We are better off without Chris Paul!

Vesper

I was thinking about Chris Paul's contract of 14 million and I'm happy the Hawks did not draft him. If the Hawks had to pay for Chris and let's say we would have drafted Brandon Roy. How would the franchise have been able to afford the quality team that we have now? We would not have Joe Johnson nor Al Horford. Josh Smith would be playing for Memphis. The trades for Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby would never have happened. So, I'm happy the Hawks didn't draft Chris Paul or Deron Williams!

Marvin Williams you rule!

• Like 1

I don't think we would have had a top 10 pick if we drafted Paul. I don't know what we would look like since that was ages ago in basketball development terms.

I was thinking about Chris Paul's contract of 14 million and I'm happy the Hawks did not draft him. If the Hawks had to pay for Chris and let's say we would have drafted Brandon Roy. How would the franchise have been able to afford the quality team that we have now? We would not have Joe Johnson nor Al Horford. Josh Smith would be playing for Memphis. The trades for Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby would never have happened. So, I'm happy the Hawks didn't draft Chris Paul or Deron Williams!

I hope this is a joke.

• Like 1

:friends1: picking a player like Paul in the rebuilding mood that we were in would have been detrimental to team progress. We would have been great but not the best and eventually plateauing. Try to deny all you want but it happens to teams all the time in the NBA. A team gets a prize player who although is great still needs another player or two to get them over the hump. This goes for the Kevin Garnett's Tracy McGrady's, Dirk's, Lebron Jame's, Dwayne Wade's, and yes even the Kobe Bryant's. If your duo is not dynamic enough to win it all (Chris Paul/Joe Johnson) and your trio(Josh Smith) wouldn't be ready to be a real force by the time big decisions(free agency) need to be made it eventully equals failure.

We'd be a different team with Chris Paul. Obviously, we would have made different moves and decisions if we took Paul or D. Williams (who I actually prefer over Paul). All I care about is we're a much better team right now than New Orleans is.

Can we get over this already? It's done.

Edited by FrankWhite

No one has a clue what the hell would have happened had we drafted Paul. :question: It's the easiest game known to man. What game is that?? The Blame Game after the fact. Oh, this also regarding the topic>> :beathorse:

I just started the post because I was tired of hearing about the Hawks not having a Chris Paul. I'm glad we didn't draft him or Deron. Chemistry and team depth win championships not just superstars! Even the great Jordan, Magic and Bird had great players around them!

• Moderators

:friends1: picking a player like Paul in the rebuilding mood that we were in would have been detrimental to team progress. We would have been great but not the best and eventually plateauing. Try to deny all you want but it happens to teams all the time in the NBA. A team gets a prize player who although is great still needs another player or two to get them over the hump. This goes for the Kevin Garnett's Tracy McGrady's, Dirk's, Lebron Jame's, Dwayne Wade's, and yes even the Kobe Bryant's. If your duo is not dynamic enough to win it all (Chris Paul/Joe Johnson) and your trio(Josh Smith) wouldn't be ready to be a real force by the time big decisions(free agency) need to be made it eventully equals failure.

Kobe Bryant = 4 Rings

KG = 1 Ring

TMac = 0 rings

Dirk = Finals Appearance

Lebron = Finals Appearance

Wade = 1 Ring

Are we supposed to believe teams are better off not drafting guys like this?

I just started the post because I was tired of hearing about the Hawks not having a Chris Paul. I'm glad we didn't draft him or Deron. Chemistry and team depth win championships not just superstars! Even the great Jordan, Magic and Bird had great players around them!

Me too. It was like a half a decade ago, or something like that. It's just because of Marvin. Which shouldn't matter anymore, he just signed another contract. Let it go people...