• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anticipation and Hopes

Swatguy

This is a game (tonight and tomorrow) circled. The Cavs (because of LeBron) is the only team on the league I pull Against very time they play. I mean I do not like that team (because of ...you know).

So, usually my Hawks fail me in these situations. Fail me because my anticipation and hopes (to beat them by 50) are usually too high.

It's lust, it cannot be satisfied.

I'll miss the first half (BB Practice) hurrying to get home hoping I dont cheat my team.

Can anyone else relate?

I really Do Not Like that (Cavs) Team.

This is a game (tonight and tomorrow) circled. The Cavs (because of LeBron) is the only team on the league I pull Against very time they play. I mean I do not like that team (because of ...you know).

So, usually my Hawks fail me in these situations. Fail me because my anticipation and hopes (to beat them by 50) are usually too high.

It's lust, it cannot be satisfied.

I'll miss the first half (BB Practice) hurrying to get home hoping I dont cheat my team.

Can anyone else relate?

I really Do Not Like that (Cavs) Team.

With the Lakers and Celtics stumbling slightly this a big chance for the Hawks to stay close in the standings race... Will they take advantage of it? The chances of them beating Cleveland back to back is very slim, but they really need to win one of these.

Man, things are tight in the east. Checking the standings - - The loss column - - You can't change anything. Once

a game is lost, it's lost forever.

Top team in the east has 7.

Next three teams have 8.

The Hawks have 21 wins to go with those 8 losses.

Now, ending 2009 with a record of 21-10 wouldn't be bad.

But, that would mean giving the Cavs both games. Don't want that.

Winning 2 would be great!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ending the year 21-10 would also be the same record we had going into 2009 last season---- Thats not good enough for this team imo.

That said, based off our play during back2backs this season, and the quality of opponent, I think we split with them, even if we dont win in the A, i think we will take one no matter what.

Something to watch: SHAQ, he makes cameos every now and then and Id hate for him to show up against us. We can take this Cavs team if Lebron is our only problem, but we have nobody to stop Shaq if he starts feeling young again.

Ending the year 21-10 would also be the same record we had going into 2009 last season---- Thats not good enough for this team imo.

That said, based off our play during back2backs this season, and the quality of opponent, I think we split with them, even if we dont win in the A, i think we will take one no matter what.

Something to watch: SHAQ, he makes cameos every now and then and Id hate for him to show up against us. We can take this Cavs team if Lebron is our only problem, but we have nobody to stop Shaq if he starts feeling young again.

I think that we can pick and roll shaq all night. Horford should be able to get shaq into foul trouble if we keep him moving. I look for Joe to have a big game because of how he played in the playoffs last year.

• Premium Member

Sweeping Cleveland is all I've been dreaming about lately... I'm not getting my hopes up though, they are as hot as they have been all year, and we aren't exactly hitting on all cylinders right now (though we aren't playing our worst either). Having said that, as long as Josh Smith comes to play, and Cleveland's supporting crew doesn't go off from the three point line, we have a fantastic chance to split and a decent chance at a sweep.

Every player on this team has built up credibility except for you-know-who. I wouldn't criticize any of our 9-man rotation for playing poorly these next 4 games except Marvage. It's Do or Die for Marvage. He has to do something to at least prevent LeBron from laughing at the mention of his name after these two. Will he? Hell naw.

Of course I would love to see us win two tough ones against the LeBrons, and breeze through the Kings and Knicks, but being realistic, I think the Hawks split: win by 6 at home, lose by 4 up there. If we go 1-3 and Marvage is his same 'ole deer in headlights self, I'm starting the "Move Marvin" petition. It's amazing. Every night, win or lose, you can count on your starting 3 for little to nothing.

Edited by benhillboy