• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Jamal Crawford Interview

GameTime

The guy on the radio the other day who was so complimentary about the Hawks made a strong point that JC is a really good guy. Supports the community. I like his attitude.

Wow.....how many times do you see a professional athlete speak that clearly and fluently and not scripted answers. This is a bright guy.

Also....how often do you see a top level player act that humbly. He's grounded, down to earth and seemingly very bright. This is a welcome addition to a young locker room.

• Like 2

Wow.....how many times do you see a professional athlete speak that clearly and fluently and not scripted answers. This is a bright guy.

Also....how often do you see a top level player act that humbly. He's grounded, down to earth and seemingly very bright. This is a welcome addition to a young locker room.

He's ready to win. He wants a chance to play in the playoffs! 10 years of losing will do that to a man. I hope he's not too bright, and calls out our coach for not implementing an offense. Had to get that jab in there, sorry Woody.

Yeah, the thing about Crawford is how can you realistically expect much more out of him than Flip provided last year? I'm not saying that Crawford won't be as good as Flip this year because Flip played out of his mind, but I don't see much improvement (if any) at the position of 6th man, and Crawford costs a lot more.

You conveniently left out A/T ratio. I think last year was an anomaly for Flip. If we resign him, I hope it wasn't. I really don't think he'll play as good. Also, Jamal Crawford is in a position that suits him as a player. Instead of being a main goto scorer, he can be that big spark off the bench. I think, barring injuries, his numbers will be a lot better. I think the only thing Flip has on Jamal was that Flip could make plays defensively, and I haven't seen that from Jamal. However, if Joe were to go out, I'd rather start Jamal Crawford than Flip Murray.

You conveniently left out A/T ratio. I think last year was an anomaly for Flip. If we resign him, I hope it wasn't. I really don't think he'll play as good. Also, Jamal Crawford is in a position that suits him as a player. Instead of being a main goto scorer, he can be that big spark off the bench. I think, barring injuries, his numbers will be a lot better. I think the only thing Flip has on Jamal was that Flip could make plays defensively, and I haven't seen that from Jamal. However, if Joe were to go out, I'd rather start Jamal Crawford than Flip Murray.

First of all, saying I "conveniently" left out the assist to turnover ratio is pretty laughable. Flip averaged 2 assists and 1.6 turnovers while Crawford averaged 4.3 assists and 2.3 turnovers. Given that his other numbers were actually better this does nothing to counter the argument that the difference in production will be negligible.

But I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I never said I would rather Have Flip. What I'm saying is that it's hardly an upgrade over last year to put Crawford in place of Flip because Flip had a big year last year.

edit: Unlike Hotlanta, though, I will hold out hope that his role as the 6th man on a playoff team will have a positive effect on him.

Edited by thefloydian

Flip had the best season of his career shooting the ball at the age of 29. Bibby also had a bit of a renaissance year shooting the ball so that leads me to a conclusion that either playing for Woody or next to JJ bodes well for a guard's production. Given that Crawford is a scorer beyond both Flip and Bibby's ability if the trend holds true he might have one hell of a season playing for us.

Flip had the best season of his career shooting the ball at the age of 29. Bibby also had a bit of a renaissance year shooting the ball so that leads me to a conclusion that either playing for Woody or next to JJ bodes well for a guard's production. Given that Crawford is a scorer beyond both Flip and Bibby's ability if the trend holds true he might have one hell of a season playing for us.

I hope you're right, but somehow I doubt it has anything to do with Woodson.

First of all, saying I "conveniently" left out the assist to turnover ratio is pretty laughable. Flip averaged 2 assists and 1.6 turnovers while Crawford averaged 4.3 assists and 2.3 turnovers. Given that his other numbers were actually better this does nothing to counter the argument that the difference in production will be negligible.

But I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I never said I would rather Have Flip. What I'm saying is that it's hardly an upgrade over last year to put Crawford in place of Flip because Flip had a big year last year.

edit: Unlike Hotlanta, though, I will hold out hope that his role as the 6th man on a playoff team will have a positive effect on him.

Not really. If you do the math, Jamal Crawford is nearly 2:1. While Flip Murray is nearly 1:1. The point I was making is..Flip is a blackhole on offense. At least Jamal Crawford will pass the ball instead of dropping it out of bounds.