• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In an ideal world, who would you want in this years dunk contest?

timdawg777

josh smith, igoudala, kobe, lebron, d wade, maybe carter (old), carmello

I wish they would put some money behind it and get these players to participate. Also, hate that they can attempt the same dunk 15 times and technically do not get their score docked. I think it would also be cool if they did a dunk contest but used athletes from other sports, people from the street, etc... with the winner getting to compete against the other nba players.

I would say Josh Smith but I think he has some kind of issue with the size of his hands or something. If that's the case, then it would be Dwight Howard followed by LeBron James.

Lebron, Howard, Durant, Smoove, Nate,

I would never expect for anyone over 30 to enter it...........even though Nique won it at 30.

Smoove, LbJ, Howard, DRose (dude has put down some nice dunks for a PG), and either Mayo or Gay for MEM would be my top five. kobe is older, has done it and won... as well as Vince, so I took those two out. Didn't put Dwade on there because I'm just not really a fan of his, honestly. i would kind of like to see david lee in it (again? i think he did it before) because i remember him winning the H.S. slam dunk contest before going to college

Edited by PlayaPat420

For me dunk contest is more about creativity than just plain athleticism. I appreciate Dwight in that regard, his sticker dunk is one of my favorites.

Howard, Fernandez, LBJ, Igoudala, maybe Rudy Gay.

Seriously ! I liked for them add Terrance Williams to it.

The dude is unbelievable.

DeRozen, S. Brown, and T. Williams are the guys I want to see the most besides Lebron.

check out T. Williams:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2010/01/28/20100128_top5.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

For the top play they inlcuded 2 dunks, in 1 game, by Williams. He nearly hit his hed on the rim on one of them and the other was in traffic.

• Moderators

To me - the dunk contest should be about superstars being superstars.

That is my view. I would rather watch a dunk contest with the most athletic dunking superstars than a dunk contest with the most best dunkers. Watching Derozan win wouldn't excite me like watching the superstars face off against eachother.

• Admin

That is my view. I would rather watch a dunk contest with the most athletic dunking superstars than a dunk contest with the most best dunkers. Watching Derozan win wouldn't excite me like watching the superstars face off against eachother.

I agree...I have no interest in watching bench players dunk. Part of the fun is watching the stars compete. I am also sick of watching Nate...yes he is short and he is creative but he has already been in there a number of times and he misses half of his dunks anyway.

I have no interest in watching the contest this year.

To me - the dunk contest should be about superstars being superstars.

Dwight Howard

LeBron James

Dwayne Wade

Josh Smith

Just to make a side note...Smith is not a superstar

Well, sometimes a dunker can make a name for himself if he's "wows" people. Ideally, you want the most athletic athlete to compete so that means Josh Smith, Lebron, Kobe, Howard and Andre Iquodalalala.

Edited by DeerPark

• Moderators

Well, sometimes a dunker can make a name for himself if he's "wows" people. Ideally, you want the most athletic athlete to compete so that means Josh Smith, Lebron, Kobe, Howard and Andre Iquodalalala.

A guy needs to be at least near All-Star level for me to generate any interest. For me personally, Derozen and Nate don't cut it. Josh and Iggy do. I don't want to watch this generation's Harold Minor make a name for himself in the dunk contests. I want some guys who already have a name to do their best dunks.