• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Impressive Teague

mattlanta

I'm very impressed with Jeff Teague. And I'm also impressed with Woodson's minutes distribution between Teague and Bibby. I think Teague has all the tools to be a great PG in this league. Next year, I would be disappointed if we did not see a noticeable increase of minutes and a slightly higher role. I think mid-season next year, he will be ready to start... what do you guys think?

There's no point for him to start if we are winning with him coming off the bench. People need to understand that the only way Bibby gets points is by being a spot up shooter, so he has to be in with the starting unit at all times because that is when he can get open looks. Teague and Crawford coming off the bench could be a great duo so there is no point in starting Teague right now.

• Like 1

There's no point for him to start if we are winning with him coming off the bench. People need to understand that the only way Bibby gets points is by being a spot up shooter, so he has to be in with the starting unit at all times because that is when he can get open looks. Teague and Crawford coming off the bench could be a great duo so there is no point in starting Teague right now.

I don't know if you read it wrong or not, but I referred to 'next year' with that comment.

Teague is actually starting to look like a legit NBA player. I like the way he gets his hands on so many balls on defense. He got two steals today and nearly got a couple more.

Offensively he does a good job penetrating and setting guys up without turning it over. In time i think he will start finishing better inside. He has actually hit some perimeter shots lately (i hesitate to call them jumpers). If he can just be mediocre at hitting open perimeter shots he could be a very good player.

I'm very impressed with Jeff Teague. And I'm also impressed with Woodson's minutes distribution between Teague and Bibby. I think Teague has all the tools to be a great PG in this league. Next year, I would be disappointed if we did not see a noticeable increase of minutes and a slightly higher role. I think mid-season next year, he will be ready to start... what do you guys think?

I agree Jeff Teague is looking like a real player in this league (it's still a bit early). Thing is - Bibby fits so well with our starting lineup. Bibby comes and goes sometimes on the spot up threes - but he is generally pretty good. He's not at all afraid to shoot them and will hit them in volume when he's hot. On a really good night Bibby can hit 6 for 8 on you if you aren't careful. That's 18 points. Plus Bibby is savvy (if not fast) on the break. He knows when to toss Smoove an alley-oop for a thunder dunk. Smoove returns the favor by scaring the little guys away from the lane. It's kind of a symbiotic relationship.

I agree Jeff Teague is looking like a real player in this league (it's still a bit early). Thing is - Bibby fits so well with our starting lineup. Bibby comes and goes sometimes on the spot up threes - but he is generally pretty good. He's not at all afraid to shoot them and will hit them in volume when he's hot. On a really good night Bibby can hit 6 for 8 on you if you aren't careful. That's 18 points. Plus Bibby is savvy (if not fast) on the break. He knows when to toss Smoove an alley-oop for a thunder dunk. Smoove returns the favor by scaring the little guys away from the lane. It's kind of a symbiotic relationship.

Yeah... I notice that as well. Good points. I think Teague is a very good matchup with Crawford as well. He and Crawf, along with Evans, helps make our second unit one of the fastest in the league and will wear down a lot of starting lineups / benches if they decide to run on us.

I love what I'm seeing out of Teague. He's the best young PG prospect this team has had in forever. I also think having him play behind Bibby is very smart and the right way to go for the next couple of years. Bibby's ability to keep the defense honest with his shooting and his overall steady play on offense is absolutely necessary to the first unit. It's especially apparent on the pick and rolls we're running with Joe and Al. And then Teague comes in and brings a whole other dynamic with his penetration and defense on the ball. I think a lot of what we're seeing from Teague is due to the great chemistry he's developed with that second unit. He knows where Mo and Zaza and Jamal, etc, want the ball and hits them in rhythm. I'm absolutely loving watching this 2nd unit take it to opponents' starters.

• Premium Member

I love what I'm seeing out of Teague. He's the best young PG prospect this team has had in forever. I also think having him play behind Bibby is very smart and the right way to go for the next couple of years. Bibby's ability to keep the defense honest with his shooting and his overall steady play on offense is absolutely necessary to the first unit. It's especially apparent on the pick and rolls we're running with Joe and Al. And then Teague comes in and brings a whole other dynamic with his penetration and defense on the ball. I think a lot of what we're seeing from Teague is due to the great chemistry he's developed with that second unit. He knows where Mo and Zaza and Jamal, etc, want the ball and hits them in rhythm. I'm absolutely loving watching this 2nd unit take it to opponents' starters.

I agree with you pretty much, but personally I am wanting to see Teague get some more playing time with Josh Smith... Got a feeling in the next 3-4 years Josh and Teague will be what we are all about. If he starts hitting that Jump shot with regularity (he did in college, and he seems to be improving so far this year) the pick and roll with Jeff Teague and Josh Smith will be absolutely unguardable.

With more minutes, Teague ‘more comfortable'ShareThisPrint E-mail .By Ken Sugiura

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Rookie Jeff Teague is feeling like himself and it is showing on the court.

.The rookie guard from Wake Forest played extended minutes for the third game in a row in Sunday's 23-point romp over New Jersey, playing his most effective basketball of the season. He credits practicing with the starters, which coach Mike Woodson has had him do with guard Mike Bibby resting a sprained ankle.

Before, Teague said, "I just wanted to make sure I didn't turn it over and do anything wrong. Now I think I'm more comfortable. I try to play my game and I think that's what they want me to do."

In the Hawks' past three games, Teague has played more than 20 minutes in each and has scored an aggregate 31 points to go with 18 assists against five turnovers. Against New Jersey, he showed off a little of everything with a 3-pointer, a floater for a basket and a steal that led to a vicious throwdown dunk in the third quarter.

"I haven't dunked in awhile," Teague said. "I tried to throw it down as hard as I could."

Said Woodson, "He's been playing pretty good for us. A lot of that is he's getting a few minutes and he's got some confidence going. That's what it's all about."

Etc.

Forwards Marvin Williams and Joe Smith did not dress Sunday. Smith missed his second game in a row after dislocating his thumb last Wednesday. He hopes to be ready for Wednesday's game against Memphis. Williams was sent home with an upset stomach. Mo Evans started in his place. Woodson said Williams probably be ready to play by Wednesday. ... With Williams out, Woodson experimented with different lineups, at one point going with Evans, forward Zaza Pachulia and three guards – Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford and Teague.

No doubt Teague is coming into his own. He's gonna be huge for us down the stretch if that confidence continues to grow. His quickness leads to a lot of advantages for him against other 2nd unit pg's. I also see him transitioning well to become our starter in a couple of years. We were lucky he dropped to us in the draft for sure, and he's only 20 years old coming out as a sophomore so he's perfect for some grooming by Bibby before eventually replacing him.

The pickpocket steal of Rafer Alston was super impressive followed of course by the rim rocker. I love his overall athleticism and his push shot seems to work for him so why not.

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

I really like Teague.. He's fulfilling my hope for him. I just don't want to see the minime backcourt too much.

Agreed. No Teague and Bibby.

So far, Teague is exceeding my hopes for his playmaking abilities. I feared a Steve Francis-type scoring point.