• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Al Horford made the allstar team and not Josh

pimp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The league really cracks down on guys who try and sit out of the allstar game when they have been playing in games for their team. I think its highly unlikely that KG backs out.

Garnett's knees really needs the rest. He'll probably sit out the game before the all star game to make it legitimate.

If he doesn't travel to New Orleans on the 10th, his knees will get 9 days of rest. It will be dumb of him to play.

Sun, Feb 7 Orlando 2:30 PM networkLogo_abc.gif

Tickets | Travel Wed, Feb 10 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM NBA TV

Tickets | Travel Tue, Feb 16 @ Sacramento 10:00 PM CSNN Tickets | Travel Thu, Feb 18 @ LA Lakers 10:30 PM TNT

I actually wanted Josh to make it over Al as sort of a reward for his improvements this year. At the end of the day I'm happy we got two players in but I'm a little disappointed its not Smoove.

Smoove would have finally had a chance to do that between the legs dunk in a game that he botched against Miami in the playoffs last year.

Brace yourselves to watch Charles and Kenny ish on Horford making it over David Lee.

Edited by ahlthe3rd

Well, I am glad that Horford made it, but I think that Josh was more deserving (but not by much). It just came down to position it looks like. Iverson really screwed everything up. It should be Rose or Rondo starting at point. That would free up a bench spot for Josh Smith. Fans are idiots for voting AI in. "Iverson, isn't he good? I'll vote for him."

Josh is arguably our MVP so far this year and he deserves to make an All-Star team!

Just imagine what our Hawks would look like without major strides Smoove have made, and overall impact he makes on both ends of the floor???

Edited by T21

Josh was due to make it this year I wonder if this will screw him up at all or motivate him.

I agree with a lot here that Smoove still gets in. KG playing would really surprise me as close as the top 4 teams are in the east. If KG was to sprain an ankle or knee in that game, Stern and Boston management would have a lot of apologizing to do to the Celtics fans.

And if this assessment is wrong, I think Smoove has a point to prove!

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

If Rajon the "big three made me " Rondo can make it anybody can.

Your Rondo hate is as predictable as Diesel's Marvin hate - just without all the numbers Diesel uses to back his up.

Rondo averaged 16.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg and 9.8 apg in the playoffs last year and this year is averaging 14 ppg, 10 apg, and 4 rpg while leading the league in steals by a large margin and #17 overall in FG% (ahead of Tim Duncan, Emeka Okafor, and Chris Bosh and higher than any PG, SG or SF in the league).

Rondo was an automatic selection at PG in the East this season.