• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FIRE WOODY

DJlaysitup

FIRE WOODY...FIRE WOODY...FIRE WOODY!

(and be nice to your pets thumbsupsmileyanim.gif )

First Hawks game of the year I haven't seen. What a way to spoil a great day...(O-H-I-O). Looking at a quick review, Craws was awful...but did Woody lose this game? To me, we're still thinking about the Cleveland debacle(s)...Not a good way to start the new year.

Your backcourt is getting destroyed by one not all that great player, and you don't change your defensive strategy at all? You don't try to put a quicker, more athletic defender on him or at least double him when he gets the ball and make someone else beat you, you just let him take over and win the game???

Hey, can we trade Bibby for Robinson?

Excactly MVP23...we need a JJack-type....or even Anthony Johnson.

We simply cannot sit on Teague and hope he learns how to shoot.

All the good teams have one. Magic have AJ, celtics have House, Cavs have a few of them..Lakers have many PGs..all we have is Teague. We have to make a trade, or get one, or this will happen 10 more times this year.

first game that I've watched this year that actually made me sick while watching......the end of that game was just ridiculous with Nate killing us softly and woody doing absolutely nothing to try and rectify that situation. Its not like it was the cyborg baby (LBJ) out there killing us or something....it was a freaking midget!!!!!!!! I'm actually upset about this one so I'm going to limit my posts tonight.

• Premium Member

All the good teams have one. Magic have AJ, celtics have House, Cavs have a few of them..Lakers have many PGs..all we have is Teague. We have to make a trade, or get one, or this will happen 10 more times this year.

I'm sorry, but did you just use Eddie House as an example of someone who can play D? I think House skipped that letter in grammar school. :snowballfight:

But the Celtics do have this guy named Rondo who can play a little D at the PG spot.

I'm exaggerating about House. He sometimes gives good effort, but he can't/doesn't move his feet even remotely quick enough to stay in front of speedster PGs.

Edited by niremetal

I'm sorry, but did you just use Eddie House as an example of someone who can play D? I think House skipped that letter in grammar school. :snowballfight:

But the Celtics do have this guy named Rondo who can play a little D at the PG spot.

I'm exaggerating about House. He sometimes gives good effort, but he can't/doesn't move his feet even remotely quick enough to stay in front of speedster PGs.

house plays with good energy I should say.. at least he can hit beyond the free throw line.

house plays with good energy I should say.. at least he can hit beyond the free throw line.

We just need a decent veteran PG..I have nothing against Teague..it's good to have developmental players..but having two slow shooters (albeit very good shooters) in the game at the same time is like having me running "showtime".

• Premium Member

I still can not believe we went the entire game including OT without doubling Nate and getting the ball out of his hands. I mean NOT ONCE. Where the hell is the coaching here? Why don't you change your defense and get a double on Nate and make ANYONE ELSE beat you??? :help wanted3:

• Like 1

We just need a decent veteran PG..I have nothing against Teague..it's good to have developmental players..but having two slow shooters (albeit very good shooters) in the game at the same time is like having me running "showtime".

isn't that what we have right now? if they can't guard the perimeter forget about it.

I still can not believe we went the entire game including OT without doubling Nate and getting the ball out of his hands. I mean NOT ONCE. Where the hell is the coaching here? Why don't you change your defense and get a double on Nate and make ANYONE ELSE beat you??? :help wanted3:

It didn't matter. When we doubled him and got the ball out of his hand he simply ran to half court and got it again. Nobody on the floor was quick enough to chase him around for 24 seconds so when he gave it up, he just had to move around to get it back, run off a screen for the predictible switch and run past Josh or Al.