• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins, Joe Smith, Morris

benhillboy

Joe Smith is a much better big than Zaza. It befuddles me to see Za get so many minutes.

Joe Smith has a better midrange jumper than Zaza . . and that's it.

He's not a better rebounder, or a better defender, or tougher than Zaza . . oe hustles more.

Remember, this is a guy that pretty much no one wanted, not even his own team. And Cleveland could definitely use him, you'd think. But he's being sold here like he would be a vital part of our bench. In a regular game with everyone healthy, he should never play more than 10 minutes a game.

• Admin

He's not a better rebounder, or a better defender, or tougher than Zaza . . oe hustles more.

Remember, this is a guy that pretty much no one wanted, not even his own team. And Cleveland could definitely use him, you'd think. But he's being sold here like he would be a vital part of our bench. In a regular game with everyone healthy, he should never play more than 10 minutes a game.

I agree but Joe should be getting a lot more pt. I think he can really contribute if Woody will put him in. He is very smart player and he is a good rebounder who should be getting at least 15 minutes a game.

He's not a better rebounder, or a better defender, or tougher than Zaza . . oe hustles more

"He's not a better rebounder"

Zaza: 2 Rebounds in 14 minutes

Joe Smith: 3 Rebounds in 10 minutes

"or a better defender"

That is debatable but I believe he is. Zaza is one of the most overrated defenders on our team. He gives up and fouls way to easily.

"or tougher than Zaza"

Toughness and hustle can be very subjective though Joe is the only one giving extremely hard fouls (Batista-like) on our team so far this year.

Also, Joe Smith is much less turnover-prone and knows his limits unlike Zaza.

Edited by GameTime

Playoffs baby playoffs!! All the Elite( playoff teams especially in the east have good bigs to boast). It will be an advantage in the playoffs to have depth in the front court position that can work(foul/frustrate/defend) the other bigs at times when it really counts.

Someone remind me again, why are they here? I know good big men are few and far between but damn. It has to be better alternatives. It's got to be.

Depth

When we play the Cavs and Magic you will see why they are here.

In a 7 game playoff series this depth will be needed.

Do you already forget how injured we were in the playoffs last year and how our lack of depth hurt us ?

???? I agree with u alot North but this one................not so much!!!! Joe grabs more boards in less minutes, Joe is a better defender, I really don't even see how this is questionable...zaza is less than average on the defensive end (still love him), toughness and hustle is subject to each persons opinion. I like the hard fouls that Joe brings when he's in the game and to me thats the sort of toughness that we need. Joe is a better player than zaza, what does zaza do better that Joe?