Gerald Wallace 78

Tayshaun Prince 77

Tracy McGrady 77

Richard Jefferson 76

Michael Redd 76

Rashard Lewis 75

Greg Oden 74

Looks like a big load of crap to me.

No team without a star will be able to win against a team with a star.

Glad I didn't buy it yet..........will have to wait for some first hand reviews.

It's the same thing that they did in Madden, drastically lowering the ratings, so that they can create more of a gap between the best and worst players and I am definitely in favor of that.

I picked up the game at lunch so I plan on playing it tonight and I'll post about my experience, although as you all know it will probably be a good review since I enjoyed last years game and this years seems even better.

Okay so I'm just barely into my 1st game but I had to post about something that I absolutely LOVE which is they have the Hawks PA announcer Ryan Cameron yell out "Mike Bibby for threeeeeee" or whoever the player is when you're at home and make a three just like at the real Philips. I've also heard "J-Smoove with the jam" when Smith gets a dunk.

Some quotes about Josh Smith:

"The spirit of the great Dominique Wilkins lives within Josh Smith"

"Josh Smith is THE MOST athletic player in the game"

"He's got yeast and helium in those shoes because he can rise and float"

One of the things that is really cool is that they show your upcoming 5 games as well as the games for your opponent and they talk about your previous game and the performance of some of your players in that game during the next game.

The shooting system is very different and it seems a lot easier to score, if you take good shots.

The crowd reacts to the way the game is going. If you're playing poorly they will boo you, but if you're playing well they will really get into it and it affects the other team.

The menu system is pretty annoying to me how you have to hold down the stick and then press the button to move to a menu choice.

The shooting system is very different and it seems a lot easier to score, if you take good shots.

That is what I want to see. If taking away the ratings of good players makes it more difficult to score.

In 2K9 allstar players were playing against solid 80-85 rated guys and you could still score 50 points easily if you wanted. I am worried that it will be even easier to score vs. a guy rated 70-75.

That is what I want to see. If taking away the ratings of good players makes it more difficult to score.

In 2K9 allstar players were playing against solid 80-85 rated guys and you could still score 50 points easily if you wanted. I am worried that it will be even easier to score vs. a guy rated 70-75.

I'll tell you what, I'm sure that I suck compared to a lot of 2K players but I have really struggled thus far and I'm now 1 -3 with double digit losses to the Pacers (came back from down 33 to lose by 14) and then lost to the Lakers and Blazers on the road by 12 each, but I beat the Wizards by 10 at home. The Lakers, Pacers, and Blazers have all been able to put up a 30+ point quarter on me and that's been the difference in the game so I'm definitely have difficulty stopping the good teams from scoring. I might need to adjust the sliders if this keeps up for much longer.

I'll tell you what, I'm sure that I suck compared to a lot of 2K players but I have really struggled thus far and I'm now 1 -3 with double digit losses to the Pacers (came back from down 33 to lose by 14) and then lost to the Lakers and Blazers on the road by 12 each, but I beat the Wizards by 10 at home. The Lakers, Pacers, and Blazers have all been able to put up a 30+ point quarter on me and that's been the difference in the game so I'm definitely have difficulty stopping the good teams from scoring. I might need to adjust the sliders if this keeps up for much longer.

Dolf,

Thing is with the Hawks make sure you have your team defense set to contest shooters and switch when they drive. Don't know why, but they are always set to passive D.

Dolf,

Thing is with the Hawks make sure you have your team defense set to contest shooters and switch when they drive. Don't know why, but they are always set to passive D.

Thanks for the tip! Is that something that you have to set each game or can you set that as the default in the association mode?

I was able to make use of the save in game feature today since I didn't have time to finish my game at lunch so now I can go home and finish the game and wasn't late getting back to work at lunch time.

Just to make another statement about it the new menu system is incredibly annoying!!

This game is awfully frustrating. Not the gameplay because the gameplay is much improved from last year thanks to better court spacing and more realistic player personalities/tendencies, but the glitches are just atrocious. It constantly gets stuck for me during games and the framerate issues are definitely noticeable. At first when I heard about the lags, I didn't think it would be bad but my lags are pretty bad. It seems to happen more often in certain courts or at the end of the quarters. I heard they are making a patch right now to address these issues. If you are thinking of buying this game right now, I'm not saying you shouldn't. But I'm saying you should definitely wait until after the patch is released. I'm also disappointed not to see AJ Price in this game... he was drafted in the first round yet he's still not in Pacers roster. Maybe he didn't sign his contract while the rosters were being released... I don't know. But overall, the game is good. I've just been playing an Association with a fantasy draft with my brother while they fix up the game. Once the patch(es) are released and the lags/some of the glitches are fixed, I will start my Hawks season. I'm also waiting for the opening day roster update to come because the rosters that come with the game do'nt have Collins on the roster yet.

• Moderators

I'm also disappointed not to see AJ Price in this game... he was drafted in the first round yet he's still not in Pacers roster.

I am pretty sure Price was selected #52 overall - i.e., in the bottom of the second round. The three players picked directly in front of him: Sergiy Gladyr, Goran Suton and Jack McClinton. If they are in the game, you've definitely got a gripe.

Where do you change those settings at?

In the old menu, it was under the player matchups. You could set the individual assignments on the players. And also in the Coaching I think "Team Play" section in the out of game menu you could set the defensive philosophy for your team.

In the old menu, it was under the player matchups. You could set the individual assignments on the players. And also in the Coaching I think "Team Play" section in the out of game menu you could set the defensive philosophy for your team.

I think I've been through all of the menu's but I can't find anything about switching. I've been playing with the sliders and playing on All-Star level and I've been able to be more competitive now.