• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Enjoy December, January looks tough!

timdawg777

One over .500 seems realistic, but I feel kinda spoiled right now and want a little more. I gotta hit the game against OKC and catch Durant glide across the floor, in a tough loss of course. His team's improvement from last year regarding his plus/ minus is historic they said on ESPN, plus the tickets are gonna be on the cheap. I know we started out with a lot of cakewalks, but Orlando and Boston back to back twice in a month? Come on, man. Still, let's go though, Hawks.

SIDE NOTE: All we gotta do is substitute blue for yellow on the new uni's and we'll be killin em.

Schedule: ( back 2 backs not spaced )

vs CLE

@ CLE

vs NY

@ MIA

vs NJ

vs BOS

@ ORL

@ BOS

vs WAS

vs PHO

vs OKC

vs SAC

vs CHA

@ HOU

@ SA

vs BOS

@ ORL

LOL . . isn't that a coincidence?

The BOS-ORL-BOS and SA-BOS-ORL are 3 games in 4 day sets. WOW! The hawks came come out of Jan with supreme confidence is they play well.

Edited by AmishBoy

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago . To much hoopla was made about a couple f losses when the real battle for the conference doesnt even start until after Xmas. The fact that we can be a top 3 seed heading into next month is gravy because do well next month and you are knocking your competition for the top seed back actual games .

Not only that but

Celts starting with the xmas day game againt the Magic play 8 of 10 on the road heading into Jan.

Cavs starting next Sunday play 11 of 15 on the road into the middle of January

Orl starting Jan. 1 play 11 of 17 on the road

we play Bos 3 times , Cavs 2 times, and the Orl 2 times

We really will have a definite say so on the TOP SEED in the east . It will be there if we want it bad enough .

I can see us coming out of that stretch 11 and 6...maybe even 12 and 5 if we're healthy.

If we can get through that stretch with an 11- 6 record, that'll be impressive as hell. Last year's team may have gone 6 - 11 through this stretch. Being healthy, especially along the frontline, is almost critical during that part of the season.

those back 2 backs are hell..how did it just happen like that?

Cause I think the league was trying to take us out the picture by the All-Star break. We had 5 back to backs in our first 17 games. We even played 4 games in 5 nights once in November ( and went 3 - 1 during that stretch ). Then you look at this schedule starting with the Cleveland back 2 backs till February.

Stern and the NBA was trying to eliminate us with this schedule, if you believe in conspiracy theories.

Stern and the NBA was trying to eliminate us with this schedule, if you believe in conspiracy theories.

Look at the Lakers schedule!

they have played 17 home games and 4 road games this season. That's crazy. 15-2 @ home 3-1 on the road

The Hawks have played 11 home and 11 away.

Cause I think the league was trying to take us out the picture by the All-Star break. We had 5 back to backs in our first 17 games. We even played 4 games in 5 nights once in November ( and went 3 - 1 during that stretch ). Then you look at this schedule starting with the Cleveland back 2 backs till February.

Looks like he was trying to eliminate the big four in the East all together. Bostons away game tonight not included:

Atlanta 11 home 11 road

Boston 11 home 11 road

Cleveland 11 home 12 road

Orlando 9 home 14 road

Edited by Buzzard

This conspiracy theory makes no sense. If they were fixing anything, it would surely be better to have an easier schedule in march and april than in november, wouldn't it?

It'd be much better to be the hot team going into the playoffs, with the team resting a bit because they didnt have to travel as much, than to be the hot team in november and december (see last year's celtics).

As far as back to backs go, boston also has orland-atlanta back to back, and at laker and at portland back to back.

Point being, there is no point for the league to try to fix the regular season. The regular season is meaningless for the top teams anyways.

The schedule looks tough with all the back-to-back games; however, everyone has to realize that we have a deep bench this year. The true test will come when our 2nd unit can provide a spark with scoring and defense.

I noticed that Woodson has been playing Teague in the last few games, and maybe, just maybe, Woodson is preparing Teague for the real test against the Big 3. On the flipside, Woodson can be selfish and not play Teague at all. I think it's critical for Woodson to throw Teague into these game situations and let him develop. Bibby needs to rest his legs with all the back-to-back games coming up.

Lastly, our team is 90% healthy excluding Joe Smith's finger injury. Shaq in Cleveland is hurt. Boston lost Marquis Daniels and Glen Davis. Orlando lost Jameer Nelson and I think Vince Carter is hurt with a hip injury.

Otherwise, the Hawks coming into these games are on the positive with a healthy ball club. Then negative could possibly be Woodson's substitution patterns...

Thoughts??

I think the hawks will do well in January. I'm not that worried.

yup.

I mean i don't think we're gonna be anything other than the 3 or 4 seed anyway..so homecourt in the later rounds isn't really on my radar. It doesn't matter if we lose all those games we're still gonna get the 4 seed at worst and at the end it's all about matchups in the playoffs. As long as we get Bos/Cle in the 2nd round and there are no major injuries i don't care what happens in the regular season.

Edited by h2t

This conspiracy theory makes no sense. If they were fixing anything, it would surely be better to have an easier schedule in march and april than in november, wouldn't it?

It'd be much better to be the hot team going into the playoffs, with the team resting a bit because they didnt have to travel as much, than to be the hot team in november and december (see last year's celtics).

As far as back to backs go, boston also has orland-atlanta back to back, and at laker and at portland back to back.

Point being, there is no point for the league to try to fix the regular season. The regular season is meaningless for the top teams anyways.

I was just trying to show that all of the big three have played equal or more away games and thought people would see that. IMO every team has equal amounts of tough stretches and really it comes down to how well you are playing and injuries during those stretches.

Cannot predict injuries. I have always thought teams were healthier at the start of the season; but if you look at Detroit, Portland, Golden State, and Houston that is not always the case to say the least.

Edited by Buzzard