• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It looks like the Falcons might miss the playoffs again.

Plainview1981

hopefully your the fat lady that sits next to me in the dome and takes up half my seat along w/ hers...and you jump off the bandwagon and stop coming to games so i can finally have my left arm rest back :blink:

regression?.....its like 5 games...the dudes 23 years old.

Don't Panic.

You all jumped on the Ryan bandwagon too soon. I have been telling people since last year that we made a mistake. He has no arm strength. Those little dump off passes will only get you so far. Matt Ryan got all the credit for last season but people don't realize is the Michael Turner was the MVP of the team last season. Ladies and gentleman we have the next Joey Harrington right here in Atlanta.

1. His stats were not that great last season.

He was anointed before he was proven!!

Don't give up hope !

Even without Turner we got a good shot at the playoffs:

1. Snelling is a beast and Norwood should be back for next weeks game. Rumor is his hip flexor is healed and "family committments" is all that kept him out of the last game. Look for him to practice at 100% this week. Snelling and a healthy Norwood is a respectable 1 -2 punch for our running game.

2. Falcons are currently tied with the Eagles, Giants, and Packers for the last Wild Card spot at 5 W - 4 L

3. Falcons play both the Giants and Eagles so we really control our own destiny.

4. We have 2 games left vs. the TB Buccs and 1 vs. the Bills......which is nice.

5. Falcons close the season vs. 3 losing teams: Jets, Bills, Buccs

Y'all do realize that the Falcons have played one of the toughest scedules in the NFL, plus we have played 4 teams coming of bye weeks, 3 on the road? Teams coming off byes in the NFL win something like 70-80% of their games. Add in that the Falcons were on the road for: N.O., Giants, and the Panthers, it is no wonder we lost those games. What is interesting in each of those games, the Falcons had a chance to win.

We can blame the losses on bad decisions by Ryan (and that is for certain in the Panthers game), but come on guys, the defense is what lost those games. You have to have good defense to win on the road. This current defense is simply HORRID. Until the corners and defensive line get themselves together and start creating sacks/QB pressure and defending defendable passes, this team is going to keep loosing on the road.

As for Ryan, sigh, this debate is going to go on forever in Atlanta. There are just going to be those that hate him for the being the guy that replaced Vick. The arm strength argument is just one way of phrasing that.

We have a very slim chance to make the playoffs now, and if we dont beat the Eagles, they will hold that tiebreaker and we will almost certainly not make it then.

I have talked ad nauseum about what I think about this year's Falcons team on the Falcons message board, so I won't do it here. But what will say is that I hope they will at least win 9 games to get that monkey off our back. Even if we made the playoffs, we don't have a defense or consistent play on offense and playcalling that will give us a chance. I hate to say it, but it is what it is.

Y'all do realize that the Falcons have played one of the toughest scedules in the NFL, plus we have played 4 teams coming of bye weeks, 3 on the road? Teams coming off byes in the NFL win something like 70-80% of their games. Add in that the Falcons were on the road for: N.O., Giants, and the Panthers, it is no wonder we lost those games. What is interesting in each of those games, the Falcons had a chance to win.

We can blame the losses on bad decisions by Ryan (and that is for certain in the Panthers game), but come on guys, the defense is what lost those games. You have to have good defense to win on the road. This current defense is simply HORRID. Until the corners and defensive line get themselves together and start creating sacks/QB pressure and defending defendable passes, this team is going to keep loosing on the road.

As for Ryan, sigh, this debate is going to go on forever in Atlanta. There are just going to be those that hate him for the being the guy that replaced Vick. The arm strength argument is just one way of phrasing that.

Arm strength isn't the real issue with Ryan. It's his accuracy. He overthrows a lot of receivers. His arm strength doesn't stand out, but you don't need arm strength to be a great QB.