• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big-Ben anyone?!

T21

According to Hoopsworld, Suns will execute buy-out of Ben Wallace's contract and make him a FA!

Well, Wallace is going to get a hefty check and he won't be looking for lots of money... but perhaps another chance to play for a contending team!

That's where Hawks come into the picture... We're obviously looking to strenghten our front-court and Big-Ben would surely present valuable addition... His experience, muscle and defensive, self-less approach would fit in perfectly! Plus, I think he could be very affordable if not a bargain (knowing that he'll be bought out for some 10 mill...)... maybe 2/5 or similar...

Your thoughts gentlemen?

He's over rated. Wouldn't pay much.

if he goes anywhere on the cheap, it will be with either lakers, celtics, or orlando imo.

he would want to ride coattails to a possible championship, not be expected to be a contributing player in hopes of making it to semi finals or conference finals. he still wouldn't be enough to take us to the league championship.

Edited by bird_dirt

• Admin
According to Hoopsworld, Suns will execute buy-out of Ben Wallace's contract and make him a FA!

Well, Wallace is going to get a hefty check and he won't be looking for lots of money... but perhaps another chance to play for a contending team!

That's where Hawks come into the picture... We're obviously looking to strenghten our front-court and Big-Ben would surely present valuable addition... His experience, muscle and defensive, self-less approach would fit in perfectly! Plus, I think he could be very affordable if not a bargain (knowing that he'll be bought out for some 10 mill...)... maybe 2/5 or similar...

Your thoughts gentlemen?

for some toughness off the bench for 15 minutes a night....hell yeah.

He has the experience and he has won a championship.

He would be a nice addition.

Your thoughts gentlemen?

I would definitely want Ben Wallace to come off the Hawks bench. He can help on defense for sure and can get some rebounds too and bring toughness to our team. Dont forget he has a ring and has been to the championship twice. For cheap, why the hell not?? He can give us 15 min off the bench and 6 more fouls for a big..you guys are not thinking here..you guys would rather have Robert Swift and Andersen from overseas?? haha think again

Depends on the price, but I'd take him over some John Edwards/Esti Batista-esque bum who doesn't do anything.

Wallace is going to be less than a 0 on offense and his defense had declined immensely but he's still above average as a rebounder and shotblocker, so I suppose 10 minutes a game situationally wouldn't kill us if he can be had for the min.

I think people expect to get starter quality players coming off the bench, but it's not going to happen. Ben Wallace would be a great addition to our frontcourt, especially since we could use the toughness he brings. All we need him to do is rebound and block shots, and he was decent at that with Cleveland last year.

I actually think Ben Wallace is starting to become underrated. It seems like the consensus of NBA fans are thinking that he's washed up and can't produce anymore when in fact he can still play good defense. Obviously he declined ever since he went to Chicago, but Ben is one of the best backup defensive players on the league. If we can sign him for cheap, I'll be happy to have him. Another bruiser that won't back down from anybody but also can steer players away from the paint. He's an upgrade over any frontcourt player we have on the bench except for Z.

I actually think Ben Wallace is starting to become underrated. It seems like the consensus of NBA fans are thinking that he's washed up and can't produce anymore when in fact he can still play good defense. Obviously he declined ever since he went to Chicago, but Ben is one of the best backup defensive players on the league. If we can sign him for cheap, I'll be happy to have him. Another bruiser that won't back down from anybody but also can steer players away from the paint. He's an upgrade over any frontcourt player we have on the bench except for Z.

i agree but cheap would mean 2 mil at most

Agreed given 36 minutes he will still give you 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 1.5 steals. Obviously he won't give you many points, but he never did.

• Premium Member

I'm with chilz and cap on this one... he would add a toughness off the bench, and maybe it's real maybe it's just perceived, but like many, I feel having someone who's won a championship means something to young players.