Has anyone noticed?

Wurider05

Smoove is slowly easing his way back out towards the three point line. he hasn't shot any yet but is taking more long jumpers as the season goes on. Just an observation.

It's usually against teams with big front lines...Smoove's advantage against bigger guys is that he can face and drive, he can't drive if they play off of him and give him the jump shot.

If Smoove is to reach the next level he has to be able to hit jump shots from 12-15 feet.

• Like 1

Does anybody know the nature of the Price-Josh relationship? Do they even know each other exists? I mean, Price is an All-Time Exceptional shooter, free throws and jumpers, who coaches the Hawks. Josh is on his way to being an All-Time Awful shooter, who plays for the Hawks. How about these two guys coming together to give Josh at least a respectable jimmy and free throw stroke? Just a thought. I know Josh isn't that stubborn/ stupid to totally refuse input, criticism, and change on easily the worst part of his game from someone who knows a thing or two about the topic.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Does anybody know the nature of the Price-Josh relationship? Do they even know each other exists? I mean, Price is an All-Time Exceptional shooter, free throws and jumpers, who coaches the Hawks. Josh is on his way to being an All-Time Awful shooter, who plays for the Hawks. How about these two guys coming together to give Josh at least a respectable jimmy and free throw stroke? Just a thought. I know Josh isn't that stubborn/ stupid to totally refuse input, criticism, and change on easily the worst part of his game from someone who knows a thing or two about the topic.

If you can't shoot. You can't shoot... I'm sure Mark Price is doing his best but some players just don't have the touch. Having said that, I would want for Josh to get his low post game ironed out completely before he even thinks about shooting jumpers (his post game is getting better, but there is plenty of room for improvement). In his mind though, Josh has always been a shooter. God knows we all wish he would get over his delusion.

hes been a decent ft shooter the past couple of months that isn't the problem. Its the fact that he is not a good jump shooter thats the problem. Like Atlantaholic said if you cant shoot you can't shoot. However his post game isn't bad, if he focuses on that this Offseason and shoot his FT's like his been doing the past month or so he could average 18 points.

You honestly think he doesn't work on free throws at LEAST? Give me a break man.

Well the only thing i can say is at least Smoove's shot doesnt look to bad out there. He cant be shooting like he did last year. His stroke looks a little bit better this year. I still would prefer him in the paint though.

• Moderators

He cant be shooting like he did last year. His stroke looks a little bit better this year. I still would prefer him in the paint though.

Josh's efg% on jumpers this year is 28.4%.

Last year, his efg% on jumpers was 34.9%.

So his jump shooting is much less effective than last year. The saving grace is that he is taking fewer of them so the offense is better overall.

• Like 1

Josh's efg% on jumpers this year is 28.4%.

Last year, his efg% on jumpers was 34.9%.

So his jump shooting is much less effective than last year. The saving grace is that he is taking fewer of them so the offense is better overall.

Can you run that for only like the last 15 or 20 games. I've noticed that 19 foot jumper has been dropping more lately. See if it's improving. Seems to me to be a concerted effort to try and get him some kind of outside game to open up his drive.

• Moderators

Can you run that for only like the last 15 or 20 games. I've noticed that 19 foot jumper has been dropping more lately. See if it's improving. Seems to me to be a concerted effort to try and get him some kind of outside game to open up his drive.

I'll let you run those! I don't think 82games breaks them down like that and am not up to checking the shooting charts game by game.

He has been looking a little better, but there's so much to improve. His entire motion should be more fluid and quicker. He has learned that he doesn't have to jump as high or put as much arc on it, something that just seems to be hard to grasp for natural high-flyers. His balance and shoulder positioning have always been okay, he just needs to flex his knees much quicker and find some coordination, rhythym, and comfort with his stroke. He's still young. I'll give him a pass for one more year as far as being a pathetic jump-shooting 3. Next year, he's gonna be stroking it, and we're gonna be like "wtf!" It'll open the flood gates for the rest of his game, especially his drive and kick when the defense closes, as his already underrated passing is always improving. He'll be virtually unstoppable at that point.

Edited by benhillboy