• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crow has been served...to me

Watchman

I have been a critic of Josh Smith over the last few years, but I genuinely commend him on the improvement he has shown this year. If he continues to play like he has over the last few games, he may well receive all-star consideration.

Last season i was starting to really lose my patience with him. I was thinking he might never get it.

Now having played 11 games without taking a 3 and getting 33 rebounds in the last two games it seems like the light is finally on.

Last season i was starting to really lose my patience with him. I was thinking he might never get it.

Now having played 11 games without taking a 3 and getting 33 rebounds in the last two games it seems like the light is finally on.

Its crazy what playing like a PF will do for a guy who is a PF.

He was boxing out Aldridge and Oden all night !

Its crazy what playing like a PF will do for a guy who is a PF.

He was boxing out Aldridge and Oden all night !

I've always pointed out that Josh Smith doesn't box out and yet he still has been able to average 7-8 rebounds a game. Now that he's figured out how to box-out, wow. Holman and 3-D have been mentioning that Joe Smith has been working with Josh, giving him pointers and telling him with his athleticism there is no reason he shouldn't be averaging 10+ rebounds a game.

It's really great to see. I always wanted him to be a power player in the mold of Shawn Kemp. But I also said that he could be a "souped-up" Shawn Marion, with his superior athleticism and speed playing the 4. I think we're seeing the "souped-up" Shawn Marion version of Josh Smith. And that's definitely good enough for him to make the All-Star team.

Speaking of that, if the season ended today, WOODY would get to pick the All-Star reserves.

Starters ( who will be voted in )

G - Wade

G - Carter ( he'll get the votes playing w/Orlando )

F - Lebron

F - KG ( because he's popular )

C - Howard

Woody's reserves

G - JJ

G - Brandon Jennings ( MIL will be above .500 with him leading the way )

F - Smoove

F - Pierce

F/C - Bosh

C - Horford

C - Shaq ( out of respect to the big man . . and because of Cleveland's record )

• Premium Member

If we get three of our players picked for the all star team my head will explode

Actually, if the All Star Game was this weekend, I'd fully EXPECT three Hawks to be on that friggin roster. Horf is the second best C in the Eastern Conference next to Howard, Smith is stuffing the stat sheet at PF, and JJ is 2nd only to Wade at SG. If these three can keep this up, or even improve as the season goes on, there's no way we don't have three Hawks in the All Star game reppin' the ATL. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Josh is averaging 19 points, 12.2 boards, 3.8 assists, 2.8 blocks, 1.6 steals and only 1.8 turnovers while shooting 63% over this 5 game win streak. There are very few players who can duplicate a line like that. Now it's just a matter of him giving this effort all year and staying within himself. He'll be an All Star for sure if he does that and he'll at least have the full attention of the voters on the defensive teams. And even better, the Hawks will be damn good.

Edited by High5

• Premium Member

Man, I know the feeling. I have been an enormous fan of Josh since we drafted him and defended all trade proposals for Biedrins, Kaman, JO etc. viciously. Last year though, I lost my faith in him a little I admit.... Good thing he proved me wrong this year, he is playing the way I always dreamed. In fact, this entire season so far has been a complete dream. I hope it never ends, at least not until we are hoisting the championship trophy. :helpsmilie:

Edited by Atlantaholic

I have been a critic of Josh Smith over the last few years, but I genuinely commend him on the improvement he has shown this year. If he continues to play like he has over the last few games, he may well receive all-star consideration.

Some folks were to hard on Josh early in the year. Criticizing him taking shots just inside the 3 line. Give me a break. That being said, don't get too excited. I seriiously doubt Josh will ever develop the consistency that we all want. I just think he is a very emotional player and is going to have great streaks and bad ones. I didn't criticize him early and I'm not going to vote him an all-star until he shows the consistency required of an all star. But for now he deserves Kudos. He is playing a lot smarter.

Hawk88

To me, Josh Smith has always been the most exciting Hawk to watch because of his athleticism, but even so there have been plenty of times over the last two or three years when I really, really wanted the Hawks to trade him because it seemed like he would always take bad shots, make bad decisions, and shoot a low percentage for his entire career. Now I'm extremely glad the Hawks had more patience than me, because if he keeps playing like this he HAS to be an all-star. I used to worry that the combo of Smith and Horford didn't give us enough post scoring to have an elite offense, but those guys are holding it down lately in every way possible these days.

Not be a Negative Nancy but Horford isn't sniffing the All-Star team.

But hey, I'll take 9-2 any day.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The All Star rosters consist of 4 guards, 4 forwards, 2 Centers and 2 players from any position. The starters are chosen by the fans but the coaches for each conference vote on the reserves for that conference (you can't vote for your own player). As things stand today, if not Horford, which EC Center do you think will back up D Howard in the All Star game? Shaq? Horford's numbers are CLEARLY better. His numbers are also better than Bogut's, Haywood's and Lopez's.

Actually, right now, it would be between Horford and Noah and their numbers are VERY close. If they are close, I think it will come down to who has the better team record and hopefully, that will be us. Al DEFINITELY has a shot.

I think most Hawks fans were and rightfully so. He always had the talent and athleticism, he just lacked the maturity to take it to the next level. I was too thru with him when he tried (and missed) that between the legs dunk in the playoffs vs Miami. But this year he is playing with control and his basketball IQ has def skyrocketed. Not sure if its the presence of Joe Smith or what but whatever it is, I likey!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The All Star rosters consist of 4 guards, 4 forwards, 2 Centers and 2 players from any position. The starters are chosen by the fans but the coaches for each conference vote on the reserves for that conference (you can't vote for your own player). As things stand today, if not Horford, which EC Center do you think will back up D Howard in the All Star game? Shaq? Horford's numbers are CLEARLY better. His numbers are also better than Bogut's, Haywood's and Lopez's.

Actually, right now, it would be between Horford and Noah and their numbers are VERY close. If they are close, I think it will come down to who has the better team record and hopefully, that will be us. Al DEFINITELY has a shot.

Please explain how his numbers are better than Boguts.