• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite Beers

DJlaysitup

Horrible choice for a 1st timer - but then again maybe not.

Seriously - if you just turned 21 and you don't drink - don't start.

That's my advice.

Ive BEEN drinking I just don't drink beer, don't like the taste n it takes to long to get a buzz.

• Moderators

Did you try it like this?

Success tonight!

I did three things I didn't focus on the first time:

(1) used a cold glass;

(2) put the spoon closer to the pale ale;

and

(3) made sure the pale ale had a head on it.

Tasty but I'm not sure it is better than just a straight Guiness.

Success tonight!

I did three things I didn't focus on the first time:

(1) used a cold glass;

(2) put the spoon closer to the pale ale;

and

(3) made sure the pale ale had a head on it.

Tasty but I'm not sure it is better than just a straight Guiness.

Haha well done ... and I agree with you a straight Guiness is certainly better. But if you drop a shot of Baileys in there it's practically perfection :)

• Moderators

Haha well done ... and I agree with you a straight Guiness is certainly better. But if you drop a shot of Baileys in there it's practically perfection :)

If you do that are you supposed to chug it like an "Irish Car Bomb" or just drink it?

If you do that are you supposed to chug it like an "Irish Car Bomb" or just drink it?

Yep you would chug it but you only fill the glass up halfway with Guiness so you can do that twice and still only have one glass of it since you're counting calories ;)

I am doing a 4 mile Guiness Run this weekend.

Over the 4 miles there are three stops where you have to drink a pint of Guiness before continuing.

What in the world?? Man you're going to be puking big time!

• Admin

That is hilarious!

Yeah, it is a good laugh. There is a different 5 K every month here, well a bar here in town decided to do their own version of that and instead its a 4 mile with Guiness Stops instead of water stops. A lot of people come out and take part in it.

Yeah, it is a good laugh. There is a different 5 K every month here, well a bar here in town decided to do their own version of that and instead its a 4 mile with Guiness Stops instead of water stops. A lot of people come out and take part in it.

Thats pretty cool, it immediately reminds me of an event I participated in during college. It was called the "Beer Mile", you try to run 4 laps and finish a beer before you finish each of the laps. If I remember correctly, 10 minutes was the time you had to beat in order to say you officially completed the event. The running wasn't the hard part, its trying to finish 4 beers in under 10 minutes.

• Admin

Thats pretty cool, it immediately reminds me of an event I participated in during college. It was called the "Beer Mile", you try to run 4 laps and finish a beer before you finish each of the laps. If I remember correctly, 10 minutes was the time you had to beat in order to say you officially completed the event. The running wasn't the hard part, its trying to finish 4 beers in under 10 minutes.

Thankfully there is no time limit. This is actually run by the same organization that does all the other runs here in Tulsa. It just has a slight twist to it.

You still get run chips to track your time and you can sign up just for the run and not the beer drinking part (although that takes the fun out of it).

• Moderators

If you had ten minutes to run a mile and finish 4 beers, I bet some people ended up wearing the equivalent of a beer or two from spilling on themselves!

My favs:

Dos Equis

Molson Canadian (from Canada not the imported kind)

Blue Star

Agreed cap...I went on a fishing trip to upper Saskatchewan with some buddies and we bought a S-Load of real Molson Canadian (higher alcohol content). It was a real nice semi-creamy beer with a big kick. I drove the boat all day (rear end tiller) and would normally have about 10 beers over the course of the day with no danger of accidents...but up there...I only had about 5. (gotta moderate yourself when you're driving the boat)....we caught a bunch of pike and had fish frys every night. Then we would go back to our cabin to play poker. We would have about one more beer and then quit right in the middle of a hand (I'm sleepy)...never had a serious hangover though...out to catch em the next morning.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Wow...never thought of that. 1/2 Guiness Stout, 1/2 Bass Ale, and a shot of Bailey's to boot on top - now THAT's a winter drink!snowballfight.gif

Well it is D-Day ... I will try not to puke on anyones shoes during this run!

I have to go pick out some tunes for my ipod as I run. I think some Irish drinking songs seems appropriate.

What about the soundtrack to revenge of the nerds, or at least the songs they play during their greek games?

How did the run go today?