Acie has a faster sprint. Was Teague known for his quickness?

Acie didn't have a faster sprint, Teague beat him by .04. Speed wasn't Acie's problem. it was his skills that came up short.