• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mario or Mo?

frankthetank966

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was at the Hawks game last night and I must say, Rio's time in the NBADL has really helped him out. His game has really improved. He made a few nice layups but we didnt really get a chance to see him shoot long-distance.

He arguably is one of the hardest working players on the team and play great defense. He was able to shut down Jamison at some points of the game. Remarkable how he is so much smaller but was able to keep up with Jamison.

I enjoy his energy and hustling coming off the bench. The only other player like him on the Hawks is Zaza but he is a center. We need a guard who can come in play great defense and hustle.

Based on last nights performance I find him more valuable to this team that Mo Evans. Mo Evans is allegedly a shooter but he has been struggling with his shot the past few weeks. So until he fins his form Rio is better getting the minutes.

Some games West may not get any minutes.............but on nights where we come out flat without intensity or energy a guy like West is just what the doctor ordered.

We beat people by out hustleing and playing with more energy............not by out executing the opponent like the Spurs, Celtics, or Jazz............so we need an energizer bunny like West on certian nights but maybe not every night.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Very interesting question and poll... I go with Evans because he's a better all around player, but that's not a decision that I'd make lightly. Mario...dude. Mario is all heart. I love it. That sequence where he was all over Jamison, crashing boards, and the couple of put-backs...man, he's got some energy. I love his attitude.

Very interesting question and poll... I go with Evans because he's a better all around player, but that's not a decision that I'd make lightly. Mario...dude. Mario is all heart. I love it. That sequence where he was all over Jamison, crashing boards, and the couple of put-backs...man, he's got some energy. I love his attitude.

To me Evans should only be brought in when the other shooters (Joe,Bibby &Crawford) are struggling with their shots. We have enough shooters, we need someone who will crash the boards and play physical D, which is what Mario provides.

Mo is more valuable for us off the bench since he's the only one capable of defending SF's but he can also defend guards as well. Mario can hold his own against PG's and some SG's but that's about it. He's also a major liability in terms of the defense fearing our offense and he's still not a very good ball handler. Mario definitely has a role on the team but in no way is he more valuable off the bench than Mo is.